ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

revision gone wrong

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: revision gone wrong

Post by POSTMAN »

Feck me,how long is this thread! :left:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: revision gone wrong

Post by skull »

Pinky 1 wrote:Do you know, we have daily huddles in our place and i learn more about my job on this site..... fecking great eh ?
(oh, and thank you dvb :wink: )
I've learnt more about how the job should be done in 2 weeks reading this site than I have working 4 years for RM .
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: revision gone wrong

Post by skull »

Day six .The Barrow office is starting to lose it's discipline . The majority are now working through their brakes and using bags instead of trolleys , I don't know if one or two are still using their own cars but they were earlier in the week . I don't understand this becauase when we were on strike no one went in and there was strong Solidarity .One good point people are still cutting off if they don't want the overtime .

If it comes to job losses I just know that the people doing the job right will be the ones who will get finished . This is where the pressure to cut corners starts becauase at the end of the day I don't want to lose my job . I think the park and loop would work well if we were given realistic targets . Our union rep is off at the moment hopefully when he comes back we can start banging some sense into the people taking short cuts .
simonjohncpc
Posts: 3
Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 17:01
Gender: Male

Re: revision gone wrong

Post by simonjohncpc »

I've lost the duty I was doing in the repick . I live on my old duty and we have just got our mail about 25 minutes ago , so 14.20 on a Saturday . I couldn't resist and shouted out the window " what time do you call this " . I was in Mon , Tues and Wed on park and loop and was getting finished between 3 and 4pm . I'm in the same opinion as skull give us an achievable work load and park and loop will work .
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: revision gone wrong

Post by Pinky 1 »

POSTMAN wrote:Feck me,how long is this thread! :left:
Just goes to show how well the new revisions are bedding in across the country :roll: :chuckle
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: revision gone wrong

Post by dvbuk55 »

Pinky 1 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Feck me,how long is this thread! :left:
Just goes to show how well the new revisions are bedding in across the country :roll: :chuckle
Well I'm on leave this week so hopefully something will have resolved itself by the time I go back.................I think probably people are not giving sufficient time for it to bed in and see if the rounds are doable, if tweaking will fix it, such as altering indoor work, altering the delivery.........the object of the exercise is surely to make it work to best advantage..........there is no going back. I would have to say that maybe there is a necessity to look at the trolleys again, not the HCTs but certainly the LCTs in certain circumstances. Time will tell.
windermeredave
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 265
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: revision gone wrong

Post by windermeredave »

ours was supposed to start on the 15th, postponed, the the 22nd, postponed again..now they are bringing in van sharing this week on existing jobs with no loops and no planning..its gonna be fun.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: revision gone wrong

Post by dvbuk55 »

windermeredave wrote:ours was supposed to start on the 15th, postponed, the the 22nd, postponed again..now they are bringing in van sharing this week on existing jobs with no loops and no planning..its gonna be fun.
That's how we started two years ago. This time it's been planned.............however not so that you'd notice :chuckle :chuckle
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: revision gone wrong

Post by skull »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Pinky 1 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Feck me,how long is this thread! :left:
Just goes to show how well the new revisions are bedding in across the country :roll: :chuckle
Well I'm on leave this week so hopefully something will have resolved itself by the time I go back.................I think probably people are not giving sufficient time for it to bed in and see if the rounds are doable, if tweaking will fix it, such as altering indoor work, altering the delivery.........the object of the exercise is surely to make it work to best advantage..........there is no going back. I would have to say that maybe there is a necessity to look at the trolleys again, not the HCTs but certainly the LCTs in certain circumstances. Time will tell.
We will be starting our second week tomorrow and there is room for a little tweaking here and there , at the most I would say about 25 mins can be knocked off . Quiet Tuesday was our best day last week , after finishing the loops we were getting back to the van within seconds of each other , everything ran as smooth as it could have and we still went 45 mins over , we didn't have any d2d's and were getting relief on the bigger packets . I think it's going to take a little more than tweaking , I would say smaller rounds or getting more outside time , any of these and park and loop will work just fine .