ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Best gloves for the job?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Best gloves for the job?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

sequinn wrote:Best gloves for the job are woollen fingerless gloves with pullover mitt and a 'thinsulate' lining. Can be bought for about £3.99 on market stalls and ebay. In this really cold weather I have worn the royal mail gloves as well for extra insulation and my fingers have been quite warm. Now all I need is some decent socks to keep my tootsies warm!!
Feet are easy 1 - thin cotton pair and then 1 woollen pair over the top. Never suffered from cold feet since I was in the Mob and got a dose of white foot on an exercise.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Best gloves for the job?

Post by DGP1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
sequinn wrote:Best gloves for the job are woollen fingerless gloves with pullover mitt and a 'thinsulate' lining. Can be bought for about £3.99 on market stalls and ebay. In this really cold weather I have worn the royal mail gloves as well for extra insulation and my fingers have been quite warm. Now all I need is some decent socks to keep my tootsies warm!!
Feet are easy 1 - thin cotton pair and then 1 woollen pair over the top. Never suffered from cold feet since I was in the Mob and got a dose of white foot on an exercise.
You're doing it wrong if your feet got infected :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio