ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

WCM document

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WCM document

Post by dvbuk55 »

BELIAL wrote:Is this going to take long? Can I do other stuff while I'm waiting?
Yes - but keep your hands above the table top :whistle
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: WCM document

Post by DGP1 »

I'm off to bed but I'll check in tomorrow to see if the wait is over :Very Happy
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: WCM document

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WCM document

Post by dvbuk55 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Image
:hmmmm Looks a bit tasty, wonder if she fancies a bit of company :angel
pickaname
Posts: 1467
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 20:24

Re: WCM document

Post by pickaname »

Heres the latest linear flow diagram from Dr.Pickaname to improve efficiency:

Give Postman Letters >>>>>>Postman Delivers Letters>>>>>>Postman goes home
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WCM document

Post by dvbuk55 »

pickaname wrote:Heres the latest linear flow diagram from Dr.Pickaname to improve efficiency:

Give Postman Letters >>>>>>Postman Delivers Letters>>>>>>Postman goes home
Too simple, it'll never work :no no
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: WCM document

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Post Box - Mail Centre - Machine - DO - Postie - Letter Box - before 2010

Post Box - Mail Centre - Machine Pass 1 - Machine Pass 2 - Machine Pass 3 - DO - Crash Sort - Postie - and 2nd Postie - Letter Box.

No wonder RM modernisation means later and slower.

I also thought that when RM said more mechanisation they meant less IPS/Crash Sorting but what they actually meant was less letters being sent through the machines more often. :crazy: :crazy:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: WCM document

Post by fishtank »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I also thought that when RM said more mechanisation they meant less IPS/Crash Sorting but what they actually meant was less letters being sent through the machines more often. :crazy: :crazy:
What about walk-sorted flats?...that's a whole new level of pointless mechanisation. :roll:
IPS sorting at your prep frame...wonderful. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share