
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
johnnyp
- Posts: 5239
- Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 16:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: SE ENGLAND
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
No docket for me
I used to do s**t loads a few years back,but not anymore as ive a long journey home and the rate of pay is crap for the size of the walks now
I used to do s**t loads a few years back,but not anymore as ive a long journey home and the rate of pay is crap for the size of the walks now
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
Up until three weeks ago, I was regularly doing cut-offs and abs o/t on other walks after completeing my own walk on overtime, just to try and make ends meet since PTers at my depot were set back to a 0945 start (after claiming prep o/t for most of the summer since April).
I've personally found it much more pleasant during this Xmas pressure period to prep my own walk from scratch at 0800 (getting s/a rate until 0930); getting s/a rate for my "day off" contract hours and completing my own walk to finish in "ext del" o/t until ~1545 most days. I'm getting over 7 hours off my own walk each day, which makes heck on a difference to my perspective when completing the final stretch of the high street on my walk, as I'm not thinking "nearly time for my cut-off o/t."
Wish I could continue the prep of my own walk after Xmas, but not a chance in hell...
I've personally found it much more pleasant during this Xmas pressure period to prep my own walk from scratch at 0800 (getting s/a rate until 0930); getting s/a rate for my "day off" contract hours and completing my own walk to finish in "ext del" o/t until ~1545 most days. I'm getting over 7 hours off my own walk each day, which makes heck on a difference to my perspective when completing the final stretch of the high street on my walk, as I'm not thinking "nearly time for my cut-off o/t."
Wish I could continue the prep of my own walk after Xmas, but not a chance in hell...
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
As an office we have agreed a 21 SA hr deal which i think i will get about 17 hours after rest days. Is it worth it, prob not but everyone is agreed.
Today (day one) we started at 5am and i left at 2pm so that was not so bad. It will be worse by the end of the week though
Today (day one) we started at 5am and i left at 2pm so that was not so bad. It will be worse by the end of the week though
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
mma83
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 28 Oct 2010, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: B'Ham
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
Dorset Plodder wrote:In answer to Clash .. I was led to believe the reason the OT rate drops after the first 10 hours is to discourage the "Overtime Bandits". I beg to differ!! The OT rate in this business is CRAP!
If you're willing to do the OT then the Union should be negotiating a DECENT rate of pay. I remember when I worked for a company that paid Time + 1/3rd for the first 2 hours and then Time + 2/3rds for the second 2 hours (per day) and I thought that was Crap!
If RM was made to pay a decent rate of OT pay it would be impractical to employ as many PT posties as they do. They would be forced to make them all up to FT. Which is what they should do, simply on Moral grounds!
As it is they save a f***ing fortune by employing PTers and working them FT, with all the benefits (to them) of reduced Holiday Pay, Sick Pay, Reduced Pension Contributions and f***ing PRO-RATABonuses!![]()
Merry Christmas
And if a p/timer like myself sticks to their contracted hours most days, arrive at work with a near empty frame......I will just keep bringing the mail back. Refuse to do any/much o/t, but if had weekly hours increased then at least I wouldn't be bringing any mail back
-
estelle
- Posts: 194
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 10:31
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
having taken a proper tumble on some black ice this morning, my answer may need revised - I was doing all I could get, now, not so sure I'll be able to walk tomorrow.
-
enzio
- Posts: 379
- Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
i used to do over time a long time a go but now just dont think it worth the money the dutys are to big now i just think you get to tired by the end ofthe week to make it worth it so just say no and watch the mangers cry allways makes me happy

-
blair-jakehead
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 11 Oct 2010, 12:24
- Gender: Female
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
Why isn't there a national agreement on all christmas overtime being paid at schedule rate? I work in a mail centre, where processing and distribution get paid schedule rate while delivery get pressure. We seem to be tha poor relations in Royal Mail, the hardest worked and the shitest paid.
-
rolf
- Posts: 110
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:54
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
We started our xmas pressure last monday already done 33 hours o/t in 1st week not bad eh

-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
I haven't seen s/a in our DO for over 10 years. What is the rate for it?blair-jakehead wrote:Why isn't there a national agreement on all christmas overtime being paid at schedule rate? I work in a mail centre, where processing and distribution get paid schedule rate while delivery get pressure. We seem to be tha poor relations in Royal Mail, the hardest worked and the shitest paid.
I don't bother with OT most of the year but always bang some in at xmas, did 32 hours last week but TBH the OT rates are embarrassing. What is it for the first 10 hours, about time and a 10th? No shift allowance for working nights. Then about 11 quid an hour for Sundays.
Why did the CWU allow that to be put to a vote and recommend it as part of the WF agreement?
-
london sub
- Posts: 397
- Joined: 29 Jan 2009, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
Same here mate...went over my left ankle this morning (slightly sprained) and could not continue.... and waited 2 hours for a lift back to the office.estelle wrote:having taken a proper tumble on some black ice this morning, my answer may need revised - I was doing all I could get, now, not so sure I'll be able to walk tomorrow.
As i am working with a colleague with this p&l business, he didn't bother to check where i was down the street that i was delivering in and had the accident in also. Instead he left me, and continued to deliver mail i kid you not
-
estelle
- Posts: 194
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 10:31
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
the only person to come to my rescue was a one armed man - I kid you not. He only did so because he thought I'd been mugged.
Not sure where my bruise has gone, but by golly my bum is really really sore today, as is the other side of me where I've strained everything from the force of landing backwards.
Sorry to hear about your ankle - hope you are ok.
Not sure where my bruise has gone, but by golly my bum is really really sore today, as is the other side of me where I've strained everything from the force of landing backwards.
Sorry to hear about your ankle - hope you are ok.
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
Mentioning sore bums on here is not wise with some of the characters on this forum!estelle wrote:the only person to come to my rescue was a one armed man - I kid you not. He only did so because he thought I'd been mugged.
Not sure where my bruise has gone, but by golly my bum is really really sore today, as is the other side of me where I've strained everything from the force of landing backwards.
Sorry to hear about your ankle - hope you are ok.
-
estelle
- Posts: 194
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 10:31
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
I did wonder about posting that - but figured I've already read worse
apparently still no sign of bruising (it's difficult for me to get a proper look without twisting in a way that makes the strained shoulder hurt even more)
apparently still no sign of bruising (it's difficult for me to get a proper look without twisting in a way that makes the strained shoulder hurt even more)
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
Try a mirror or....estelle wrote:I did wonder about posting that - but figured I've already read worse![]()
apparently still no sign of bruising (it's difficult for me to get a proper look without twisting in a way that makes the strained shoulder hurt even more)
good times, bad times you know I've had my share