Do you get paid overtime for the hours you are going over due to finshing off prep, D2D's new walks etc?zoo wrote:I,m 25 hours have to finishing prep off and put doors to doors in frame they want lapsing of course put no time for that today they move me often last week 5 different walks never been on them before took lapsing couple of days dropped a bag one day.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What hours do part timers do in your office?
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Re: What hours do part timers do in your office?
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: What hours do part timers do in your office?
Contracted hours (24 per week) are 1000-1448hrs - expect to come in to a prepped frame (not including D2Ds and packets) - first half-hour to do redirections, kill-offs, packets, specials and bundle up - - do lapse first - deliver till I finish - and go straight home.
Normally however I get asked to come in early and get 1hr 15mins o/t to do full prep and they are forever begging for us to do at least a row (another 1hr 15mins o/t) or half a walk (2hrs 30mins) - not easy if you have no car and the regular has the pouch box keys (did half a walk one day in one bag - nearly crippled me - never again !) - sometimes even one row takes you over 16kg
Normally however I get asked to come in early and get 1hr 15mins o/t to do full prep and they are forever begging for us to do at least a row (another 1hr 15mins o/t) or half a walk (2hrs 30mins) - not easy if you have no car and the regular has the pouch box keys (did half a walk one day in one bag - nearly crippled me - never again !) - sometimes even one row takes you over 16kg
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: What hours do part timers do in your office?
Since all the part-timers in the section I work in lost their prep overtime, I have started at 0930 for the last two weeks, 0700 on Saturdays... On a 22.5 hour contract.
Still waiting for full implememtation of "double prep standards" (see recent posts of mine), so I typically spend 50-70 minutes...
Throwing in missort mail and anything double prepper does not recognise
Doing redirections
Back-facing letter for each call with a packet (typically 30-35)
Back-face letter for each drop with a special (normally 6+, often 8 or even 9) and/or recorded (typically 10+)
Bundle up
Normally clear deads before walk start
First letter 1020-1040 (~0815 Saturdays)
First meal relief break ~1200, 10 mins
Second meal relief break ~1330, 10 mins (if I know I will go past 1430, I have an extra entitlement of 10 mins, having done 5 hours)
Last letter 1415-1530
Then, usually Weds-Fri, I prepare to go out with 25-50% of another walk as cut-off o/t. Don't usually use extra 10 min meal relief for 7+ or even 9+ hours, just add it to o/t claim.
Worked my long weekend off last week, so did 42.5 hours and 40.5 hours over 6 days respectively over last two weeks, definitely looking forward to having Tuesday off to catch up with real life chores!
Still waiting for full implememtation of "double prep standards" (see recent posts of mine), so I typically spend 50-70 minutes...
Throwing in missort mail and anything double prepper does not recognise
Doing redirections
Back-facing letter for each call with a packet (typically 30-35)
Back-face letter for each drop with a special (normally 6+, often 8 or even 9) and/or recorded (typically 10+)
Bundle up
Normally clear deads before walk start
First letter 1020-1040 (~0815 Saturdays)
First meal relief break ~1200, 10 mins
Second meal relief break ~1330, 10 mins (if I know I will go past 1430, I have an extra entitlement of 10 mins, having done 5 hours)
Last letter 1415-1530
Then, usually Weds-Fri, I prepare to go out with 25-50% of another walk as cut-off o/t. Don't usually use extra 10 min meal relief for 7+ or even 9+ hours, just add it to o/t claim.
Worked my long weekend off last week, so did 42.5 hours and 40.5 hours over 6 days respectively over last two weeks, definitely looking forward to having Tuesday off to catch up with real life chores!
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Re: What hours do part timers do in your office?
So 24 hour contract just takes you under 5 hours a day so you only get 20 mins break instead of 30 mins, nice.RedBagMan wrote:Contracted hours (24 per week) are 1000-1448hrs - expect to come in to a prepped frame (not including D2Ds and packets) - first half-hour to do redirections, kill-offs, packets, specials and bundle up - - do lapse first - deliver till I finish - and go straight home.
Normally however I get asked to come in early and get 1hr 15mins o/t to do full prep and they are forever begging for us to do at least a row (another 1hr 15mins o/t) or half a walk (2hrs 30mins) - not easy if you have no car and the regular has the pouch box keys (did half a walk one day in one bag - nearly crippled me - never again !) - sometimes even one row takes you over 16kg
3 and half hour delivery
20 min break
half hour travelling time
So you have 28 mins to do redir, kill offs, D2D's, packets and bundle up. And to add insult to certain injury,they want you to take out absorption, you need to see your rep.
-
itslofty
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 13:20
- Gender: Male
Re: What hours do part timers do in your office?
hi, i am due to start next week on a 3 month part time 25 hour contract, are you lot trying to put me off before i start, or will i enjoy it and hopefully be full time soon? p.s any ideas what to expect on my first few days?
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3233
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: What hours do part timers do in your office?
25 hour contract
9.15-2.15 mon and wed
9.15-1.45 tue
9-2 thurs and fri
8.45-1.45 sat
I go in at my time and do 25 hours
9.15-2.15 mon and wed
9.15-1.45 tue
9-2 thurs and fri
8.45-1.45 sat
I go in at my time and do 25 hours
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3233
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: What hours do part timers do in your office?
You wont ever be FTitslofty wrote:hi, i am due to start next week on a 3 month part time 25 hour contract, are you lot trying to put me off before i start, or will i enjoy it and hopefully be full time soon? p.s any ideas what to expect on my first few days?
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: What hours do part timers do in your office?
realitybites wrote:So 24 hour contract just takes you under 5 hours a day so you only get 20 mins break instead of 30 mins, nice.RedBagMan wrote:Contracted hours (24 per week) are 1000-1448hrs - expect to come in to a prepped frame (not including D2Ds and packets) - first half-hour to do redirections, kill-offs, packets, specials and bundle up - - do lapse first - deliver till I finish - and go straight home.
Normally however I get asked to come in early and get 1hr 15mins o/t to do full prep and they are forever begging for us to do at least a row (another 1hr 15mins o/t) or half a walk (2hrs 30mins) - not easy if you have no car and the regular has the pouch box keys (did half a walk one day in one bag - nearly crippled me - never again !) - sometimes even one row takes you over 16kg
3 and half hour delivery
20 min break
half hour travelling time
So you have 28 mins to do redir, kill offs, D2D's, packets and bundle up. And to add insult to certain injury,they want you to take out absorption, you need to see your rep.
To be honest though - 90% of the time I normally do crack it - out of the office by 1030/1040 - taxi to lapse (they wait) - about 15 mins on lapse - taxi up to start - so if I'm moving by 11-ish I'm normally done not long after 1430. Not having to go back to the DO helps - two buses and I can be home before 1530 (although second bus is only hourly
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16740
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: What hours do part timers do in your office?
I really really really don't understand how anyone can think it is a good idea to pay for taxis to take people to their lapsing AND WAIT.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Re: What hours do part timers do in your office?
It's RM's choice of economising, no wonder they are in the s**tclashcityrocker wrote:I really really really don't understand how anyone can think it is a good idea to pay for taxis to take people to their lapsing AND WAIT.
-
johnnyp
- Posts: 5239
- Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 16:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: SE ENGLAND
Re: What hours do part timers do in your office?
5 Hours a day 10.00-15.00
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: What hours do part timers do in your office?
Park & Loop is (apparently) on its way "up our end" - and then the taxis will be no more ...clashcityrocker wrote:I really really really don't understand how anyone can think it is a good idea to pay for taxis to take people to their lapsing AND WAIT.
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: What hours do part timers do in your office?
As of tomorrow, all 22.5ers like myself are to start at 0945, 15 minutes later than we have doen for the last 2.5 weeks...
Considering I'm already claiming ~1 hour overtime to complete per day, as are most of the others to some extent, what are the managers trying to achieve by this?
I for one will simply tell me lino I expect to finish ~15 minutes later per day than I have done, whereas I know of at least a couple in my section that will now be forced to cut-off daily, unless by some miracle the "double prep standards" are properly implemented (some walks are still a mess at 0930, despite the planned changes 2.5 weeks ago).
The problem is that Weds-Fri, my lino was already usually asking me (and other PTers) to do cut-offs on other rounds, which meant I finished as late as 1900 (including my untaken extra meal relief breaks for working past 5,7 and 9 hours)... My lino is likely to have cut-offs that have nobody to do on overtime, as we will only be prepared to walk the streets for so many hours (and delivering in the dark on unfamilar walks during the winter is not going to be fun).
My double prepper still needs to implement back-facing letters for parcel drops; throwing in the missorts; redirections; the ~40 deads per day.
No to mention that I will have to inform my lino (and no doubt others will too) that the only way I can make my 8th special is to lock up the trolley and wander up the road just with that item, so the walk will take me longer to do. As I will be starting later, there are increased odds that my large parcel driver will already be on the road by the time I'm ready to see the specials problem!
The next few days are going to be funny!
Considering I'm already claiming ~1 hour overtime to complete per day, as are most of the others to some extent, what are the managers trying to achieve by this?
I for one will simply tell me lino I expect to finish ~15 minutes later per day than I have done, whereas I know of at least a couple in my section that will now be forced to cut-off daily, unless by some miracle the "double prep standards" are properly implemented (some walks are still a mess at 0930, despite the planned changes 2.5 weeks ago).
The problem is that Weds-Fri, my lino was already usually asking me (and other PTers) to do cut-offs on other rounds, which meant I finished as late as 1900 (including my untaken extra meal relief breaks for working past 5,7 and 9 hours)... My lino is likely to have cut-offs that have nobody to do on overtime, as we will only be prepared to walk the streets for so many hours (and delivering in the dark on unfamilar walks during the winter is not going to be fun).
My double prepper still needs to implement back-facing letters for parcel drops; throwing in the missorts; redirections; the ~40 deads per day.
No to mention that I will have to inform my lino (and no doubt others will too) that the only way I can make my 8th special is to lock up the trolley and wander up the road just with that item, so the walk will take me longer to do. As I will be starting later, there are increased odds that my large parcel driver will already be on the road by the time I'm ready to see the specials problem!
The next few days are going to be funny!