Ive thought of a way to completely simplify the 739 card....
1. Name and address at top
2." we have something for you, you should know what it is as you probably sent for it!"
3. Collect it from you local delivery office.
Its not really sped up the whole process of filling them out though has it? They still ask for too much information. Why cant we go along the lines of UPS with the ticky boxes! I like ticky boxes.
Spmcintyre wrote:Its not really sped up the whole process of filling them out though has it? They still ask for too much information. Why cant we go along the lines of UPS with the ticky boxes! I like ticky boxes.
RMs answer would be "If you like UPS's ticky boxes so much, why don't you go & work for them, then?"
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Now that I've seen the new cards, I don't think they're too bad. However, I have stashed away a large pile of the (superior) older ones. The biggest problem with the new cards is, as somebody said, the lack of a 'large item' option. For people such as myself who often struggle to define what something is even with the current list of available tick boxes, the murder of this category is an outrage.
taurus88 wrote:Now that I've seen the new cards, I don't think they're too bad. However, I have stashed away a large pile of the (superior) older ones. The biggest problem with the new cards is, as somebody said, the lack of a 'large item' option. For people such as myself who often struggle to define what something is even with the current list of available tick boxes, the murder of this category is an outrage.
That's right. Parcels so big you struggle to get tham in or out of the van and now someone will walk down to the Delivery Office with a supermarket carrier bag to collect the 'packet'
The name and address is too cramped, the item number sticker with barcode covers up the returns instructions and the tick box for it being at the locker is after the small box says how long until they can collect it from the locker.
It looks like it has been designed by somebody who has never delivered anything and ratified by managers who have never delivered anything and tested by nobody. What a waste of time that was.
Spedley wrote:We started using them and they are a bit rubbish.
The name and address is too cramped, the item number sticker with barcode covers up the returns instructions and the tick box for it being at the locker is after the small box says how long until they can collect it from the locker.
It looks like it has been designed by somebody who has never delivered anything and ratified by managers who have never delivered anything and tested by nobody. What a waste of time that was.
one of outr linos was going round questioning folks as a customer had complained a P739 said an item had been left in a safeplace,but no packet.
turns out he (the lino) filled out the P739 himself and 'forgot' i was the new ones