ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How much sick have you had?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: How much sick have you had?

Post by baldrick »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I have been on strike more days than Ive been off sick :dance :dance :dance

:Applause :Applause :Applause
Me too! :nana :nana :nana
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: How much sick have you had?

Post by Stormproof »

No idea, probably about 120. Just had a few s**t years I guess. I used to worry about keeping my job and rush back to work probably before I should have done. Not any more, they don't thank you for it. I'm only off now because they did'nt take ATOS advice and its screwed my knee up even more and the Dr were'nt happy.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: How much sick have you had?

Post by brothermagrew »

Next month sees 22 years service with Royal Mail and had zero absences to date.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
dados
Posts: 399
Joined: 04 Sep 2009, 16:33
Gender: Male
Location: leading the 5th column

Re: How much sick have you had?

Post by dados »

4 years service,10 months on sick,prior to this,nil,& that includes 12 years in the forces,10 years self employed, & by f*ck have the arseholes been busy paying me back for that time off in their sly wee digs & harrassment (but not harrassment in RM eyes,obviously,cos that would be wrong)
Art as expression
Not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations
axeman
Posts: 1733
Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57

Re: How much sick have you had?

Post by axeman »

Over the many years ..loads treat me like shi* and i'll repay the compliment ............... :nana
watdeadlyone
Posts: 71
Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 16:03

Re: How much sick have you had?

Post by watdeadlyone »

Totally agree axeman :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: How much sick have you had?

Post by General Mannerheim »

Upto 19 years service I had been off 9 days.
Last 3 years been in work about half the time.Including the middle year of 11 months off. :roll:
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: How much sick have you had?

Post by DirtyHarry »

DGP1 wrote:A number of years...................and a whole load of days sick.

Treat me like crap and I'll return the favour :roll:
My sentiments,exactly. :Very Happy
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: How much sick have you had?

Post by taurus88 »

I've not had a day off work in my life for sickness. Admittedly, I've only worked for about two years of my life what with education and all that, but I'm still a pretty rugged, stubborn sort for no good reason that I can think of. When I was at school I was always off - not because I was ill but because quite often I couldn't be arsed. Great thing about school was you never had to ring in, just turn up with a note next week. My mum was always great - if I ever fancied a week off she didn't care much. Her faith in me was rewarded with all Bs pretty much all the way throughout my education.

I actually worked it out recently and I missed over a year of my school life due to moving house, being off 'sick' and being off lazy. That's a ruddy long time, I can only imagine how super intelligent I would have been had I attended all of the time rather than some of it.
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: How much sick have you had?

Post by post_bitch »

going to work makes me ill and sick , i just need to walk about and bear it :mad and when i get home i collapse :sad:
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: How much sick have you had?

Post by baldrick »

taurus88 wrote:I actually worked it out recently and I missed over a year of my school life due to moving house, being off 'sick' and being off lazy. That's a ruddy long time, I can only imagine how super intelligent I would have been had I attended all of the time rather than some of it.
And you might have got a better job. :sad:
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: How much sick have you had?

Post by TeeferTiger »

baldrick wrote:
taurus88 wrote:I actually worked it out recently and I missed over a year of my school life due to moving house, being off 'sick' and being off lazy. That's a ruddy long time, I can only imagine how super intelligent I would have been had I attended all of the time rather than some of it.
And you might have got a better job. :sad:
I got a minimum of Bs at GCSEs and 3 A Levels but I'm still with RM. To be honest, that's only because of the pay.

In rural areas there aren't many jobs that pay well enough to enable you to buy a house around here (bloody tourists coming in and retiring here or buying second houses!!) if you haven't got a degree etc. Quite a lot of the store manager type jobs that you do see around here, are the same as what I earned last year just being a minion.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: How much sick have you had?

Post by Theghost »

Wow,Alot of goodies on here.

Service = 15 years 6 months.

Sick = 372 days.

6 weeks serious illness,1 Week bad foot from football,1 week flu,1 week fell off a roof,1 week conjuctivitis,The rest of the time nothing wrong with me,Does anybody get any thanks for attending work? NO.

Balls to the company,Work the system and get out of it what you can,Some will gripe and say its wrong,I say the way we are treated is wrong,My respect went out of the window years ago for Royal Mail,Enjoy sitting on your backside and being paid for it,You deserve it.
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: How much sick have you had?

Post by post_bitch »

Theghost wrote:Wow,Alot of goodies on here.

Service = 15 years 6 months.

Sick = 372 days.

6 weeks serious illness,1 Week bad foot from football,1 week flu,1 week fell off a roof,1 week conjuctivitis,The rest of the time nothing wrong with me,Does anybody get any thanks for attending work? NO.

Balls to the company,Work the system and get out of it what you can,Some will gripe and say its wrong,I say the way we are treated is wrong,My respect went out of the window years ago for Royal Mail,Enjoy sitting on your backside and being paid for it,You deserve it.
you woudlnt get away with it in other companys
I still dont understand how RM allow it and does not reward good attendance but the reward is 2 weeks a year faking illness for those who feel like it .
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: How much sick have you had?

Post by dvbuk55 »

It's an easy hole to plug - stop paying for sickness and lo and behold the sickness rate would fall by 50%.