3 boxes - we had 3 in total for the WTL sessions but someone forgot to order any more and they eventually arrived with about 1 week to go.Stormproof wrote:I wonder if we will get the xmas 739's this year. Only had 3 boxes of them in our office last year, they ran out within a week.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
DROWNING IN PACKETS
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS
funny last week,had a tracked item knocked no answermmmm what shall i do,i no safeplace on me PDA put it in the wheelie bin.put 739 in doorand what happens any guesses folks.......... 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS
Possible sack? Card it,don't doorstep (Wheelie bin,behind plant pot yadda yadda)it.maisymoo04 wrote:funny last week,had a tracked item knocked no answermmmm what shall i do,i no safeplace on me PDA put it in the wheelie bin.put 739 in doorand what happens any guesses folks..........
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS
NO BIN MEN CAME AND EMPTIED THE BIN HAHAHA 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS
maisymoo04 wrote:NO BIN MEN CAME AND EMPTIED THE BIN HAHAHA
why would that be funny?
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS
custard lightin up lad,whats up some one took ye apple pie off ye
now that was funny

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS
oh.....my sides
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS
We're on starters orders at my place,3 yorks left today.................................it has begun.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3622
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS
Your office is doing the park and loop ?POSTMAN wrote:We're on starters orders at my place,3 yorks left today.................................it has begun.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS
NWpostie wrote:Your office is doing the park and loop ?POSTMAN wrote:We're on starters orders at my place,3 yorks left today.................................it has begun.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS
All walks already hitting 2 packet bags yesterday with a couple making 3. I had 3/4 of a york of parcels for my own walk and 7 bags of normal mail, were off and running 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS
I had two maxed out (over-full) packet bags today. Doesn't concern me, personally, the idea of three/four/six billion packet bag. If it's unworkable then it's unworkable, that's the point at which the emphasis shifts towards the manager's ability to rationalise problems of logistics, and to suitably delegate, rather than on mine to force eighty square foot square pegs into small rectangular holes more commonly referred to as letter boxes.
-
Terry Butcher
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 19:07
- Gender: Male
Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS
Only 3?krussel wrote:All walks already hitting 2 packet bags yesterday with a couple making 3. I had 3/4 of a york of parcels for my own walk and 7 bags of normal mail, were off and running
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS
WTFTerry Butcher wrote:Only 3?krussel wrote:All walks already hitting 2 packet bags yesterday with a couple making 3. I had 3/4 of a york of parcels for my own walk and 7 bags of normal mail, were off and runningWhy did my two walks have a combined total of 14 yesterday? Am i missing something here?
I've had 2 packet bags 3 times in 8 years on my walk, and the guy next to me only gets half the packets I do! The busiest packet walks in our office get 2/3 bags a day.
The benefits (literally) of delivering on sh*thole scummy estates!
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS
I deliver on said estates of disrepute (or dark renown, if you prefer). I'm getting two packet bags a day every heavy day we have, and I've regularly got one and a half even earlier in the year when things were better. I've been on here since I started with RM and it's awful for packets. Juxtaposed alongside my string of quite unpleasant estates is one very pleasant and affluent road. It gets very few packets. What annoys me is there are about a dozen people on the walk who are responsible for this incredibly irritating surge in packets towards the end of a week. I just know which names are going to be on them before I even begin emptying the bag.OnAFlyer wrote:WTFTerry Butcher wrote:Only 3?krussel wrote:All walks already hitting 2 packet bags yesterday with a couple making 3. I had 3/4 of a york of parcels for my own walk and 7 bags of normal mail, were off and runningWhy did my two walks have a combined total of 14 yesterday? Am i missing something here?
![]()
I've had 2 packet bags 3 times in 8 years on my walk, and the guy next to me only gets half the packets I do! The busiest packet walks in our office get 2/3 bags a day.
The benefits (literally) of delivering on sh*thole scummy estates!