ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I have it on good authority:North East
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: I have it on good authority:North East
Nope ,it was in the Sunday Times . Is dispatches worth a view then?
Bye
-
belle smith
- Posts: 1557
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Re: I have it on good authority:North East
Yep, you might want to add Phillip Hammond to your list.BELIAL wrote:Nope ,it was in the Sunday Times . Is dispatches worth a view then?
The international development secretary as well. (can't remmember his name)
pity we didn't get Anthony Barnet when they were looking at RM.
ps. your were talking about tax aviodance, yeah?
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: I have it on good authority:North East
Im in the NE and my office is no closer to a revision as it was 12 months ago, not a singe thing has been done.
I know the offices that are "Going Live" next week and I have told a manager tagged to that office that it wont work and there are horror stories up and down the country.
All I got was "Its going well in Durham".
Its got shambles written all over it.
I know the offices that are "Going Live" next week and I have told a manager tagged to that office that it wont work and there are horror stories up and down the country.
All I got was "Its going well in Durham".
Its got shambles written all over it.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: I have it on good authority:North East
mclovin wrote:Im in the NE and my office is no closer to a revision as it was 12 months ago, not a singe thing has been done.
I know the offices that are "Going Live" next week and I have told a manager tagged to that office that it wont work and there are horror stories up and down the country.
All I got was "Its going well in Durham".
Its got shambles written all over it.
In truth after this time we have adapted it and improved it and it does work - whether it is better or not is debatable.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: I have it on good authority:North East
What happened to the ones that went live this week?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16740
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: I have it on good authority:North East
It's only 7pm. They're probably not back yet.POSTMAN wrote:What happened to the ones that went live this week?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: I have it on good authority:North East
clashcityrocker wrote:It's only 7pm. They're probably not back yet.POSTMAN wrote:What happened to the ones that went live this week?
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
theboropostie
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: I have it on good authority:North East
Our revision apparently has gone better than some. BUT some were out till six yesterday! Main problem seems to be getting out on time and some of the jobs could be done on time but not using the trolley. Until they get the indoor bit sorted it's difficult to really assess the benefits. Another office in our sector also went live this week but with walk sequenced mail so indoor went well and allowed them to get out on time. Apparently went really well there? So mixed response really
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: I have it on good authority:North East
I wonder If the fact PTs were actually made FT in your revision has made a difference.
Maybe the ones made up feel a little more motivated to make it work.
The question of not using the trolley to make it work arises again.
I thought H&S was No 1
Maybe the ones made up feel a little more motivated to make it work.
The question of not using the trolley to make it work arises again.
I thought H&S was No 1
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
ANDY1979
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 21 Oct 2010, 16:33
- Gender: Male
Re: I have it on good authority:North East
dvbuk55 wrote:mclovin wrote:Im in the NE and my office is no closer to a revision as it was 12 months ago, not a singe thing has been done.
I know the offices that are "Going Live" next week and I have told a manager tagged to that office that it wont work and there are horror stories up and down the country.
All I got was "Its going well in Durham".
Its got shambles written all over it.![]()
![]()
Really? When we went live with the CDV park and loop more than two years ago, as a trial office, guess which area was quoted as the yardstick for success and you won't need two guesses.
In truth after this time we have adapted it and improved it and it does work - whether it is better or not is debatable.
Well the new delivery methods came into our office a week ago, And its just a nighmare i hate going to work now its just too much stress, they had 1 person doing packets and 3 doing the delivery plus 3 on overtime doing bags, after 3, on the same delivery, and these delivery where supposed to be done by two people sharing a van going round with a trolley, is it me or are they just trying to run this company into the ground or what? This is no kind of modernisation in my eyes maybe a plan to make a mess of everything so the company goes under, I have never seen something so rushed into and no backup plans that work,.
-
happymackem
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 19:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: in the land of the mackems
Re: I have it on good authority:North East
this crap started in our office on monday 25/10/2011
and my days off are you guessed it the first two days mon and today,now i have been told that the manager tells people what they can leave in depending on the time they are ready to go.
what i would like to ask is
this started yesterday so how do they know what you can leave in?
and i dont want to work overtime (those days are long gone) so if they give me too much what happens when my time is up 1450hrs
overtime is NOT COMPULSARY
advice
and my days off are you guessed it the first two days mon and today,now i have been told that the manager tells people what they can leave in depending on the time they are ready to go.
what i would like to ask is
this started yesterday so how do they know what you can leave in?
and i dont want to work overtime (those days are long gone) so if they give me too much what happens when my time is up 1450hrs
overtime is NOT COMPULSARY
advice
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: I have it on good authority:North East
Will it be your partners 1st day also, if they have done it for the last 2 days they should have an idea what will take you till your time.
Ask your manager in front of witnesses what they want you to do if what you take out takes you past your time.
Probably will be the case of ringing your Dom about an hour before end of duty to say that you can't complete and will have to bring X amount back.
Ask your manager in front of witnesses what they want you to do if what you take out takes you past your time.
Probably will be the case of ringing your Dom about an hour before end of duty to say that you can't complete and will have to bring X amount back.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
happymackem
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 19:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: in the land of the mackems
Re: I have it on good authority:North East
no the cover man who has covered me will be there (but i think he is a runner if you know what i mean) 
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: I have it on good authority:North East
any hartlepool posties out there 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"