How can you be led, when you do the leadingAprilaydee wrote:And I'm just easily led...DGP1 wrote:TBH that's what I'm for, the real reason for the naughty roomsmokerjim wrote:Nah, that's what I'm here for - I go off topic, so you don't have to!POSTMAN wrote:![]()
Was funny though,but can't be seen to be going off topic.![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What type of customers annoy you most
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Might be a new one (I ain't checking thru 18 pages !!!) ...
People who can't be *rsed to fix their leaking gutters meaning a "curtain of rain" as you approach the letter box - and usually the houses where no-one is in and you have to fill in a P739 ....
People who can't be *rsed to fix their leaking gutters meaning a "curtain of rain" as you approach the letter box - and usually the houses where no-one is in and you have to fill in a P739 ....
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
bandit650
- Posts: 880
- Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 15:42
- Gender: Female
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Bad day????bandit650 wrote:Breath!
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
bandit650
- Posts: 880
- Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 15:42
- Gender: Female
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
You got it,it's been long,some times you just wish you had not bothered.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
I feel like that everyday when my feet and knees hurt but worse when you have to listen to managers BS on about something that they completely ignore.bandit650 wrote:You got it,it's been long,some times you just wish you had not bothered.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Bizarre one that happened yesterday to me. Going back to office, bloke asks me how long does he have to wait for a taxi( London black cab variety ) in the high street. One very blank look from me resulted in I suppose that's why your in a scroat job, your clueless! Lol. Made my day.
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Customer "Eric ya put a letter in mine yesterday it was for Chestnut drive"
Eric "I wasn't in yesterday Mrs Green"
Customer "well I was just saying to Mabel before its not like you to that, I knew it wasn't you"
Eric (Under his breath) "Why the F**K are you mentioning it then"
Eric "I wasn't in yesterday Mrs Green"
Customer "well I was just saying to Mabel before its not like you to that, I knew it wasn't you"
Eric (Under his breath) "Why the F**K are you mentioning it then"
-
Carp
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 19 Aug 2011, 22:00
- Gender: Male
What type of customers annoy you most
I've a list of a few,but i'll post in one of a time,as maybe you fellow posties share the same view regarding worst customers.
Got to be,the one of the top ones has to be the benefit spongers that gives you an earfull if there Giro is late or worse still not arrived that very day.Although i'm not taging them all with the same brush.Still,you can easily tell the junkies,winos' i'll never go too work attitude kind of people etc......
Yet we posties help pay our taxes for half of these scumbags,yet,they give you the cheek as well
Got to be,the one of the top ones has to be the benefit spongers that gives you an earfull if there Giro is late or worse still not arrived that very day.Although i'm not taging them all with the same brush.Still,you can easily tell the junkies,winos' i'll never go too work attitude kind of people etc......
Yet we posties help pay our taxes for half of these scumbags,yet,they give you the cheek as well
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Those that have a hanging plant basket either side of their two inch letterbox.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Topics merged.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Carp
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 19 Aug 2011, 22:00
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
A business firm that does a call and collect on my walk.I knock my pan in too try and have it prepped up for him too collect every day.Once done i hand it all into the PHG window which is behind me.
Found it by another guy that the PHG was handed £30 xmas tip for the services.I therefore challenged the PHG wheres my share,and was bluntly told that they all spent it on coffee,suger,cakes etc... for there office,and the business firm will give me my tip when he sees me.
Aye,right am sure i'm going to ring the business door bell and ask wheres mine

Found it by another guy that the PHG was handed £30 xmas tip for the services.I therefore challenged the PHG wheres my share,and was bluntly told that they all spent it on coffee,suger,cakes etc... for there office,and the business firm will give me my tip when he sees me.
Aye,right am sure i'm going to ring the business door bell and ask wheres mine
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
There is one house on my duty that I always seem to manage to headbutt the hanging basket. Its not got any flowers in it just dirt and dead foliage, I think its been that way for a while because it certainly did'nt have any flowers in for the past few months. I just feel like pulling the poxy thing down and posting it through their letterbox.NewPostieUK wrote:Those that have a hanging plant basket either side of their two inch letterbox.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
leeroy5312
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 11 Feb 2010, 13:03
- Gender: Male
Re:
iv only done 5 walks so far and iv had that one so many times. like in my previous life working in a restaurant you got the same two gems, when asking if there is anywhere you would like to sit? "on a chair, would be nice" and the brilliant "are the beers free refills too?"Lounge Lizard wrote:Dozens of them when handed mail say "I hope it's not more bills" or "If they're bills you can keep them" and think it's really funny as if noone has ever said that to a postman before.
-
Midnight+13
- Posts: 118
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
All of them! Lol. 