ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Van share ...failed in Abingdon (oxon)

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: Van share ...failed in Abingdon (oxon)

Post by coxie »

I agree, in theory it can work, but they are making the duties too long
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Van share ...failed in Abingdon (oxon)

Post by dvbuk55 »

ashadd wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I think horses will be the next way forward well maybe pack mules, now there's something I have had experience with. :Very Happy

You really ought too stay in more DV, youre starting to scare me now...... :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :Very Happy
:chuckle :chuckle I once served in the Far East and was for a time based with a Gurkha Squadron of Pack Mules, they were used for carrying 105mm Pack Howitzers and the ammunition of course. I wasn't directly involved of course but saw them many times. They weren't fast but could certainly hump the stuff up terrain you couldn't trail in.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16738
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Van share ...failed in Abingdon (oxon)

Post by clashcityrocker »

Was that during the Boxer Rebellion?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Van share ...failed in Abingdon (oxon)

Post by dvbuk55 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Was that during the Boxer Rebellion?
No! You cheeky bugger! It was in the 60's, and good times too :dance :chuckle
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Van share ...failed in Abingdon (oxon)

Post by smokerjim »

dvbuk55 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Was that during the Boxer Rebellion?
No! You cheeky bugger! It was in the 60's, and good times too :dance :chuckle
The 1860's or the 1760's? :hmmmm
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16738
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Van share ...failed in Abingdon (oxon)

Post by clashcityrocker »

Don't be daft.
He was fleeing the Battle of Hastings.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Van share ...failed in Abingdon (oxon)

Post by dvbuk55 »

:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

You two are heading for the naughty room and bloody well deserved too. :Very Happy
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Van share ...failed in Abingdon (oxon)

Post by POSTMAN »

Off topic again,next you'll be posting random-ish kind of related pics in serious threads again. :roll:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Van share ...failed in Abingdon (oxon)

Post by dvbuk55 »

POSTMAN wrote:Off topic again,next you'll be posting random-ish kind of related pics in serious threads again. :roll:
I would have put a photo of a mule carrying a howitzer but I couldn't find one - sorry. Abingdon van share failing..........very many places it isn't and it's coming to an office near you soooooon.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16738
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Van share ...failed in Abingdon (oxon)

Post by clashcityrocker »

Image

mules carrying 75mmpack howitzer in Abingdon allegedly
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Van share ...failed in Abingdon (oxon)

Post by smokerjim »

POSTMAN wrote:Off topic again,next you'll be posting random-ish kind of related pics in serious threads again. :roll:
Aw da-aad! S'not fair....'e only bleedin' started it! :chuckle :whistle :angel
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Van share ...failed in Abingdon (oxon)

Post by Lounge Lizard »

dvbuk55 wrote:
ashadd wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I think horses will be the next way forward well maybe pack mules, now there's something I have had experience with. :Very Happy

You really ought too stay in more DV, youre starting to scare me now...... :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :Very Happy
:chuckle :chuckle I once served in the Far East and was for a time based with a Gurkha Squadron of Pack Mules, they were used for carrying 105mm Pack Howitzers and the ammunition of course. I wasn't directly involved of course but saw them many times. They weren't fast but could certainly hump the stuff up terrain you couldn't trail in.
http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=53074" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - it's a shame we can't hear what youre saying. :sad:
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Van share ...failed in Abingdon (oxon)

Post by dvbuk55 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Image

mules carrying 75mmpack howitzer in Abingdon allegedly
Wow - close to the real thing, very similar layout, brings back memories of the North West Frontier with camels on the Pathe News :evil/mad - I presume Abingdon is in the North West - see the mules never failed, they were a bit recalcitrant sometimes ..........but hey who isn't. :hmmmm

Honest postman they keep winding me up ...............it's not my fault. :angel
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Van share ...failed in Abingdon (oxon)

Post by Lounge Lizard »

dvbuk55 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Image

mules carrying 75mmpack howitzer in Abingdon allegedly
Wow - close to the real thing, very similar layout, brings back memories of the North West Frontier with camels on the Pathe News :evil/mad - I presume Abingdon is in the North West - see the mules never failed, they were a bit recalcitrant sometimes ..........but hey who isn't. :hmmmm

Honest postman they keep winding me up ...............it's not my fault. :angel
I presume Abingdon is in the North West :Very Happy yes, it is to us cockneys who have always stayed within hearing of Bow bells. :shock: :crazy: :shock:
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Van share ...failed in Abingdon (oxon)

Post by Stormproof »

Lounge Lizard wrote:it is to us cockneys who have always stayed within hearing of Bow bells. :shock: :crazy: :shock:
What happened to El Tommo?
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum