ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Youngest Senior Man/Woman
-
graffi
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 186
- Joined: 30 Mar 2009, 11:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Youngest Senior Man/Woman
I only popped in for a stamp .... Got persuaded to stay arrrrr 22 years 
-
fatherchristmas
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 04 Sep 2007, 16:15
Re: Youngest Senior Man/Woman
this will be my 25th Christmas started as a cadet still only 40
how long left

-
AnotherLimey
- Posts: 751
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Youngest Senior Man/Woman
Bet they will still put you on a stage warning as soon as they get a chance though if you health fails at some point.theboropostie wrote:Most senior in my DO started in 1969....never took a days sick either!!![]()
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Youngest Senior Man/Woman
Agreed, I feel as if I can do considerably better than working for RM (no disrespect to any of my comrades, I just find the job to be very, very draining on both a physical and mental level, so when I use the term better, I mean in terms of my own personal well being rather than anything else, though a full-time position elsewhere also would not go amiss), but I lack the motivation or energy at the end of the day to pursue any such opportunties or openings with anything other than a hopeful, half-hearted five minutes where I look at other jobs on the internet. All that being said, I don't dislike the job per se, I would just prefer something that left me with more energy to pursue the finer things in life when I come home. I like to play football and cricket, but increasingly I am finding that I am demotivated towards them because of my low energy levels. In other jobs I never felt like this. I hated the other jobs but their effect on me began and ended at the threshold where I entered and departed. Royal Mail doesn't even allow me two days off in a row on a regular basis to recuperate.Terry Butcher wrote:I think absolutely every person who lands a job as a postie thinks it will be a quick fix until something else comes up. I thought i would last a few months max...I've been at Royal Mail for two YEARS to the day!youwot!!!!! wrote:i've got 29 years in and i'm 45.
joined straight from school as a cadet and thought i'd do a couple of years and move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so much for that.The problem is the job takes so much out of you that you don't have the energy to try and improve your circumstances.
-
Prawn Star
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 09 Jan 2007, 18:19
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Youngest Senior Man/Woman
I'm 27 years old
and have done 11 years.....
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Youngest Senior Man/Woman
louielouie wrote:I joined @ 16 and am 35yrs old, bloody sad jobs like life sentence lol.
SNAP
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Youngest Senior Man/Woman
Unless a fellow former cadet leaves then I will be about 58 before I rreach most senior status.
Reckon I will hit top 10 in my mid 40's and top 5 in my mid 50's
Reckon I will hit top 10 in my mid 40's and top 5 in my mid 50's