ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Cat shoes probable cause of foot problems

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
estelle
Posts: 194
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 10:31
Gender: Male

Re: Cat shoes probable cause of foot problems

Post by estelle »

cat shoes = rubbish

they really don't have the inbuilt support required for most duties. Then again, try going up 90 odd tenements every day - which footwear that RM provides, can actually cope with that level of wear I wonder? CAT boots far too solid, doc shoes don't break in quick enough, magnums you risk breaking your neck on days when the stairs are wet, not to mention the fact the sole wears down quicker than a quick thing.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Cat shoes probable cause of foot problems

Post by Caniel »

Never had any problems with the Cat trainers other than the fact that they wear out far to quickly. I like how after 4 months I go to order a new pair and some desk jockey on the other end of the phone says I can't have a new pair because they are supposed to last a year... I'm sure they do if you sit behind a desk all day being a cock on the telephone.
Mr T
Posts: 15
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 17:04
Gender: Male

Re: Cat shoes probable cause of foot problems

Post by Mr T »

I've never had a problem with my CATS most comfortable footwear we have by a mile

Even did the yorkshire 3 peaks challenge in mine 26 miles, 3 mountains in 9 hours and not a single blister for me
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: Cat shoes probable cause of foot problems

Post by RedBagMan »

Mr T wrote:Even did the yorkshire 3 peaks challenge in mine 26 miles, 3 mountains in 9 hours and not a single blister for me
Didn't go in early did you :no no
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
PostieWithTheMostie!
Posts: 322
Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 18:46
Gender: Male

Re: Cat shoes probable cause of foot problems

Post by PostieWithTheMostie! »

Do as i did and go to your GP and get a note saying you can't wear RM shoes due to problems they have caused and get yourself a pair of Merrell Concept Walking shoes cross trainers, they have an Air cushion insole and they're the business, had mine a year and no more problems, plus RM will give you £30 towards a pair of footwear.
PostieWithTheMostie!
Posts: 322
Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 18:46
Gender: Male

Re: Cat shoes probable cause of foot problems

Post by PostieWithTheMostie! »

Caniel wrote:Never had any problems with the Cat trainers other than the fact that they wear out far to quickly. I like how after 4 months I go to order a new pair and some desk jockey on the other end of the phone says I can't have a new pair because they are supposed to last a year... I'm sure they do if you sit behind a desk all day being a cock on the telephone.
:Applause
Need to remember that line when i order future uniform... :chuckle
Eric Cantona
Posts: 365
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
Gender: Male

Re: Cat shoes probable cause of foot problems

Post by Eric Cantona »

mclovin wrote:Never wore RM shoes and I never will.
Silly boy for two reasons. you are obviously buying your own shoes/boots from somewhere. If you fall and have a accident I.e. break your ankle you have just said goodbye to 10 grand. you will not be covered in any way..
mandelsons_toenail
Posts: 1294
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
Gender: Male
Location: Outer Hebrides

Re: Cat shoes probable cause of foot problems

Post by mandelsons_toenail »

PostieWithTheMostie! wrote: Do as i did and go to your GP and get a note saying you can't wear RM shoes due to problems they have caused and get yourself a pair of Merrell Concept Walking shoes cross trainers, they have an Air cushion insole and they're the business, had mine a year and no more problems, plus RM will give you £30 towards a pair of footwear.

£30??

really?
estelle
Posts: 194
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 10:31
Gender: Male

Re: Cat shoes probable cause of foot problems

Post by estelle »

aye, they give you £30.00 but what they don't tell you is you have to buy footwear which conforms to BS standard something or other, like the footwear they issue - this means, trainers aren't really what they want you to get, more like proper set you back in excess of £100 safety shoes
realitybites
Posts: 435
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
Gender: Male

Re: Cat shoes probable cause of foot problems

Post by realitybites »

I, personally have a high arch and the cats offer no support for this, I think they are more for people with low arches.Plus they are, I think, an extra wide fitting which doesn't help matters. I experienced no problems in the beginning then the probs started to slowly creep in.
mandelsons_toenail
Posts: 1294
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
Gender: Male
Location: Outer Hebrides

Re: Cat shoes probable cause of foot problems

Post by mandelsons_toenail »

odd this

ive been wearing these cat shoes/boots for just over a year

Last Nov I went off sick with horrendous knee pain. Had an op in april of this year.

Been wearing cats since and the past few weeks ive been suffering pain in my other knee plus back pains,

im only 31.

Surely only a coincidence right?

:whistle

Ill be trying trainers I think of my own choice :Very Happy
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Re: Cat shoes probable cause of foot problems

Post by DiamondSmiles »

Stormproof wrote:I had the CAT trainers, they were ok for a few weeks until they started wearing out. The soles/insoles must of been really thin as I could feel every stone I trod on. I must've stood on something one day and the top of my foot started really hurting. After a couple of weeks I went to see the nurse at the GP surgery who thought it may of been arthritis in my big toe joint, told me to take Ibuprofen. Instead I decided to get a new pair of trainers(Asics) for work, black with a bit of yellow on them so the thick lineos did'nt notice :Very Happy Since then I've had no pain at all in my foot so YES I think the CAT shoes are causing a lot of foot problems.
I'm exactly the same as you Stormproof, started getting pain between my big toe and first toe, all down to the fact when i trod on a stone the pain came right through the wafer thin sole. They are utter crap, but then what do you expect from Royal Mail.
lewesspudgun
Posts: 76
Joined: 24 May 2010, 21:10
Gender: Male

Re: Cat shoes probable cause of foot problems

Post by lewesspudgun »

My self and three others in my office have the same problem. Aching balls of our feet. Stopped wearing them pain went.
PostieWithTheMostie!
Posts: 322
Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 18:46
Gender: Male

Re: Cat shoes probable cause of foot problems

Post by PostieWithTheMostie! »

A pair of Merrell Concept is what your chasing, i too had knee pains but the Concept shoe cross trainer( just as comfy as a pair of Nikes or Adidas ) has air cushion insoles as i've previously stated, has reduced most of the pain i once suffered, knee only bothers me once in a while now. Also if you have a medical note from your GP surely you will still be insured if you fall whilst out on delivery, no shoe is slip proof - lets say on ice or damp stairs as example's.. Any REPS able to share some light on the matter about wearing non RM footwear and having an accident?
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Cat shoes probable cause of foot problems

Post by OnAFlyer »

The Cat shoes are the most comfortable RM shoes i've ever had, shame they only last 6 months or so though. The Magnums are comfy but death traps as the soles are slippery, and the Cat boots are ok for snow but too heavy for everyday wear.

And the soles on the cat shoes aren't wafer thin - though they might feel it to the 'larger' postie :chuckle