This is the future,these babies could provide a massive "starburst" with each office split into platoons,i bagsie being in the A Team.DGP1 wrote:
I'm thinking of getting one of these, somewhere to prep too and have a pee and a break (not to mention somewhere to sleep because that's all we'll be doing).
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Using a car on delivery
-
bunkerland
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Using a car on delivery
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Using a car on delivery
I drive my car to work. This is what I do. I inform my DOM my driver has left without me (because i've had 30mins time to prep walksorted, flats, parcels, D2D's, redirections, kills off, bag up). We then load all my bags into the DOMs car. I get in my car, my DOM gets in his and follows me, I drop my car somewhere near my round, normally at a friends or my Mums house. I then get in the DOM's car, and we go to all the bag drops. I wish him a good day. Then I have a 5/10min walk back to my car at the end.belle smith wrote: But if you were being left miles away from were you left your car that morning and expected to make your own way back (as the origonator of the thread is and i was) would you not be tempted to use it?
Works perfect for me. My bank account agrees too.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Using a car on delivery
HTPostman wrote:I then get in the DOM's car, and we go to all the bag drops
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Using a car on delivery
Why do you go to all the bag drops? Do you get paid for this? Wouldn't it ne easier for him to drop you off at the start, so you can get on, then he can drop your bags off himself?
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Using a car on delivery
Or perhaps do a bag or two on his way back to the office
Crazy
Crazy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
plainpat
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 410
- Joined: 18 Jan 2010, 19:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: You can't get any further east in the UK without going for a swim in the North Sea
Re: Using a car on delivery
Yeah, but then he would have to get out of the car and, you know, actually have to lift up the bags and like, unlock the drop box and well, put the bags inside and......nah he couldn't cope with the pressureNewPostieUK wrote:Why do you go to all the bag drops? Do you get paid for this? Wouldn't it ne easier for him to drop you off at the start, so you can get on, then he can drop your bags off himself?
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Using a car on delivery
I get paid for every second. I don't work for free. He never knows where the bagdrops are (would you trust your manager to put 7/8 bags in the correct drops?) and besides, most of the time there is only 1 key for a bag drop so a driver/manager etc has to come with you.NewPostieUK wrote:Why do you go to all the bag drops? Do you get paid for this? Wouldn't it ne easier for him to drop you off at the start, so you can get on, then he can drop your bags off himself?
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
