ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Two in one week.
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: Two in one week.
Bin there done that! 
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Two in one week.
I stopped all informal arrangements following a WTL session our section had...
Designated neighbours have to be just that, named in a letter sent to the depot.
Safeplaces have to be specified in a letter sent to the depot.
Its amazing that after telling all my regulars for old informal arrangements about my new instruction, not one of them has written in, almost three months later. Strangely enough, I now bring back more packets that I used to on a typical day, even before Xmas silly season starts...
What I still don't know and would love to be clarified on here is whether neighbours can be designated by formal letter to sign for "recorded sign fors" and/or "special deliveries?"
Designated neighbours have to be just that, named in a letter sent to the depot.
Safeplaces have to be specified in a letter sent to the depot.
Its amazing that after telling all my regulars for old informal arrangements about my new instruction, not one of them has written in, almost three months later. Strangely enough, I now bring back more packets that I used to on a typical day, even before Xmas silly season starts...
What I still don't know and would love to be clarified on here is whether neighbours can be designated by formal letter to sign for "recorded sign fors" and/or "special deliveries?"
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: Two in one week.
The original question/thread was to do with the difference between 2 Posties, whether one would be sacked over the other, mine was the simple answerfishtank wrote:taurus88 wrote:Sack them both.Solidarity forever....REDLETTER wrote:Sack both of them!![]()
![]()
You guys
![]()
Next time I'll put: Let them both off, It's OK to leave things in rubbish bins
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Two in one week.
IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:I stopped all informal arrangements following a WTL session our section had...
Designated neighbours have to be just that, named in a letter sent to the depot.
Safeplaces have to be specified in a letter sent to the depot.
Its amazing that after telling all my regulars for old informal arrangements about my new instruction, not one of them has written in, almost three months later. Strangely enough, I now bring back more packets that I used to on a typical day, even before Xmas silly season starts...
What I still don't know and would love to be clarified on here is whether neighbours can be designated by formal letter to sign for "recorded sign fors" and/or "special deliveries?"
i would say not for specials
our office has no arrangements for folks to write in regarding arrangements
its safeplace or nothing
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Two in one week.
'Intelligent' doorstepping is extremely commonplace for ordinary parcels/packets. Rules are rules, but people are people. The queueing at post offices and delivery offices in particular mean that most customers are over the moon to have the service, but you have to know your customer and I would recommend avoiding it if you are on a strange round.
Wheelie bins =
Wheelie bins =