ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

problem with a dog

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: problem with a dog

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Dorset Plodder wrote:If any customer tells me, "He's a lovely dog he won't bite you!" I always say, "I love dogs-especially curried!" :whistle
They normally pick their Mutt up and disappear. No sense of Humour some people. :Very Happy
Tastes like Chicken but more gristle. :Sick :Sick
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
ripio
Posts: 233
Joined: 06 Sep 2008, 23:32
Gender: Male

Re: problem with a dog

Post by ripio »

"Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 (DDA)

Section 3 creates a criminal offence of allowing any dog (i.e. of any breed or type) to be
dangerously out of control in a public place or a place to where it is not allowed. A dog can be
regarded as being dangerously out of control on any occasion where it causes fear or
apprehension to a person that it may injure them.
Furthermore, if that dog does injure a person
then the offence is aggravated. Legal action may be taken against the owner and/or the person in
charge of the dog at the time.
This section should only be used in the most serious incidents investigated by enforcers, and
generally it would be the police that would instigate proceedings under this section, however local
authorities are able to act under this legislation also."
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: problem with a dog

Post by Lounge Lizard »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:I've a problem with a Jack Russell on one of the farm. :sad: As soon as I open the van door it jumps in and it can be quite an effort getting it out. :sad: Any advice, anyone ? :Very Happy
Attach a hosepipe to the exhaust and run it into the van through a very narrow gap.
Leave the engine running and take your full meal relief.
A splendid idea. :nana I shall just have to remember to take my meal relief OUTSIDE the van. :nana :nana