ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New Starter Cutting Off
-
spoodoo
- Posts: 829
- Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: New Starter Cutting Off
us full timers are beeing treated even worse than before,,,the part timers probably even more! they are all bullied into coming in early(scared cause there on trial) and they were informed if the mail is down (total rubbish!) that they cant claim any overtime even though they are well past there time! Why o why are we putting up with all this bullying ,,,id go back out on strike in a minute!
-
mma83
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 28 Oct 2010, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: B'Ham
Re: New Starter Cutting Off
Yeh, it is RE Tax Credits-working and child.
Well, being nice to my manager(line manager) didn't last long....after cutting off again and leaving 2 full bags(out of 6) he told me he wasn't very happy. I told him I wasn't happy with his planning......
Start at 9.00....didn't have a frame to go to until 9.30. Full bag of flats n parcels put in wrong frame,therefore given to me whilst i'm half bagged up. Not to mention numerous miss-sorts
Lets see how 2mo goes, or whether I get to see the managers office
Well, being nice to my manager(line manager) didn't last long....after cutting off again and leaving 2 full bags(out of 6) he told me he wasn't very happy. I told him I wasn't happy with his planning......
Start at 9.00....didn't have a frame to go to until 9.30. Full bag of flats n parcels put in wrong frame,therefore given to me whilst i'm half bagged up. Not to mention numerous miss-sorts
Lets see how 2mo goes, or whether I get to see the managers office
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: New Starter Cutting Off
That is quality.I told him I wasn't happy with his planning......
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: New Starter Cutting Off
POSTMAN wrote:
That is quality.I told him I wasn't happy with his planning......
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
operator
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 17 Nov 2010, 21:54
- Gender: Male
Re: New Starter Cutting Off
if the walk is not thrown off ,keep cutting off till they do so, dont start early because this does not give a true reading of the walk ,tell the union if you get any hassles from the bosses
-
mma83
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 28 Oct 2010, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: B'Ham
Re: New Starter Cutting Off
another new walk today, no walk book, map that missed off half the side roads....went as fast as I could prepping to give myself more walk time, was bagging up by 10.30(start at 9.00) but still didn't get to leave until 11.20 as 'my' driver refused to talk me as she had to big a workload(can't blame her) so had exactly 3 1/2 hours for walk, the same as it should take. Still took back 1 and a bit bags back at 3.00.
Will not start early(Cannot due to nursery etc) but a lot of the exp posties were moaning today....not enough time to prep, can't do absorption as they prob wnt even fin their walk on time
If I(We) can't finish now, what chance have we got in the next few weeks!!!!?????
What do you mean by 'Thrown off'????
Will not start early(Cannot due to nursery etc) but a lot of the exp posties were moaning today....not enough time to prep, can't do absorption as they prob wnt even fin their walk on time
If I(We) can't finish now, what chance have we got in the next few weeks!!!!?????
What do you mean by 'Thrown off'????
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: New Starter Cutting Off
mma83 wrote:What do you mean by 'Thrown off'????
Old postie slang
It means the letters are prepped into the frame (ie; placed in the slots) ready to be bundled up.
Some call it throwing up which always brings a smile
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
mma83
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 28 Oct 2010, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: B'Ham
Re: New Starter Cutting Off
went out with 9 bags, got out at 1pm after wasting 1 hour arguing with dlm and some big boss. Had to get union involved
had over 50 parcels and also had the leftovers from yest 2 do(2 n half bags??) If I cut off yest, what chance have I got off finishing this with the added extra of yest 2 n half bags and all the parcels...not to mention having less than 2 hours to fin the walk.
How can my dlm be surprised when I phone up at 2.50 saying i'm finishing and have 4 and a bit bags left, did he really think I would do 9 bags in that time??? Asked him to put me on the walk I did last sat and finished early, I said if I do that and can finish before or around 3ish, then it isn't me, it is the walk and workload. If I have to cut that walk, then i'm just a slow,un-organised galah
How can my dlm be surprised when I phone up at 2.50 saying i'm finishing and have 4 and a bit bags left, did he really think I would do 9 bags in that time??? Asked him to put me on the walk I did last sat and finished early, I said if I do that and can finish before or around 3ish, then it isn't me, it is the walk and workload. If I have to cut that walk, then i'm just a slow,un-organised galah
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: New Starter Cutting Off
Welcome to Royal Mail - tell me, do you hate it yet?
How the hell did you only get out the door at 1pm? What is going on there?
How the hell did you only get out the door at 1pm? What is going on there?
-
mma83
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 28 Oct 2010, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: B'Ham
Re: New Starter Cutting Off
Mail not arriving at the frame quick enough, D2D's arrived yest and HAVE to be finished by sat, waiting upto 45 mins for a driver to take you out(refuse to use my car) and the added 45 mins today wasted involving dlm/big boss man and mr union man.
So they really don't like it when you say ur doing ur contracted hours
Yes, wouldn't recommend the job to my worst enemy
So they really don't like it when you say ur doing ur contracted hours
Yes, wouldn't recommend the job to my worst enemy
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: New Starter Cutting Off
CUT OFF THEN WHA TU SCARED OF U MIGHT LOSE THIS SHITTY JOB
YOUR NOT GOING TO STARVE TO DEATH WITH NO JOB ITS NOT EHTIOPIA STAND UP FOR YOURSELF DONT LET THEM WALK ALL OVER YOU LIKE YOUR THERE f***ing BITCH BECAUSE THAT IS EXZACTLY WHAT THEY ARE MAKING YOU OUT TO BE.
YOUR NOT GOING TO STARVE TO DEATH WITH NO JOB ITS NOT EHTIOPIA STAND UP FOR YOURSELF DONT LET THEM WALK ALL OVER YOU LIKE YOUR THERE f***ing BITCH BECAUSE THAT IS EXZACTLY WHAT THEY ARE MAKING YOU OUT TO BE.
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Sippin40oz
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 24 Oct 2010, 18:29
- Gender: Female
Re: New Starter Cutting Off
mma83 wrote:went out with 9 bags, got out at 1pm after wasting 1 hour arguing with dlm and some big boss. Had to get union involvedhad over 50 parcels and also had the leftovers from yest 2 do(2 n half bags??) If I cut off yest, what chance have I got off finishing this with the added extra of yest 2 n half bags and all the parcels...not to mention having less than 2 hours to fin the walk.
How can my dlm be surprised when I phone up at 2.50 saying i'm finishing and have 4 and a bit bags left, did he really think I would do 9 bags in that time??? Asked him to put me on the walk I did last sat and finished early, I said if I do that and can finish before or around 3ish, then it isn't me, it is the walk and workload. If I have to cut that walk, then i'm just a slow,un-organised galah
-
Brainache
- Posts: 394
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: New Starter Cutting Off
First office I worked in it was "Throwing Up" but then I went to where they "put it in", pathetic, this office they "Face Up" because they don`t know what their talking about. Personaly, I`m still throwing up after 33years.krussel wrote:mma83 wrote:What do you mean by 'Thrown off'????
Old postie slang![]()
It means the letters are prepped into the frame (ie; placed in the slots) ready to be bundled up.
Some call it throwing up which always brings a smile
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: New Starter Cutting Off
What was the point of this completely random and shouty post. Check the threadpost_bitch wrote:CUT OFF THEN WHA TU SCARED OF U MIGHT LOSE THIS SHITTY JOB
YOUR NOT GOING TO STARVE TO DEATH WITH NO JOB ITS NOT EHTIOPIA STAND UP FOR YOURSELF DONT LET THEM WALK ALL OVER YOU LIKE YOUR THERE f***ing BITCH BECAUSE THAT IS EXZACTLY WHAT THEY ARE MAKING YOU OUT TO BE.
CUT OFF THEN WHA TU SCARED OF U MIGHT LOSE THIS SHITTY JOB - The title may give you a clue - They do cut off.
STAND UP FOR YOURSELF DONT LET THEM WALK ALL OVER YOU LIKE - and he argued with the boss and with Union support for 45 minutes thats hardly being their bitch.
I know your knackered and stressed from working in RM (most of us are) but its best to at least make some sense.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mma83
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 28 Oct 2010, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: B'Ham
Re: New Starter Cutting Off
Think she was just living up to her name
Managed to get out early sat as some other dlm had prepped most my walk......only to find half way round my walk 2 separate flats had been completely mixed up, Ok, they both began with a 'J' but seriously. And the other dlm dropped my bags off, only to find some of my mail including someones C.V ripped and covered in mud. Took back to office with damaged in transit between office and bag drop. I wish my dlm was a big beefy ex boxer, as then I wouldn't be that tempted to take his head off
update 2mo on what the union rep and management come up with, to help us new guys have a chance on finishing at our 3pm fin time!! Or come xmas pressure, ill be bringing half my walk back at 3
Managed to get out early sat as some other dlm had prepped most my walk......only to find half way round my walk 2 separate flats had been completely mixed up, Ok, they both began with a 'J' but seriously. And the other dlm dropped my bags off, only to find some of my mail including someones C.V ripped and covered in mud. Took back to office with damaged in transit between office and bag drop. I wish my dlm was a big beefy ex boxer, as then I wouldn't be that tempted to take his head off
update 2mo on what the union rep and management come up with, to help us new guys have a chance on finishing at our 3pm fin time!! Or come xmas pressure, ill be bringing half my walk back at 3