dont be sorry....everybody has their own reasons.....thats life !!!estelle wrote:sadly I am doing all the o/t I can get - I'll learn my lesson after this year though no doubt, day 5 into my 12 straight days, and I'm numb of brain.
Before I get shouted down for doing this, I really do need the extra pennies due to the mega bills I've been landed with.
Sorry
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
-
internetguy
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
-
axeman
- Posts: 1733
- Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
no not intrested don't care
-
dwmc
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 05:06
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
as usual i was up for doing as much overtime as possible , reason being i`ll take as much money as i can but with the changes that are upon us and longer deliveries and later start and finishing times i`ve decided to tell them to stick the overtime where the sun don`t shine .
i`m looking forward to xmas eve where no matter what is left i`ll be finishing on time and going straight to pub ,
i`m looking forward to xmas eve where no matter what is left i`ll be finishing on time and going straight to pub ,
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
.. like Taurus - prefer the indoor prep o/t, but am happy to do the odd row here and there ... can't overdo it - not at my age 
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
No, I haven't done any overtime for at least 7 years now.
The rates for overtime are a piss-take, anyway. I would feel I was being made a mug of.
The rates for overtime are a piss-take, anyway. I would feel I was being made a mug of.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
In answer to Clash .. I was led to believe the reason the OT rate drops after the first 10 hours is to discourage the "Overtime Bandits". I beg to differ!! The OT rate in this business is CRAP!
If you're willing to do the OT then the Union should be negotiating a DECENT rate of pay. I remember when I worked for a company that paid Time + 1/3rd for the first 2 hours and then Time + 2/3rds for the second 2 hours (per day) and I thought that was Crap!
If RM was made to pay a decent rate of OT pay it would be impractical to employ as many PT posties as they do. They would be forced to make them all up to FT. Which is what they should do, simply on Moral grounds!
As it is they save a f***ing fortune by employing PTers and working them FT, with all the benefits (to them) of reduced Holiday Pay, Sick Pay, Reduced Pension Contributions and f***ing PRO-RATABonuses!
Merry Christmas
If you're willing to do the OT then the Union should be negotiating a DECENT rate of pay. I remember when I worked for a company that paid Time + 1/3rd for the first 2 hours and then Time + 2/3rds for the second 2 hours (per day) and I thought that was Crap!
If RM was made to pay a decent rate of OT pay it would be impractical to employ as many PT posties as they do. They would be forced to make them all up to FT. Which is what they should do, simply on Moral grounds!
As it is they save a f***ing fortune by employing PTers and working them FT, with all the benefits (to them) of reduced Holiday Pay, Sick Pay, Reduced Pension Contributions and f***ing PRO-RATABonuses!
Merry Christmas
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
london sub
- Posts: 397
- Joined: 29 Jan 2009, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
I've done 10 years of doing overtime every year till now. I used to do 40+hrs of overtime a week during xmas, but this year i've decided enough is enough, i don't get any genuine thanks from the management anymore. The dom and crew care more about savings and bonus through out the year, and why should xmas be any different.
The rates of o/t over the years have dropped considerably...especially when a sunday rate was double and now its a lot less.
The rates of o/t over the years have dropped considerably...especially when a sunday rate was double and now its a lot less.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
The same.DirtyHarry wrote:No, I haven't done any overtime for at least 7 years now.
The rates for overtime are a piss-take, anyway. I would feel I was being made a mug of.
When you tell others outside Royal Mail the overtime rates you have to pick them back up off the floor and get a mop for the piss.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
You don't need immigrant cheap labour when you've got your own homegrown peasants desperate to make a living wage 
Bye
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
Too right, must be some of the worst overtime rates in the whole country. I would have to be seriously hard-up to do any significant amount of overtime for these clowns on a regular basis.fishtank wrote:The same.DirtyHarry wrote:No, I haven't done any overtime for at least 7 years now.
The rates for overtime are a piss-take, anyway. I would feel I was being made a mug of.
When you tell others outside Royal Mail the overtime rates you have to pick them back up off the floor and get a mop for the piss.
-
mailmonkey
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
Inever do ANY overtime for the bunch of c***s.
I always tell whichever manager is pleading that if they want me to work more than my 25hours, they'll have to increase my contract hours, and I'll be happy to work them.
I always tell whichever manager is pleading that if they want me to work more than my 25hours, they'll have to increase my contract hours, and I'll be happy to work them.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
As long as overtime is this cheap for Royal Mail and there are plenty willing to do it they will continue to under-staff the offices and run the business on O/T denying guys like you mailmonkey...a decent full-time contract.
Isn't that what this whole "flexing up" bollox is all about...?
Isn't that what this whole "flexing up" bollox is all about...?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
redspartapost
- Posts: 151
- Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 12:03
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
working day off(checked that was ok with floater first,he got a better walk so is happy)done a couple off sundays on packet delivery 5hours work paid for 8 
-
Exrep
- Posts: 1005
- Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
The tight bar stewards have only given us 2 hours at S/A rate for the Saturdays and obviously through the week if you go over you can book at normal rate.
I asked back in October for 3 hours at S/A on the 2 Saturdays and all docket through the week to be at S/A rate for the whole office and the tight fisted ***** wouldn't even give us that.
Only docket I will be doing will be the 2 Saturdays, one now as through the week if needed like today I will ask for a ruling.
I asked back in October for 3 hours at S/A on the 2 Saturdays and all docket through the week to be at S/A rate for the whole office and the tight fisted ***** wouldn't even give us that.
Only docket I will be doing will be the 2 Saturdays, one now as through the week if needed like today I will ask for a ruling.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
-
mailmonkey
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Are you doing any docket this xmas?
Yep!fishtank wrote: Isn't that what this whole "flexing up" bollox is all about...?
My manager is already aware that I won't be flexing anything. Ever.
And, yeah, I'm not the only long term part timer who wants to increase hours in my offfice, as you say fishtank, if people stop agreeing to do OT they'd soon have to start increasing contracts for us.