Same here! Not bothered though being a reserve :)coxie wrote:I wonder how grumpy I am then if I only got a tenner last year.Theghost wrote:Suppose im a grumpy sod when im on the streets,So this maybe the reason my tips are only around the £50 mark if im lucky.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Begging For xmas Tips
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: Begging For xmas Tips
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Begging For xmas Tips
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:Exactly how many lunatic asylums do you deliver to?POSTMAN wrote:I'll be honest,i don't like getting tips,but they don't take no for an answer.
It's a nice gesture though,and i'm chuffed they think of me.
Why did you miss him today, get up early and catch him tomorrow.
-
Wiggins79
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 11:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Begging For xmas Tips
Try being the day off cover. You get feck-all garaunteed every year. What I find particularly insulting is when people come to the door as you are delivering with armfuls of goodies, or a handful of cash, see it isn't the regular postie, mutter something like "oh, it isn't so and so" and promptly shut the door in your face. Even worse is when they try and make you take the gifts for the other regular. Yes, I say, I'll have no trouble fitting that bottle of booze into my already overflowing puch, and then trying to juggle it when I pick up my next overflowing pouch. All for absolutely no gain for myself. 
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: Begging For xmas Tips
Wiggins79 wrote:Try being the day off cover. You get feck-all garaunteed every year. What I find particularly insulting is when people come to the door as you are delivering with armfuls of goodies, or a handful of cash, see it isn't the regular postie, mutter something like "oh, it isn't so and so" and promptly shut the door in your face. Even worse is when they try and make you take the gifts for the other regular. Yes, I say, I'll have no trouble fitting that bottle of booze into my already overflowing puch, and then trying to juggle it when I pick up my next overflowing pouch. All for absolutely no gain for myself.
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Begging For xmas Tips
Nearly all my time is spent as a reserve, but I did 10 months covering a float.
Don't expect tips and was therefore not disappointed.
What does annoy me to see though is walks that get £800 plus in tips , reward their float with the square root of eff all.
Don't expect tips and was therefore not disappointed.
What does annoy me to see though is walks that get £800 plus in tips , reward their float with the square root of eff all.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Begging For xmas Tips
I always split whatever my rest day cover gets 50/50. Last year he got about £40 and seemed happy with that.hampshireman wrote:reward their float with the square root of eff all.
Another thing that annoys me is last year i delivered to a house which hammer Ebay all year and get parcels every other day, as i got there the Adeco shopping delivery guy was just finishing and i had to wait to get a packet signed for. She then hands the delivery driver a tenner and says "thats for you, merry christmas" before returning to me, signing the pda, then closing the door without a word.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
jaylime
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Begging For xmas Tips
I totally agree with this.I feel embarrased when I accept.But like Postman says,I really am chuffed they think something of me.POSTMAN wrote:I'll be honest,i don't like getting tips,but they don't take no for an answer.
It's a nice gesture though,and i'm chuffed they think of me.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Begging For xmas Tips
My third Christmas I averaged £1 a house, and that's without cards or Santa hat. 
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Begging For xmas Tips
What........... you only have 3 houses on your deliveryLounge Lizard wrote:My third Christmas I averaged £1 a house, and that's without cards or Santa hat.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Begging For xmas Tips
Well, you could call the other 297 bungalows or mansions.dvbuk55 wrote:What........... you only have 3 houses on your deliveryLounge Lizard wrote:My third Christmas I averaged £1 a house, and that's without cards or Santa hat.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Begging For xmas Tips
You've only 300 homes on your dutyLounge Lizard wrote:Well, you could call the other 297 bungalows or mansions.dvbuk55 wrote:What........... you only have 3 houses on your deliveryLounge Lizard wrote:My third Christmas I averaged £1 a house, and that's without cards or Santa hat.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Broxi51
- Posts: 1154
- Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 19:04
- Location: Scotland
Re: Begging For xmas Tips
DGP1 wrote: You've only 300 homes on your duty![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
are you in London then
But they dont need tips in London, DGP, the pavements.....................
The time has come to stop turning the other cheek, time to stop shaking our heads in bitter dismay, time to stop mumbling our angry words.
The time has come for union.
The time has come for union.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Begging For xmas Tips
Yeah I keep forgetting thatBroxi51 wrote:DGP1 wrote: You've only 300 homes on your duty![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
are you in London then
But they dont need tips in London, DGP, the pavements.....................
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio