ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Boycott the coffee machines.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Boycott the coffee machines.

Post by fishtank »

I bring my "coffee" in a brown paper bag.
I even mark them out on a Sunday for the whole week....... :nervous :wave


Image
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
kimski1976
Posts: 95
Joined: 31 Aug 2010, 20:57
Gender: Male

Re: Boycott the coffee machines.

Post by kimski1976 »

i take my own tea/ coffee in and use royal mails water and lecy to boil it. i feel like im getting one over them as their utitility bill goes up abit more everytime i enjoy my cup of tea :)
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Boycott the coffee machines.

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote:I bring my "coffee" in a brown paper bag.
I even mark them out on a Sunday for the whole week....... :nervous :wave


Image
You work your day off? :no no
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Boycott the coffee machines.

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:
fishtank wrote:I bring my "coffee" in a brown paper bag.
I even mark them out on a Sunday for the whole week....... :nervous :wave


Image
You work your day off? :no no
INo but it doesn't mean i don't need my "coffee" Clash. :nervous :whistle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Boycott the coffee machines.

Post by clashcityrocker »

This is a "coffee" break.

Image
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Boycott the coffee machines.

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:This is a "coffee" break.

Image
No..that is a member of the Cambuslang Young Team being "head patted" into the back of a Strathclyde "taxi".
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Doone
Posts: 85
Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 18:14
Gender: Male

Re: Boycott the coffee machines.

Post by Doone »

Quadrant takes at least £10,000 out of are machine every year, you dont even get a full cup,. 2 slurps and its gone. big RIP OFF,, Just take your own in, 10 cups 3 in 1 sachets...and ban the machines :cuppa
Broxi51
Posts: 1154
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 19:04
Location: Scotland

Re: Boycott the coffee machines.

Post by Broxi51 »

Doone wrote:Quadrant takes at least £10,000 out of are machine every year, you dont even get a full cup,. 2 slurps and its gone. big RIP OFF,, Just take your own in, 10 cups 3 in 1 sachets...and ban the machines :cuppa

I only drink one cup at a time :shock: You must be hyper drinking 10 at a time
The time has come to stop turning the other cheek, time to stop shaking our heads in bitter dismay, time to stop mumbling our angry words.
The time has come for union.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Boycott the coffee machines.

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:This is a "coffee" break.

Image
No..that is a member of the Cambuslang Young Team being "head patted" into the back of a Strathclyde "taxi".
And there speaks the voice of experience...........
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
slave
Posts: 433
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
Location: North West

Re: Boycott the coffee machines.

Post by slave »

Stopped using them when it went from 30 to 35!!!

Bring my own stuff in now; jar of coffee, bag of sugar, coffee-mate - simple, time it takes to make a cup is not much longer than waiting for the machine to churn one out (if it churns one out that is!!) and you get a better tasting coffee and more of it in a cup that doesn't burn your fingers..

:cuppa
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Boycott the coffee machines.

Post by POSTMAN »

They hadn't changed the price at our place...........................until this afterfeckingnoon.
Walked miles (I work in a very large DO that has lifts and corridors that the dude in the Saw films would cream himself over :whistle ) with 35p,and had to go all the way back (I still work in a very large DO that has lifts and corridors that the dude in the Saw films would cream himself over :whistle ) to get feckin 5p. :d'oh!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
jmcg
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2010, 15:50
Gender: Male

Re: Boycott the coffee machines.

Post by jmcg »

very impressive price rises! bottles of coke up to 1.15 from 1.00 but pepsi has stayed at 1.00 ! alternatively go to poundland and get 2 pepsis for a pound or 3 cans of coke for a pound...quadrant certainly do rely on our inertia! also if you have a posh waitrose near you i have seen 4 botles of coke for under 3 quid...works out at just over 70 pence a bottle..we are truly being ripped off........does anybody still recieve front line fix money? here in wd we have not heard about it for years.............
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Boycott the coffee machines.

Post by dvbuk55 »

I emailed the union once about this and I got a reply that Quadrant were members of the CWU and we needed to show solidarity and support the price increase to preserve jobs.......................

Needless to say I now brew my own.

We should be able to go to a private company and have them install machines.....................we get FA from quadrant but some companies will give rebates on the amount collected which could go into a central fund - of course they also run the canteens but of course we don't have one because we are a delivery office.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Boycott the coffee machines.

Post by DGP1 »

POSTMAN wrote:They hadn't changed the price at our place...........................until this afterfeckingnoon.
Walked miles (I work in a very large DO that has lifts and corridors that the dude in the Saw films would cream himself over :whistle ) with 35p,and had to go all the way back (I still work in a very large DO that has lifts and corridors that the dude in the Saw films would cream himself over :whistle ) to get feckin 5p. :d'oh!
Image I don't know what you're complaining about, you get a bike (to go along with your whatnots). :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: Boycott the coffee machines.

Post by post_bitch »

hmm so the cwu screws u over and ut ake it out on the cofee machine... :cuppa
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;