Royal Mail: Leeds sorting offices 'disaster'
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... 6625829.jp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm the customer quoted in Chapel Allerton waiting for a camera. I'm not actually in Chapel Allerton, but close by. Didn't want to give the reporter my actual area as I didn't want to get my postman into trouble.
I don't understand, as the new system clearly isn't working, why they aren't going back to the old one that worked!
With Christmas coming up, why not use the old system until January and then perhaps start experimenting with new deliveries.
It's ridiculous how management, with no idea of the reality of how deliveries work, can sit in an office and decide the most efficient way to do deliveries! They obviously have no idea of the logistics involved.
I find in all businesses those 'higher up' have an assumed sense of better understanding, that they can advise those underneath them how better to do their job. From what I gather no one who's 'on the ground' was asked by the management if they thought the new system would work.
It sucks I haven't got my packages, but I feel most sorry for all the staff in the sorting offices, and postmen on their rounds who have to deal with managements f**k-ups