ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

FORMER POSTIE FOLLOWS FRIEND INTO DRAIN DOCTORING

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

FORMER POSTIE FOLLOWS FRIEND INTO DRAIN DOCTORING

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.smye-holland.com/SmyeHolland ... lease=2880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Former postal worker Gavin Dimmock (28) – no relation to celebrity gardener Charlie – has started his own plumbing and drainage business by taking on the Crawley and Gatwick franchise of Drain Doctor Plumbing and Drainage (http://www.draindoctor.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Gavin took on the franchise on the recommendation of his friend Aaron Clark. Aaron and his sister Natalie O’Brien run the neighbouring London South West franchise of Drain Doctor.

Gavin decided to explore a career in plumbing and drainage because working as a postman and manager for the Royal Mail was not something he wanted to pursue. He said: “I could see the lack of ambition in the people around me and decided that I didn’t want to be there doing the same old thing every day when I was 40.

“I had been at the Royal Mail for five years when I decided it was time for a change.”

Gavin left the Royal Mail and got a job with a loft company. “I worked for a loft company for a couple of years doing plumbing installations,” he said.

“Then I joined a large plumbing and drainage company but quickly realised I wasn’t going to get the kind of independence I was looking for. I wanted to start my own business. I had been looking around for a year when my friend Aaron told me about Drain Doctor. I met franchise sales director Jan Mitman and the rest is history.”

Gavin was impressed by the company’s honesty and fixed price menu. He said: “The business is not about sitting in the office waiting for the phone to ring. It is important to market properly. By working hard – and by following the Drain Doctor system that is there to help – success will follow, but it doesn’t happen overnight.

“Some franchise companies promise the earth and suggest that they will do everything for a new franchisee and then don’t deliver.

“It was a relief that Drain Doctor didn’t give me a lot of false promises. From the start they said that a lot of what is required to succeed is down to me. But they offer great support and I am not on my own.

“Drain Doctor has a proven system. It offers a recession-proof opportunity where I can be an independent operator running my own business but with all the back-up that comes with being part of a large national organisation. I aim to give businesses and householders in Crawley and Gatwick the ‘dazzling’ level of service in plumbing and drainage which Drain Doctor provides across the rest of the country.

“Our customers get fixed-price, no obligation quotes, a complete guarantee on all our work, and a full 24 hour per day seven day per week service with no call out charges – so people pay the same price for work at any time of day or night. What’s more, we turn up at the agreed time!”

Gavin, who will be helped initially by his partner and committed nurse Keeley Head, will start with one van. He recognises that his franchise area is too big for a one man band though and plans to expand, adding more vans and technicians to his business as soon as possible.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: FORMER POSTIE FOLLOWS FRIEND INTO DRAIN DOCTORING

Post by Stormproof »

He's gone from one pile of s**t to another :left: (i'll get my coat)
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
Dogs of War
Posts: 474
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 21:00
Gender: Female

Re: FORMER POSTIE FOLLOWS FRIEND INTO DRAIN DOCTORING

Post by Dogs of War »

Brilliant StormProof :Very Happy :left: :Very Happy
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: FORMER POSTIE FOLLOWS FRIEND INTO DRAIN DOCTORING

Post by Wessex »

Laughed like a sewer :Very Happy
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: FORMER POSTIE FOLLOWS FRIEND INTO DRAIN DOCTORING

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Gavin added that he thought Royal Mail was going down the drain.
Gavind
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Jun 2013, 22:20
Gender: Male

Re: FORMER POSTIE FOLLOWS FRIEND INTO DRAIN DOCTORING

Post by Gavind »

I'm Gavin the former postie just found the few comment quite funny