ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lapsing swap
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Lapsing swap
In my office we lapse every single day.
If you don't have time, you claim overtime. If you don't want the overtime. . . I haven't' a clue, no ones tested that yet.
If you don't have time, you claim overtime. If you don't want the overtime. . . I haven't' a clue, no ones tested that yet.
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing swap
If you don't have time, you claim overtime?NewPostieUK wrote:In my office we lapse every single day.
If you don't have time, you claim overtime. If you don't want the overtime. . . I haven't' a clue, no ones tested that yet.
Your office must all be DOM's bitches. You're contracted for x hours, no-one can be forced to take overtime (which it sounds like, to me at least, is happening at your office - I can't believe for one moment that everyone is happy to work over their time and then claim - it's bullsh*t).
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: Lapsing swap
Sadly not, 6 day week with saturday as COMPULSORY sa dayBernardson wrote:![]()
I thought we were all on a five day week!
Lapsing is done mon - fri at least one round but 2 if people are on annual leave/sick.
The missort run has been cancelled for quite a long time now.
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing swap
I thought I was going mad when I first read this. Work your day for free? Like f@@k would I.michael7569 wrote:Our office we lapse 1 duty all the time everyday between 8 of us,the list is put up on monday we all do it twice a week apart from them who work their day off for free so they dont have to lapse for 3 weeks is this not how every office works.If there is someone on sick we lapse 4 times a week,before our own duty.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Lapsing swap
[quote="taurus88"
If you don't have time, you claim overtime?[/quote]
Yup.
I'd love it if the manager came up to me and said look, get back to the office when you've done your 5 hours, bring back anything undelivered, but that would just make me lazy, and penniless.
If you don't have time, you claim overtime?[/quote]
Yup.
Yup, mostly.taurus88 wrote:[
Your office must all be DOM's bitches.
Not sure. As far as I know, no one has lapsed then cut off. People complain, but claim the ovetime. Personally, I feel slightly pressurised into completing. I like to complain but the bottom line is, I'm on a 25 hr contract, with a mortgage, two hungry kids, two thirsty cars, a thirsty wife and earn a pittance. Until I find a proper job, I need all the hours I can get, even though it hurts to think that I'm working loads of overtime and not getting time and a half.taurus88 wrote: no-one can be forced to take overtime (which it sounds like, to me at least, is happening at your office - I can't believe for one moment that everyone is happy to work over their time and then claim - it's bullsh*t).
I'd love it if the manager came up to me and said look, get back to the office when you've done your 5 hours, bring back anything undelivered, but that would just make me lazy, and penniless.
-
Bernardson
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22
Re: Lapsing swap
da'bunny wrote:Sadly not, 6 day week with saturday as COMPULSORY sa dayBernardson wrote:![]()
I thought we were all on a five day week!at my office.
Lapsing is done mon - fri at least one round but 2 if people are on annual leave/sick.
The missort run has been cancelled for quite a long time now.
SA's are signed for annualy you or the managment have to give four weeks notice if either party want to cease the contract.
It seems like you could have a nice Monday to Friday turn!
Last edited by Bernardson on 09 Nov 2010, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: Lapsing swap
We NEVER sign for the sa annualy, must of signed for it when i first joined but have never signed anything since. I HATE working Saturdays with a passion
Don't think i'd be allowed to stay if i said i only want to work mon-fri, ive asked about it on numerous occasions to no avail 
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
Bernardson
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22
Re: Lapsing swap
Just put in writing to your line manager that you wish to cease you SA and within the terms of the SA agreement you give four weeks notice of that ceasation.. Then see what happens!da'bunny wrote:We NEVER sign for the sa annualy, must of signed for it when i first joined but have never signed anything since. I HATE working Saturdays with a passionDon't think i'd be allowed to stay if i said i only want to work mon-fri, ive asked about it on numerous occasions to no avail
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: Lapsing swap
Keep meaning to ask my union rep about the above. Possibly a silly question but is the SA agreement a local one or the same for all offices? and if so has anyone got a copy they can put on here?
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing swap
I have only lapsed once in 3 weeks, we are supposed to do it every day, but its getting too much now and I find it hard to motivate myself anymore to even cut the slightest corner to make a bit of time, as a consequence I am now cutting off most days. Don't bust a gut to help them out, you can cut off any day you want to just by doing it properly, if they mugged me up the way they did to you then i'd have made sure they got a nice present back at 14:15
-
Bernardson
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22
Re: Lapsing swap
Like all agreements they are normaly tailored to local working practice but the overiding principles ie 12 month contract 4 weeks notice of ceasation should be adhered too.da'bunny wrote:Keep meaning to ask my union rep about the above. Possibly a silly question but is the SA agreement a local one or the same for all offices? and if so has anyone got a copy they can put on here?
-
glenner10
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 12 Nov 2010, 13:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing swap
Lapsing is only done during the summer months in our office to allow more people time off. I can't believe all this lapsing is still happening!!
-
lazyjack
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 12 Apr 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
-
lazyjack
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 12 Apr 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Lapsing swap
glenner10 wrote:Lapsing is only done during the summer months in our office to allow more people time off. I can't believe all this lapsing is still happening!!
Management will keep doing it as long as they're getting away with it
THOSE RESPONSIBLE SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing swap
Management will keep doing it as long as you (The office) show it is doable.
Do the job properly,yadda yadda yadda...
Do the job properly,yadda yadda yadda...
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.