ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

xmas bonus

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jessthecat
Posts: 67
Joined: 15 Jul 2009, 15:47
Gender: Male

Re: xmas bonus

Post by jessthecat »

I'm on a 36 hour contract, and covering a 40 hour/week duty. So I get my 36 hours, plus 4 hour o/t. Next week i'm working my day off, doing early morning collections at 6am ( due to start on ips at 7.15am) and in on a few days early sorting. So my hours for next week will be a minimum of 52, plus if I work over my finish time of 3.15pm it'll be more. :shock:
I asked my dim if the xmas £100 was pro-rata on my contract of 36 hours, or based on the duty that I will be covering which is a 40hr duty. He says it's my 36 hour contract. Last year I think I got £90.
So, is it only if your contract is made up to a 40hr temporarily that you get the full whack??
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: xmas bonus

Post by baldrick »

jessthecat wrote:So, is it only if your contract is made up to a 40hr temporarily that you get the full whack??
Yes - that's what I understand.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: xmas bonus

Post by baldrick »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:
baldrick wrote:
Carew wrote:I think we should get 250 pounds bonus tax free each Christmas.
The Xmas bonus was originally a share of the savings made in each office at Xmas, by cutting hours (OT and casuals), under the Improved Working Methods Agreement. At my MC it was over £300 IIRC. It varied from office to office and some offices didn't get anything.
The Way Forward Agreement 2000 changed it to £100 for every office, and it hasn't been increased since then.
Ive had £100 every xmas since 1991 ! And ive worked at 3 different offices in that time.
Yeah it might have been equalised at £100 before the Way Forward. I'm not sure which agreement changed it,
but my MC did use to get over £300, then it was changed to £100. I'd have to look at my old payslips to see when it was.
overworked
Posts: 55
Joined: 22 May 2007, 16:45
Gender: Male
Location: Eastern Bloc

Re: xmas bonus

Post by overworked »

Theghost wrote:Oh,Dont go on the sick or they take it back,A bonus paid for working hard all year yet if you fall ill over xmas they take it back,More Crap. :arrrghhh
The rules on abatement for sick absence apply to people on sick pay at half-rate or pension-rate only. If anyone takes away a penny of your xmas bonus if you recieve sick pay at full rate then put in a grievance.
I'm a Postman at the Henley Road Delivery Office in Cambridge.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: xmas bonus

Post by Big Daz »

Interesting post that overworked


Look forward to my payslip next week as Ive been on sick leave since 13th November.
postghost
Posts: 433
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 21:19

Re: xmas bonus

Post by postghost »

I have posted this here as well in a hope to receive clarity on this:

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=31744" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks
Lateagainpostie
Posts: 393
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
Gender: Male

Re: xmas bonus

Post by Lateagainpostie »

I've been told by my DOM that as I was sick on 28th November I wont get the bonus, ( pro rata of course ), but xmas pressure in our office isn't official until the 13th Dec !!

Can someone clear that one up.
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: xmas bonus

Post by POSTMAN »

Lateagainpostie wrote:I've been told by my DOM that as I was sick on 28th November I wont get the bonus, ( pro rata of course ), but xmas pressure in our office isn't official until the 13th Dec !!

Can someone clear that one up.
Being discussed here...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=32193" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
postghost
Posts: 433
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 21:19

Re: xmas bonus

Post by postghost »

Do I still get the bonus if I have to take special leave for 1 day for family funeral?
DaveH
Posts: 10
Joined: 18 Nov 2010, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: xmas bonus

Post by DaveH »

I was off all December and January last year with fractured foot and still got my £100 bonus.