Stormproof wrote:I'm backtired and drugged up and missing a part of my meniscus. Glad to be home
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Paranoid
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Paranoid
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Paranoid
DGP1 wrote:Stormproof wrote:I'm backtired and drugged up and missing a part of my meniscus. Glad to be home
![]()
Should this not be for a more private conversation
You're a very naughty boy DGP.The menisci are cartilage tissue which act like shock absorbers in the knee joint. A meniscus can be torn, commonly after a forceful twisting injury to the knee. Symptoms include pain, swelling, and 'locking' of the knee. Some heal by themselves, but an operation to fix, trim or remove the torn meniscus may be advised.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Paranoid
I know, that's why I end up in the naughty room so muchfishtank wrote:DGP1 wrote:Stormproof wrote:I'm backtired and drugged up and missing a part of my meniscus. Glad to be home
![]()
Should this not be for a more private conversation
You're a very naughty boy DGP.The menisci are cartilage tissue which act like shock absorbers in the knee joint. A meniscus can be torn, commonly after a forceful twisting injury to the knee. Symptoms include pain, swelling, and 'locking' of the knee. Some heal by themselves, but an operation to fix, trim or remove the torn meniscus may be advised.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Paranoid
So how long will it take you to be back on your feet and doing back flips SP?
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Paranoid
Not sure how long it takes. I've got to see my GP in 2 weeks and back to see the consultant in 6 weeks. I'm signed off until the middle of December. No driving for 2 weeks, which is probably the worst bit. I can weight bear on my leg just can't walk on it very well at the moment. Still got the pain in my thigh which appeared when I injured my knee, just hoping thats to do with the operation yesterday and not an injury thats been missed.Aprilaydee wrote:So how long will it take you to be back on your feet and doing back flips SP?
As for backflips that never happened before, too knackered so guaranteed with the revision coming in its never gonna happen
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Paranoid
The thigh pain might just be soft tissue damage which is apparently worse than a break. Maybe with the rest and then you walking properly, it'll stop.
When I had my AOD, my physio said that when you're injured, you tend to find the most comfortable position to walk/sit/sleep etc but this can then cause strain on other parts. Perhaps with your knee being buggered, you've been making muscles in your thigh work a way they don't like?
When I had my AOD, my physio said that when you're injured, you tend to find the most comfortable position to walk/sit/sleep etc but this can then cause strain on other parts. Perhaps with your knee being buggered, you've been making muscles in your thigh work a way they don't like?
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Paranoid
The leg is feeling better, still got the thigh pain though. Felt really ill over the weekend must've been all the chemicals in my system. Took the bandage off yesterday, looks like its still bleeding on one side.


So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Paranoid
FFS SP, I'm having my dinner

I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Paranoid
Sorry Storm...i couldn't resist......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Paranoid
Brilliantfishtank wrote:Sorry Storm...i couldn't resist......
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Paranoid
Someones got a leather sofa
on a posties wage
do you think it's a management plant

I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: Paranoid
Oi! No! I can vouch for SP - she's sound as a pound, she is....and she ain't no management stool pigeon ( why'd you think she got stuck in the room of doom for so long? Not to mention her treatment, since she escaped ). So what if she has a leather sofa? Give the girl a break, life isn't a bed of roses for her.... she likes scooters, FFS! :runlikefuck.gifDGP1 wrote:Someones got a leather sofaon a posties wage
do you think it's a management plant
![]()
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Paranoid
They're not scooters, they're MOPEDS................and now off to my bunker for a whilesmokerjim wrote:Oi! No! I can vouch for SP - she's sound as a pound, she is....and she ain't no management stool pigeon ( why'd you think she got stuck in the room of doom for so long? Not to mention her treatment, since she escaped ). So what if she has a leather sofa? Give the girl a break, life isn't a bed of roses for her.... she likes scooters, FFS! :runlikefuck.gifDGP1 wrote:Someones got a leather sofaon a posties wage
do you think it's a management plant
![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Paranoid
Don't you have the permanent DFS 'sale' in Northern Ireland?DGP1 wrote:Someones got a leather sofaon a posties wage
do you think it's a management plant
![]()
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Paranoid
There's a permanent DFS sale EVERYWHERE! But it's going to end this weekend... 
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?