You'll have a van Belial so no need to upgrade.BELIAL wrote:Given the upcoming longer duty spans and increased call rate what with D2D in workload and growing packet traffic ,I'm having to consider uprating my transportation . Would folks recommend my purchase of either
A) A subaru forester
OR
B) a Renault Traffic
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Using a car on delivery
-
belle smith
- Posts: 1557
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Re: Using a car on delivery
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Using a car on delivery
Will I get a driving allowance in recognition of my increased skill set contribution and extra risk ?
Bye
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Using a car on delivery
It'll be interesting to see how many of these own vehicles are still being used come Xmas and beyond.
Royal Mail should be providing the means of transporting the mail and delivering it, not the individual worker. The problem is the worker with his own transport is benefiting big time in our office by being given all the extra bits that are left over and being generally treated as premier class compared to the non-driver or driver with no vehicle of his own available.
Royal Mail should be providing the means of transporting the mail and delivering it, not the individual worker. The problem is the worker with his own transport is benefiting big time in our office by being given all the extra bits that are left over and being generally treated as premier class compared to the non-driver or driver with no vehicle of his own available.
-
Lateagainpostie
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Using a car on delivery
I just wonder if all these people using their cars, would do it if they worked for a courier company ?
Unless you are self employed it is up to your employers to give you tehe tools to complete your delegated tasks...at least thats how it used to work.
Unless you are self employed it is up to your employers to give you tehe tools to complete your delegated tasks...at least thats how it used to work.
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
-
Turpin
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 18:33
Re: Using a car on delivery
What's the point

What do I need to use me car
Dont claim overtime do it for nothing
Come In Early as well for nothing I Expect
Can you cram in some lapsed hours for nothing aswell
But, ok 80% of my office do it aswell it will make my job easier
What's the bl###dy point days on end spent on the line fighting for jobs and you get planks that want the above get a grip " I'm a postman get me outta hereeeeeeeeeeeeee"
What do I need to use me car
Dont claim overtime do it for nothing
Come In Early as well for nothing I Expect
Can you cram in some lapsed hours for nothing aswell
But, ok 80% of my office do it aswell it will make my job easier
What's the bl###dy point days on end spent on the line fighting for jobs and you get planks that want the above get a grip " I'm a postman get me outta hereeeeeeeeeeeeee"
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Using a car on delivery
Why not go the whole hog?.....only £399

Ldv 200 Pilot Van Diesel Great Runner Ex Royal Mail. UP FOR SALE IS A LDV PILOT VAN ON A V REG PLATE GOOD ENGINE AND GEARBOX VERY CLEAN VAN NO RUST EX ROYAL MAIL SHUTTER REAR DOORS GOOD TYRES CD PLAYER POWER STEERING PLY LINED AND CARPETED ONLY 66,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK ALL LOCKS WORK SMALL DENT IN DRIVER WING LOGBOOK LOST (FULL RECEIPT WILL BE GIVEN) OVERALL GOOD CLEAN VAN GOOD FOR WORK OR EXPORT I WANT £399 ONO CALL FOR MORE DETAIL ON --
Ldv 200 Pilot Van Diesel Great Runner Ex Royal Mail. UP FOR SALE IS A LDV PILOT VAN ON A V REG PLATE GOOD ENGINE AND GEARBOX VERY CLEAN VAN NO RUST EX ROYAL MAIL SHUTTER REAR DOORS GOOD TYRES CD PLAYER POWER STEERING PLY LINED AND CARPETED ONLY 66,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK ALL LOCKS WORK SMALL DENT IN DRIVER WING LOGBOOK LOST (FULL RECEIPT WILL BE GIVEN) OVERALL GOOD CLEAN VAN GOOD FOR WORK OR EXPORT I WANT £399 ONO CALL FOR MORE DETAIL ON --
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Using a car on delivery
What's the number there FT???fishtank wrote:Why not go the whole hog?.....only £399![]()
Ldv 200 Pilot Van Diesel Great Runner Ex Royal Mail. UP FOR SALE IS A LDV PILOT VAN ON A V REG PLATE GOOD ENGINE AND GEARBOX VERY CLEAN VAN NO RUST EX ROYAL MAIL SHUTTER REAR DOORS GOOD TYRES CD PLAYER POWER STEERING PLY LINED AND CARPETED ONLY 66,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK ALL LOCKS WORK SMALL DENT IN DRIVER WING LOGBOOK LOST (FULL RECEIPT WILL BE GIVEN) OVERALL GOOD CLEAN VAN GOOD FOR WORK OR EXPORT I WANT £399 ONO CALL FOR MORE DETAIL ON --
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Using a car on delivery
GOOD ENGINE AND GEARBOX
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Using a car on delivery
Cracking ideafishtank wrote:Why not go the whole hog?.....only £399![]()
Ldv 200 Pilot Van Diesel Great Runner Ex Royal Mail. UP FOR SALE IS A LDV PILOT VAN ON A V REG PLATE GOOD ENGINE AND GEARBOX VERY CLEAN VAN NO RUST EX ROYAL MAIL SHUTTER REAR DOORS GOOD TYRES CD PLAYER POWER STEERING PLY LINED AND CARPETED ONLY 66,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK ALL LOCKS WORK SMALL DENT IN DRIVER WING LOGBOOK LOST (FULL RECEIPT WILL BE GIVEN) OVERALL GOOD CLEAN VAN GOOD FOR WORK OR EXPORT I WANT £399 ONO CALL FOR MORE DETAIL ON --
Bye
-
belle smith
- Posts: 1557
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Re: Using a car on delivery
Well either that or you could join the tories and campaign for some tax cuts.BELIAL wrote:Cracking ideaAre we all self employed now and does the van count as tax deductable?
How on earth am I going to afford that private pension and sick plan on these wages?Then there's the accountants fees,and The insurance. Still if I make an hour or two a day I can always moonlight as a banker
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Using a car on delivery
More good thinking, and when I can afford to put £60,000 a year into my private pension the social will give me £800 a week out of taxpayers money to top it up
. It is funny when you think about,Crozier and leighton getting paid millions and at the same time getting an £800 giro every week 
Bye
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Using a car on delivery
One of our guys did actually sell his car and buy a small van becuse he could not get all the mail in.fishtank wrote:Why not go the whole hog?.....only £399
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Using a car on delivery

I'm thinking of getting one of these, somewhere to prep too and have a pee and a break (not to mention somewhere to sleep because that's all we'll be doing).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Using a car on delivery
That's genius DGP...a mobile D.O...you could park up overnight at the M/C and get your sequenced while it's still hot,sort it on the way to your first delivery point and robert's your mothers brother...job done.DGP1 wrote:
I'm thinking of getting one of these, somewhere to prep too and have a pee and a break (not to mention somewhere to sleep because that's all we'll be doing).
Where's that suggestion box...there must be money in this.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share