With your length of service you wouldn't have gotten much, but you would have got somthing. as to how much sorry i don't know.realitybites wrote:I'm sure you are right belle, he must have forgotten to explain it to me.![]()
I am not sure if there would have been any entitlement though, would there?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What happens before Phase 2 Flexability
-
belle smith
- Posts: 1557
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Re: Discriminated against for being on 25 hour contract
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Discriminated against for being on 25 hour contract
Ah well, at least my liver will be glad it didn't get a hammeringbelle smith wrote:With your length of service you wouldn't have gotten much, but you would have got somthing. as to how much sorry i don't know.realitybites wrote:I'm sure you are right belle, he must have forgotten to explain it to me.![]()
I am not sure if there would have been any entitlement though, would there?
-
mandelsons_toenail
- Posts: 1294
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Outer Hebrides
Re: Discriminated against for being on 25 hour contract
Straight4ward wrote:What’s done, is done.
Best thing for you now is to wage a war of attrition.
Present yourself at your DO at your normal start time and ask them to arrange to transport you to the other office and arrange for you to be collected in sufficient time for you to return to your DO by the end of your shift. If they are late in returning you, then book overtime.
Hopefully, the hassle of arranging transport in each direction for you every day will prove not worth the effort and they will give up.
this
I used to get s**t on, often sent to other offices, despite being a 40 hour permanent member of staff
So I did the very thing above. Rolled into work at 6am, and asked where my lift was, then when I wasnt picked up I booked around 3 hours of overtime
The next time they tried it I went sick for a week ( I was ill,
Travelling to other offices other than your own is in duty time, if a dom or lino tell you otherwise they are pulling a quick one on you good luck buddy
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Discriminated against for being on 25 hour contract
mandelsons_toenail wrote:Straight4ward wrote:What’s done, is done.
Best thing for you now is to wage a war of attrition.
Present yourself at your DO at your normal start time and ask them to arrange to transport you to the other office and arrange for you to be collected in sufficient time for you to return to your DO by the end of your shift. If they are late in returning you, then book overtime.
Hopefully, the hassle of arranging transport in each direction for you every day will prove not worth the effort and they will give up.
this![]()
I used to get s**t on, often sent to other offices, despite being a 40 hour permanent member of staff
So I did the very thing above. Rolled into work at 6am, and asked where my lift was, then when I wasnt picked up I booked around 3 hours of overtime
The next time they tried it I went sick for a week ( I was ill,) and never got sent again
Travelling to other offices other than your own is in duty time, if a dom or lino tell you otherwise they are pulling a quick one on you good luck buddy
Thanks
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Discriminated against for being on 25 hour contract
mandelsons_toenail wrote:Straight4ward wrote:What’s done, is done.
Best thing for you now is to wage a war of attrition.
Present yourself at your DO at your normal start time and ask them to arrange to transport you to the other office and arrange for you to be collected in sufficient time for you to return to your DO by the end of your shift. If they are late in returning you, then book overtime.
Hopefully, the hassle of arranging transport in each direction for you every day will prove not worth the effort and they will give up.
this![]()
I used to get s**t on, often sent to other offices, despite being a 40 hour permanent member of staff
So I did the very thing above. Rolled into work at 6am, and asked where my lift was, then when I wasnt picked up I booked around 3 hours of overtime
The next time they tried it I went sick for a week ( I was ill,) and never got sent again
Travelling to other offices other than your own is in duty time, if a dom or lino tell you otherwise they are pulling a quick one on you good luck buddy
Would this still be fine if the office they are sending me is 2 minutes away from my home and my DO is 20 minutes away
-
belle smith
- Posts: 1557
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Re: Discriminated against for being on 25 hour contract
Other than the sickie, yes.realitybites wrote:Would this still be fine if the office they are sending me is 2 minutes away from my home and my DO is 20 minutes away
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: Discriminated against for being on 25 hour contract
realitybites wrote:mandelsons_toenail wrote:Straight4ward wrote:What’s done, is done.
Best thing for you now is to wage a war of attrition.
Present yourself at your DO at your normal start time and ask them to arrange to transport you to the other office and arrange for you to be collected in sufficient time for you to return to your DO by the end of your shift. If they are late in returning you, then book overtime.
Hopefully, the hassle of arranging transport in each direction for you every day will prove not worth the effort and they will give up.
this![]()
I used to get s**t on, often sent to other offices, despite being a 40 hour permanent member of staff
So I did the very thing above. Rolled into work at 6am, and asked where my lift was, then when I wasnt picked up I booked around 3 hours of overtime
The next time they tried it I went sick for a week ( I was ill,) and never got sent again
Travelling to other offices other than your own is in duty time, if a dom or lino tell you otherwise they are pulling a quick one on you good luck buddy
Would this still be fine if the office they are sending me is 2 minutes away from my home and my DO is 20 minutes away
it is not your problem it is their problem .... it will only piss them off even more
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Discriminated against for being on 25 hour contract
Resurrecting this thread for a bit of advice.
Should point out that we have not reached Phase 2 flexability yet in our office.
As I may have mentioned before, I am one of 3 floaters, the most senior of the three, and have been sent to a different office on a few occasions. Next week will be my fourth stint, those that i am senior to have not been told to go. One reserve i am senior to was given a walk for a year, when his walk was up as absorption, he was given another permanent walk before me.
I feel I am being discriminated against but no one else seems to share my view. Am I being too sensitive about this? If I'm not being overly sensitive, I will have to go over my reps head as he doesn't see it as a problem (suits his own agenda I feel).
Should point out that we have not reached Phase 2 flexability yet in our office.
As I may have mentioned before, I am one of 3 floaters, the most senior of the three, and have been sent to a different office on a few occasions. Next week will be my fourth stint, those that i am senior to have not been told to go. One reserve i am senior to was given a walk for a year, when his walk was up as absorption, he was given another permanent walk before me.
I feel I am being discriminated against but no one else seems to share my view. Am I being too sensitive about this? If I'm not being overly sensitive, I will have to go over my reps head as he doesn't see it as a problem (suits his own agenda I feel).
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Discriminated against for being on 25 hour contract
You are not being discriminated against rb...that is an entirely different thing and normally reserved for cases of race,gender,sexuality,social group etc....unless of course your case involves these parameters.realitybites wrote:Resurrecting this thread for a bit of advice.
Should point out that we have not reached Phase 2 flexability yet in our office.
As I may have mentioned before, I am one of 3 floaters, the most senior of the three, and have been sent to a different office on a few occasions. Next week will be my fourth stint, those that i am senior to have not been told to go. One reserve i am senior to was given a walk for a year, when his walk was up as absorption, he was given another permanent walk before me.
I feel I am being discriminated against but no one else seems to share my view. Am I being too sensitive about this? If I'm not being overly sensitive, I will have to go over my reps head as he doesn't see it as a problem (suits his own agenda I feel).
You are being treated unfairly pure and simply and only you can judge whether it's serious enough to raise a grievance.
Many people are treated unfairly in this company but everybody's threshold is different.
I would suggest by the tone of your post you've reached yours.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Discriminated against for being on 25 hour contract
Much like the title of the thread, I was brought down to 25 hours from 35 hours and my dom is obviously keeping the 35 hour people in the office, even though they rank below me in seniority, as it is less to prep. Also the fact that I have developed arthritis in my toes so am unable to absorb must contribute to it.fishtank wrote:You are not being discriminated against rb...that is an entirely different thing and normally reserved for cases of race,gender,sexuality,social group etc....unless of course your case involves these parameters.realitybites wrote:Resurrecting this thread for a bit of advice.
Should point out that we have not reached Phase 2 flexability yet in our office.
As I may have mentioned before, I am one of 3 floaters, the most senior of the three, and have been sent to a different office on a few occasions. Next week will be my fourth stint, those that i am senior to have not been told to go. One reserve i am senior to was given a walk for a year, when his walk was up as absorption, he was given another permanent walk before me.
I feel I am being discriminated against but no one else seems to share my view. Am I being too sensitive about this? If I'm not being overly sensitive, I will have to go over my reps head as he doesn't see it as a problem (suits his own agenda I feel).
You are being treated unfairly pure and simply and only you can judge whether it's serious enough to raise a grievance.
Many people are treated unfairly in this company but everybody's threshold is different.
I would suggest by the tone of your post you've reached yours.Don't let it make you ill.
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Discriminated against for being on 25 hour contract
Thinking about it, am I not being discriminated against because I am on a 25 hour contract through no fault of my own?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Discriminated against for being on 25 hour contract
What is it exactly that you want? If you have an ailment which comes under the DDA then use it, as far as I'm aware arthritis is such a complaint .....you know what the old saying is rb, god helps those who help themselves.realitybites wrote:Thinking about it, am I not being discriminated against because I am on a 25 hour contract through no fault of my own?
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Discriminated against for being on 25 hour contract
dvbuk55 wrote:realitybites wrote:Thinking about it, am I not being discriminated against because I am on a 25 hour contract through no fault of my own?
What is it exactly that you want? If you have arthritis, it is I am sure covered by DDA. You know the old saying rb, God helps those who help themselves.
It's not so much the arthritis (though I have had ATOS verify that it would affect my duty, for which my dom has made allowances by not subjecting me to absorption) but the fact that I feel regardless of ATOS he still treats me worse than everybody else. I could play the race card but am 99.9% that it isn't the case.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Discriminated against for being on 25 hour contract
Fishtank hit the nail on the head.realitybites wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:realitybites wrote:Thinking about it, am I not being discriminated against because I am on a 25 hour contract through no fault of my own?
What is it exactly that you want? If you have arthritis, it is I am sure covered by DDA. You know the old saying rb, God helps those who help themselves.
It's not so much the arthritis (though I have had ATOS verify that it would affect my duty, for which my dom has made allowances by not subjecting me to absorption) but the fact that I feel regardless of ATOS he still treats me worse than everybody else. I could play the race card but am 99.9% that it isn't the case.
You are not being discriminated against because you are a 25 hour contract as they can instruct you to do anything within reason during your working hours, taking into account any DDA or other formal consideration.
However, they may be treating you unfairly if you are always the one selected to work in another office, the only one to never get a long weekend, the only one ...... .
It may seem like semantics but if you want to address the situation by going down the B&H or grievance procedure it has more chance of succeeding if you use the correct terms in your evidence.
IE - My manager is discriminating against me because he only sends me to other offices - is incorrect and would be given short shrift. However - My grievance is because my manager treats me unfairly by only ever sending me to other office and no other reserves- is correct and would have a better chance of succeeding.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Discriminated against for being on 25 hour contract
As I understand it rb is the only one of the three reserves on a 25 hour contract, brought down from 35 hours, for what reason is not clear. Now if the office requiring another postman only needs a person on a 25 hour contract they are unlikely to accept paying someone on a 30 hour contract for a 25 hour vacancy.