ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Manic Monday...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Manic Monday...

Post by baldrick »

I posted all my Christmas cards early. :Very Happy
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Manic Monday...

Post by DirtyHarry »

Hitcher wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:I'm off this week. :Very Happy
How?
Rest week. :Very Happy
Exrep
Posts: 1005
Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: Manic Monday...

Post by Exrep »

And it was a manic Monday packet wise more so than mail.

4 and half packet bags 2 trays of sequenced letters and two full trays from the IPS.

On Mondays in our office we work 06.15 14.09 so your off the road at 13.30.

Left office at 10.30 and left one row, came back the office one row still there I wouldn't mind I had tied it up as-well,most probably still be there on my fitting tomorrow .

The joys I had with DIM on getting my ruling at one point I had to walk away as they were getting more and more bizarre the more I challenged him,then HE came around to my fitting and gave me the ruling I suggested to him Initialy ROLL on tomoz.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
elteleltel
Posts: 120
Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 17:27
Gender: Male
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Manic Monday...

Post by elteleltel »

3 trays sequenced mail and 6 packet bags plus loads of manual cards. Left 1 .5 rows and still took mail back despite going over 1 hr .Lots of stuff left but some will stay out even in the dark to finish
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: Manic Monday...

Post by Godric »

Stormproof wrote:More bad weather (snow/ice) forecast for the end of the week http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... html?day=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so the s**t is going to hit the fan big time this year.

i won't be busting my balls, the way i feel right now i couldn't care less if the christmas mail fails
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: Manic Monday...

Post by Godric »

elteleltel wrote:3 trays sequenced mail and 6 packet bags plus loads of manual cards. Left 1 .5 rows and still took mail back despite going over 1 hr .Lots of stuff left but some will stay out even in the dark to finish

those days are long over for me ... the days of finishing at dark o'clock are by ... they can stick their overtime
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: Manic Monday...

Post by hampshireman »

Interesting day. Funnily enough my last week ; finish on Friday (and ; I will actually miss some aspects of the job)

Was supposed to be spare; but of course someone was sick. So , picked up a walk that had half of it with four days mail.

Rammed with packets and mail. Got out at 10:45.

Thought; yes I can clear this and finish by about 3pm.

Lost the will to live at 2pm and brought back three bags and loads of packets.

Actually on reflection. Lost the will to live at 10:45.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Manic Monday...

Post by stokes11eg »

hampshireman wrote:Interesting day. Funnily enough my last week ; finish on Friday (and ; I will actually miss some aspects of the job)

Was supposed to be spare; but of course someone was sick. So , picked up a walk that had half of it with four days mail.

Rammed with packets and mail. Got out at 10:45.

Thought; yes I can clear this and finish by about 3pm.

Lost the will to live at 2pm and brought back three bags and loads of packets.

Actually on reflection. Lost the will to live at 10:45.
:Very Happy How often we all lose the will to live on this job! It used to be good! Are you retiring?
richystran
Posts: 72
Joined: 20 May 2010, 02:01
Gender: Male

Re: Manic Monday...

Post by richystran »

Was it only me or was it not as heavy as expected? Saturday in our office was far heavier than today, so much for manic monday etc lol Anyway i will expect tomorrow will be mental for parcels specials etc!
Sippin40oz
Posts: 170
Joined: 24 Oct 2010, 18:29
Gender: Female

Re: Manic Monday...

Post by Sippin40oz »

richystran wrote:Was it only me or was it not as heavy as expected? Saturday in our office was far heavier than today, so much for manic monday etc lol Anyway i will expect tomorrow will be mental for parcels specials etc!
Same here it was heavy for a monday but not really too bad at all. Extra packets from the snow are causing me more grief then extra seasonal mail!
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: Manic Monday...

Post by taurus88 »

It wasn't that heavy here, but heavy becomes a denomination that is relative to other days. Take Saturday, when I was handling four days' mail on a half of my walk. How was it even possible that today could be worse than that? I had one and a half days' mail today, including 'heavy Monday', but because my fitting was lighter relative to the days that have passed, I didn't notice that today was any better/worse than any other day. Packets wise, I wouldn't have noticed, I haven't touched one in yonks. One of the managers intimated that he was beginning to grow concerned regarding my 'packet situation' - maybe he should start managing it then, instead of expecting me to grow extra arms and legs to handle a backlog of over a week. Alternatively, he could shell out on four/five hours overtime to make it worth my while to shift them.

Just a couple of suggestions.
steven100
Posts: 1391
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
Gender: Male

Re: Manic Monday...

Post by steven100 »

I'm so glad i only work 2 days. Uni exams finished what will i do for the next 2 weeks

1) Do overtime in RM or
2) Long lie in my bed......hmmmmm


Here's my pick :nana :nana :nana
tragictramp
Posts: 381
Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 18:02
Gender: Male

Re: Manic Monday...

Post by tragictramp »

weightwise i found today ok, volume of mail was stupidly high though and pretty much 100% call rate with cards etc, only mail i sent back was 3 sets of time locked flats and still went over for an hour so will be booking tomorrow!
spoodoo
Posts: 829
Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Manic Monday...

Post by spoodoo »

today some of us came in to 10 trays coded mail at our frames ,and the rest,,,,,loadsa cut off s ,some leaving 90 percent ! There were no plans in place even though they knew itd be a bad one, no casuals ,no xtra staff nothing,, . is the Ehs worth talking to btw?
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Manic Monday...

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Wasn't aware this was "the big day" when I went in this morning at 0800, but was aware I was in for a long day when I left the depot to start deliveries at 1045...
4 trays sequenced
1 tray IPS manual
2.5+ trays flats
3 full to the brim sacks of packets

With two monster sacks of packets at my bag drop (having given a few oversize/overwights to my driver), I was a slave to the docket again, claiming until 1615 (including my extra entitled meal relief).

Speaking of dockets, looks like the staff who enter the docket claims onto the system have made a right mess of last week's claims by me (s/a prep; s/a day off; ext del all written in dockets each day), seriously doubting I will be paid for anything close to 45 hours during the early hours of Friday... Going to be fun working out "belated" hours and ensuring I get the s/a rate for it! :arrrghhh