ihatedogs wrote:I deliver to a block of student flats, they have an office/reception which manages the building. Since it was first built they have insisted that the postman does not deliver D2D`s to the letterboxes but leaves them with reception. They in turn leave a pile on the reception desk for students who wish to take one.This has never been officially endorsed by RM, but just agreed with whichever postie was on the walk.
So does this constitute wilful (and potentially cost you your job) or is it an acceptable practise?
Not acceptable, deliver them to each DP and if they want them stopped then they can ask for an opt out.
Is there an official opt out form and would I get it from my DOM? or does the customer have to request it from his local P.O./customer services
Why do you want (less work for the company) an opt out form for.
More (work)the merrier surely.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
ihatedogs wrote:I deliver to a block of student flats, they have an office/reception which manages the building. Since it was first built they have insisted that the postman does not deliver D2D`s to the letterboxes but leaves them with reception. They in turn leave a pile on the reception desk for students who wish to take one.This has never been officially endorsed by RM, but just agreed with whichever postie was on the walk.
So does this constitute wilful (and potentially cost you your job) or is it an acceptable practise?
Not acceptable, deliver them to each DP and if they want them stopped then they can ask for an opt out.
Is there an official opt out form and would I get it from my DOM? or does the customer have to request it from his local P.O./customer services
Why do you want (less work for the company) an opt out form for.
More (work)the merrier surely.
To be honest, i`m uncomfortable with the idea of not delivering these as we should. Plus, despite what they say, I`ve yet to see any leaflets on the desk and I suspect they are putting them straight in the bin.
Although this seems to have been standard practise I don`t want to find myself having to explain to my DOM why nobody gets any leaflets.
I even convinced a customer last week not to opt out of D2D. I said he was more than welcome to do so but because less than 1% of people opt out he wouldn't really be saving the planet. Unless he had a problem with them (i.e. mail getting mixed up etc) it was easier for me to just deliver to all addresses rather than sort out who wanted them and who didn't.
He seemed quite happy with this and said it was no trouble to just put them in the bin once per week.
ihatedogs wrote:I deliver to a block of student flats, they have an office/reception which manages the building. Since it was first built they have insisted that the postman does not deliver D2D`s to the letterboxes but leaves them with reception. They in turn leave a pile on the reception desk for students who wish to take one.This has never been officially endorsed by RM, but just agreed with whichever postie was on the walk.
So does this constitute wilful (and potentially cost you your job) or is it an acceptable practise?
Not acceptable, deliver them to each DP and if they want them stopped then they can ask for an opt out.
Is there an official opt out form and would I get it from my DOM? or does the customer have to request it from his local P.O./customer services
Each person has to apply for an opt out and they need to e-mail RM or write to them (the details are on the RM website, just search for D2D opt out).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
You get paid for delivering them so whats the issue? you've got to go to most properties anyhows. My only beef is when you get moved round the office say, your put on a round on thursday and no-one thrown or delivered a D2D all week... manager says "Do the D2D's upto friday..." whats the deal then
ziko wrote:You get paid for delivering them so whats the issue? you've got to go to most properties anyhows. My only beef is when you get moved round the office say, your put on a round on thursday and no-one thrown or delivered a D2D all week... manager says "Do the D2D's upto friday..." whats the deal then
work to your time or claim docket.
1. If they refuse docket - cut off.
2. If they won't accept cut off then bung in a grievance or B&H claim.
But whatever you do make sure you have witnesses.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
D2D are marked and local councils are to report any large amount of leaflets found in bins etc
They have a list of Royal mails leaflets to be distributed so they can get in touch with royal mail straight away to try ti find out who done the dump.
post_bitch wrote:D2D are marked and local councils are to report any large amount of leaflets found in bins etc
They have a list of Royal mails leaflets to be distributed so they can get in touch with royal mail straight away to try ti find out who done the dump.
And I thought I was paranoid
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Why would anyone risk losing their job over something so trivial?
I hate doing British Medical Journals every Friday, but I wouldn't start throwing them in the bin.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
post_bitch wrote:D2D are marked and local councils are to report any large amount of leaflets found in bins etc
They have a list of Royal mails leaflets to be distributed so they can get in touch with royal mail straight away to try ti find out who done the dump.
And I thought I was paranoid
Sometime ago,about 10 years ago now,while on sorting a A4 sized packet broke open and inside was a list of all the d2ds that should have been delivered to that address.The forms were there in black and white for the household to mark down on what day and what the d2ds were over a month period.So if they still do something similar now....who knows.
sidewinder wrote:
Sometime ago,about 10 years ago now,while on sorting a A4 sized packet broke open and inside was a list of all the d2ds that should have been delivered to that address.The forms were there in black and white for the household to mark down on what day and what the d2ds were over a month period.So if they still do something similar now....who knows.
I don't honestly know if they test quality of service with un-addressed mail but if they do it will be TNS Research International who do it....they test all of the other mail streams.
Last edited by fishtank on 04 Nov 2010, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
post_bitch wrote:D2D are marked and local councils are to report any large amount of leaflets found in bins etc
They have a list of Royal mails leaflets to be distributed so they can get in touch with royal mail straight away to try ti find out who done the dump.
Wondered where my Council Tax went if some bod is paid at the council to help Royal Mail police its D2Ds
If the address your delivering to has a sign saying no Junk Mail do you still post the D2D's? I used to but don't any more as sick of customers calling me back to their property to question my reading ability and to hand me back the Junk Mail. Telling them they have to opt out of D2D's doesn't tend to help the situation.
apm5 wrote:If the address your delivering to has a sign saying no Junk Mail do you still post the D2D's? I used to but don't any more as sick of customers calling me back to their property to question my reading ability and to hand me back the Junk Mail. Telling them they have to opt out of D2D's doesn't tend to help the situation.
No you're right it doesn't but that's not your problem...keep delivering it and develop a hearing problem.