ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Courier stories are made up - fact

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
banddy
Posts: 208
Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 16:31
Gender: Male

Re: Courier stories are made up - fact

Post by banddy »

it's a waste of resources.

they have absolutely nothing of interest story wise as it's all propoganda and the "discount offers" are a joke.

i,e...spend £3000 on a holiday and get 10% off.

i'd like to know if any ordinary posties can afford £3000 holidays!! seriously.
potters
Posts: 6
Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 20:38
Gender: Male

Re: Courier stories are made up - fact

Post by potters »

jack straw wrote:Can anyone on here confirm or deny that the stories printed in the management rag 'Courier' are statements by real characters. In my office there isn't a single person would go along with any of the comments stated. They most definately wouldn't pose for pictures with thumbs up commending the management's ideas. It's gotta be a stitch up.
welcome 2 the real world......eastenders and coronation street........
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Courier stories are made up - fact

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Pat Ostman wrote:Can we have a projectile vomit smilie?
take your pick

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Courier stories are made up - fact

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Dorset Plodder wrote:I'm writing a letter to the courier right now actually, to tell them how my DIM came out in his car today with flasks of hot soup to keep us hard working Posties going in this foul weather! I would willingly sell my wife and children to help out RM if needed!! :whistle Que: Cheesy Smile & Thumbs UP :left:
Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Courier stories are made up - fact

Post by Caniel »

Someone from my office was on the front page of the Courier a few years back, said person was an office person and had never done a delivery before yet for the front page they were photographed in the sunshine with an empty pouch over their shoulder with a comment under along the lines of "so and so out and about on delivery blah bah" The actual Postie who delivered where the photograph was taken wasn't amused lol
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Courier stories are made up - fact

Post by krussel »

minimumstandard wrote:
my uncle appeared in one a couple of years ago and hes a git

:left: :left: :left: :left:

I loved that comment :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Fatboyslim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 117
Joined: 30 May 2010, 10:27
Gender: Male

Re: Courier stories are made up - fact

Post by Fatboyslim »

I haven't read it for quite a while now. All I do is carefully open the wrapper. And dispose it all in my re-cycle bin straight away. For all I know there could be a wad of tenners in there and I wouldn't notice...

I would have thought RM are not that stupid to think it is 'read' by normal staff. And any company looking to save a few bob. Should have their sights on this waste straight away. All it is self-opinionated properganda from one side. It is never questioned by anyone. Taking pictures of 'staff' who clearly went to bed the previous night with a coathanger wedged in their mouth. Who in their right mind would have their picture taken smiling leaning over a machine with a lanyard/identity badge dangling dangerously close to machinery.

I'd love to know what the budget for this wasteful rag is?
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: Courier stories are made up - fact

Post by mclovin »

Courier journo's turned up at our place, must be about 10-12 years ago, took the story about our management/staff focus group, took a couple of pictures and buggered off. Story was printed and the lads/gaffer in the group made the front page pic.
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: Courier stories are made up - fact

Post by taurus88 »

I always flick through it to see what the latest RM bile is. To anticipate your employer's next move, you must look into the mind of your employer, and from there try to unravel their perverse rationale as a means to examining your own role within their twisted games. That, at least, is what I tell my intelligent friends. To the others, yon Courier is a literary masterpiece perfectly reflecting the views of I, the proletariat Royal Mail postman. O! Royal Mail, how truly great thou art. Thou, whose wondrous lustre I bask in. Please take me farther along the journey, for I kneel worshipful before you.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Courier stories are made up - fact

Post by fishtank »

Step away from the bottle of cooking sherry taurus. :chuckle :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16738
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Courier stories are made up - fact

Post by clashcityrocker »

Let her drink what she likes.
It is like having our own Jane Austen live and direct on RMC.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Courier stories are made up - fact

Post by dvbuk55 »

taurus88 wrote:I always flick through it to see what the latest RM bile is. To anticipate your employer's next move, you must look into the mind of your employer, and from there try to unravel their perverse rationale as a means to examining your own role within their twisted games. That, at least, is what I tell my intelligent friends. To the others, yon Courier is a literary masterpiece perfectly reflecting the views of I, the proletariat Royal Mail postman. O! Royal Mail, how truly great thou art. Thou, whose wondrous lustre I bask in. Please take me farther along the journey, for I kneel worshipful before you.
We are not worthy of such glorious prose.........................we bow before thee.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Courier stories are made up - fact

Post by fishtank »

taurus88 wrote:for I kneel worshipful before you.

Now that takes me back.......... :whistle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: Courier stories are made up - fact

Post by taurus88 »

fishtank wrote:
taurus88 wrote:for I kneel worshipful before you.

Now that takes me back.......... :whistle
Didn't know you were a rent boy before joining RM :wink:. O! I likes the new badass Santa smilies.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Courier stories are made up - fact

Post by TeeferTiger »

taurus88 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
taurus88 wrote:for I kneel worshipful before you.

Now that takes me back.......... :whistle
Didn't know you were a rent boy before joining RM :wink:. O! I likes the new badass Santa smilies.
Rent boy/shafted by RM... no difference really. Rent boy was probably better pay but unsociable hours.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?