ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How Many Reps Have Quit

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
iamnotadoormat
Posts: 125
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 10:26
Gender: Male

Re: How Many Reps Have Quit

Post by iamnotadoormat »

i am seriously thinking of quittig as health & safety rep.........the revisions for our have been done and i was not consulted on anything. Asked the DIM a few questions like toilet facilties, steep hills, etc. and was given the cold shoulder!!!!!! told our cwu rep and he said he would look into it!!!!!! that was 5 weeks ago........WE are all doomed.......its back to the dark ages for RM!!!!!!!!!! :arrrghhh
Exrep
Posts: 1005
Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: How Many Reps Have Quit

Post by Exrep »

Exactly why i quit buddy theres no bright future in R/M any more.

I think in the dark ages they had better working conditions than we have at present.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
Ogg
Posts: 55
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 13:40
Gender: Male
Location: Cornwall

Re: How Many Reps Have Quit

Post by Ogg »

I am a reluctant rep for the third time now (almost five years in total). I have been involved with influencing a cut of 111 hours of indoor work, trying my best to take on board a mountain of comments and complaints. I have worked from home, attended evening meetings, took every complaint to the manager and area manager, emails, letters of disagreement, the whole lot. I am supposed to prep a frame for fifteen minutes but I haven't the time to do this and attend to yet more meetings in the doms office but the part timer comes in early anyway (yes I tell him not to).
Bearing in mind I do all of this for **** all, barely able to take my coat off before the complaints begin but what am I getting? Hassle from a few who deem me a 'sneaker' for not doing my fifteen minutes! You can't make it up can you? No one else wants to take on the job, the last few reps have all lasted a year each and I am trying my damndest despite the CWU repeating the 'do your job properly' mantra. To think we are using software to calculate the savings with the full cooperation of the CWU...doesn't give me much to barter with when you think about it?
Anyway, savings due to begin on monday, many many changes, expecting cut offs and a s**t load of fuss. I have vowed that if I hear one more 'sneaker' shout tomorrow morning I will resign. Thank you for listening.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: How Many Reps Have Quit

Post by clashcityrocker »

Exrep wrote: So to all you reps out there banging your head against a brick wall GOOD LUCK
But sometimes (not often I know) you get to bang the DOMs head against the brick wall as well.
And then it all seems worthwhile.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.