fishtank wrote:No deliveries today.
Took them 5 hours and two conference calls to decide though.
You mean you were not allowed to use your common sense and do your own risk assesment on whether or not to go out on delivery.
How very novel of your Dom to make the decision for you.
No way has the DOM made the decision. They probably Networked it on the Conference Call, Blue Sky'd it to the DSM, who Power Pointed it to ...... and then Mg (not Magnesium but Moya Greene) actually OK'd it which was then cascaded down the pipeline. Which kind of explains the 5 hours
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank wrote:No deliveries today.
Took them 5 hours and two conference calls to decide though.
You mean you were not allowed to use your common sense and do your own risk assesment on whether or not to go out on delivery.
How very novel of your Dom to make the decision for you.
No way has the DOM made the decision. They probably Networked it on the Conference Call, Blue Sky'd it to the DSM, who Power Pointed it to ...... and then Mg (not Magnesium but Moya Greene) actually OK'd it which was then cascaded down the pipeline. Which kind of explains the 5 hours
FFS Teebs, you've spent way too much time in those 'management' courses
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Ten inches of snow and its still bucketing down like mad in Barnsley.
Could not even get the car out of the garage.
Sounds like most of the office in the same situation.
Do we all loose a days pay (or longer ) Or will we have to work 18hrs a day until we have paid back our time.
We've now had about 3-4 inches of snow overnight and its still snowing. Just seen a crew bus go past so my office have been sent out. It seems to be if you can get the van out of the yard then you are going out, shut up and get on with it!
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
ihatedogs wrote:Been out in the van for an hour, just been called back in via PDA message.
Hope they have done that for our guys as the Buses have all been stopped. Last year they left us out there .
Ps our conveyance is by bus and yes we do get fares back
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
18" of snow here (no exaggeration whatsoever). I phoned in this morning as all the buses were stopped yesterday, a postie answered the phone! One manager made it in and 14-15 posties out of 150. They were sent home before 9am.
Surely when the snow is that deep common sense prevails and you don't even try and walk in unless you're really close? My office is 6 miles away and the nearest one is 3 miles away, no chance on earth I am walking that far to then be told there's nothing to do anyway.
Went to my local, did a bit of chucking in/out, came home again. Suits me. If anyone asks me though, I laboured like a mule until 1.30pm and was then granted 20 minutes grace because of the atrocious conditions. With more heavy snow predicted soon, it looks like the same will happen. I can't help but wonder about my poor old door-to-doors, left alone, undone, not even placed gently into the frame so they can feel snug and homely. Whatever will I do? Surely the precious must be delivered?
taurus88 wrote:Went to my local, did a bit of chucking in/out, came home again. Suits me. If anyone asks me though, I laboured like a mule until 1.30pm and was then granted 20 minutes grace because of the atrocious conditions. With more heavy snow predicted soon, it looks like the same will happen. I can't help but wonder about my poor old door-to-doors, left alone, undone, not even placed gently into the frame so they can feel snug and homely. Whatever will I do? Surely the precious must be delivered?
Not in Buckinghamshire are you
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Having just read through the 'Joint Brief Severe Weather November 2010.pdf' given as instructions to managers and postmen, it seems that if you are out on delivery and feel that the conditions are not safe then you return to your office and your manager should support your decision.
QUOTE: If they feel their walk has become too dangerous or inaccessible due to poor weather, support their decision not to carry on and encourage them to return to the office.
I hope we're all getting the support that this brief recommends!
Erith 'Erbert wrote:Having just read through the 'Joint Brief Severe Weather November 2010.pdf' given as instructions to managers and postmen, it seems that if you are out on delivery and feel that the conditions are not safe then you return to your office and your manager should support your decision.
QUOTE: If they feel their walk has become too dangerous or inaccessible due to poor weather, support their decision not to carry on and encourage them to return to the office.
I hope we're all getting the support that this brief recommends!
I made the decision not to carry on before the carry on started.
Still at home...still snowed in...still snowing.
Tomorrow looks like ground hog day already.
Can't wait for the support.
Got told to stay at home and wait for phone call. Stayed at home, no call. Do I lose a days pay? Manager said that might be taken as days holiday. Surely they cannot do this. If I am available for work and through their instructions I am not allowed to work, that is their problem at their cost. Any advices please.