ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I have it on good authority:North East

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by Martin Walsh »

guvenor wrote:dont believe it for a minute our office west scot 53 / 47 % ft /pt ratio weve cut so many ft posts and hours job cant be done and they want even more hours
Part time heads per sector for Scotland are

Glasgow central 466

Kilmarnock & Dumfries 334

Glasgow E & W 285

Paisley 241

N Scotland and Shetlands 147

Edinburgh city 106

Motherwell 269
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by gb93 »

theboropostie wrote:I think the spans are 4 hours 15 but with 3 and a half delivery and the rest replenishmentb and van moves. Union totally involved and there is 20 mins contingency built in. Time will tell but a lot of effort has gone into the planning to get it right.
How can this create more FT jobs.
If this right your reps have played a blinder,but on first glance something doesn't add up to me.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by dvbuk55 »

There are lies damned lies and statistics - those lists mean absolutely nothing, they are a statistical exercise in proving that the figures are known but do nothing to equalise the split nationally - London has roughly 95/5, the North West roughly 65/35 - now how exactly does maintaining 75/25 help the North West or any other disparate ratio? The only way it could be done is to lose jobs in London and increase jobs elsewhere.

Why does it include managers in delivery units? That in itself is an anomaly because they don't deliver. If there is a member on full time release is he included as a full time employee and is release time in general for lesser hours shown as part time?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by POSTMAN »

There has to be a point where you start looking after the job...not just the jobs.
I think Fish has this spot on,maybe we're being blinded with the save jobs mantra.
Many on here seem to have vacancies just like my place as well,if those don't get filled because of a revision and the bods left are not being killed with the workload then so be it.

And yes i'll be the 1st to say what most or some of you are probably thinking,there is no way i'm going to kill myself with a humongous walk so my part time colleagues can go full time.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by dvbuk55 »

POSTMAN wrote:
There has to be a point where you start looking after the job...not just the jobs.
I think Fish has this spot on,maybe we're being blinded with the save jobs mantra.
Many on here seem to have vacancies just like my place as well,if those don't get filled because of a revision and the bods left are not being killed with the workload then so be it.

And yes i'll be the 1st to say what most or some of you are probably thinking,there is no way i'm going to kill myself with a humongous walk so my part time colleagues can go full time.
There has been many statements to that effect - ie you cannot make FT fit a part time job because the outdoor element simply cannot be increased exponentially to replace indoor work - you must either decrease the working week or institute a split delivery system to give rest and respite throughout the day. Some on here say that the CWU has full involvement - but ask yourself who has really set the parameters in which the agreement is bound.
seanocelt
Posts: 68
Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 10:05
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority

Post by seanocelt »

wtf!!!!! wrote:OUR CDV REVISION CAME IN ON TUESDAY (5th) IN THE NE AREA, WHAT AN ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES. BAGS OF MAIL BEING BROUGHT BACK AFTER LADS HAVE WORKED PAST THEIR TIME. MAIL BEING LEFT IN TRAYS, THEN BEING PREPPED IN THE AFTERNOON MY PEOPLE ON OVERTIME. DOESN'T HELP THAT THE MAIL CENTRE IS UNDERSTAFFED THERFORE SEQUENCED MAIL NOT ARRIVING ON TIME, DIDNT GET OUT UNTIL 11 ON TUESDAY. MANAGERS OUT ON DELIVERY UNTIL 6.30 AT NIGHT. NO PACKETS OR SPECIALS BEING TOOK OUT. SUNDAY ON AS OVERTIME CHUCKING WALKS IN. BASICALLY ANY AMOUNT OF OVERTIME YOU WANT. BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT THE PLANNER WAS TOLD BY US IN MEETINGTHAT THE WALKS WERE FAR TOO BIG, BUT THE SHUTTERS WENT UP, HE WAS RIGHT HE KNEW BEST!!!!!!!! :Applause

i find this post brutal if true, but not been much comment about it so;


is the poster prone to exaggeration?

is this what we are all to expect?

if you plan/are involved in planning, what have you got to say about this?

6.30 at night management deliveries? how feckin dare they, thats OUR work. shummbuddy shaay shuumfinn.
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by belle smith »

theboropostie wrote:I think the spans are 4 hours 15 but with 3 and a half delivery and the rest replenishmentb and van moves. Union totally involved and there is 20 mins contingency built in. Time will tell but a lot of effort has gone into the planning to get it right.
Your moving from a 3hr 30min delivery to a 3hr 30min delivery plus packets. :hmmmm
were all those 32 vaccancies packet duties? :neutral:
i think you are being spun a line.
When the van driver is doing the packets i assume the walker will still be eh..walking for the full 4hr 15mins
even still doesn't sound half bad......how big is you office?
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by maisymoo04 »

belle the van share postman DO THE PACKETS MATE.you and ye partner do everyhthing in sight,tracked.speciels etc,you have to cut of before 1PM to do all specials then drive back to were you were prior to cuttin off.its a f@@@ joke
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
theboropostie
Posts: 132
Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by theboropostie »

Office is massive. One of the biggest in the UK. I think about 200 walks and 300ish OPG's.

The section that goes live next week has not been through any revision so walks are very small at the moment so loads of lasping going on which accounts for some vacancies - was due for pegasus but strikes put a stop to that!

They will be starting at 6:30 till 15:00 with 40 mins MR and due to leave office at 9:30.

I'm not sure on the exact bits but know that time has been allowed for D2D, loading the van, walking to and from the IPS, van checks, bag replenishment, slowed down with trolly, packet increase...

Like I said last night we will find out next week if they have it right.
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by belle smith »

maisymoo04 wrote:belle the van share postman DO THE PACKETS MATE.you and ye partner do everyhthing in sight,tracked.speciels etc,you have to cut of before 1PM to do all specials then drive back to were you were prior to cuttin off.its a f@@@ joke
Aye an know that you do everything packets tracked and specials, but i assume the driver big packets while the non-driver does another walking bit.
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by belle smith »

theboropostie wrote:Office is massive. One of the biggest in the UK. I think about 200 walks and 300ish OPG's.

The section that goes live next week has not been through any revision so walks are very small at the moment so loads of lasping going on which accounts for some vacancies - was due for pegasus but strikes put a stop to that!

They will be starting at 6:30 till 15:00 with 40 mins MR and due to leave office at 9:30.

I'm not sure on the exact bits but know that time has been allowed for D2D, loading the van, walking to and from the IPS, van checks, bag replenishment, slowed down with trolly, packet increase...

Like I said last night we will find out next week if they have it right.
leave office at 09:30 and return at 15:00 :hmmmm
15mins accelaration 15mins pouch off that leaves you with 5hr duties not 4hr15mins. even if you take off the 20mins contingency thats 4hr40min duties.
big office is the section that goes live soon really far away do you get longer than 15mins there and back?
are you's planning to have MR after leaving office? That would bring it down to 4hr20min :cool

You say that section hasn't had a pegasus revision before, i assume others have so you's know what pegasus walks are like. ie bigger that it says on the tin.
9 being made FT just in that section presumably lots more than that for the full office, hope that includes you Boropostie :wink: and i hope your walks are 4hr15min.
theboropostie
Posts: 132
Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by theboropostie »

There is 20 mins MR before leaving and 20 mins after leaving.

Will find out about FT at some point I'm sure....

Will see what next week brings first though. I'm not involved so will observe from a distance. :cuppa
elverly
Posts: 59
Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 18:21
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by elverly »

Our duties have just been done and will go live next month all delivery spans 5.30 hours
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by dvbuk55 »

elverly wrote:Our duties have just been done and will go live next month all delivery spans 5.30 hours
Is that on a 10 hour day?
elverly
Posts: 59
Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 18:21
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by elverly »

No they expect us to be ready and be out to complete the duties a f***ing MASSIVE