ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I have it on good authority:North East

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
theboropostie wrote:Goes live in one section in our office week on Monday. Revision has removed ten duties from that section but also made nine part timers to full and the rest up to 30 hours. Office currently has 32 vacancies covered on ot that will be reduced as each section has it's revision.

Edit. - we are in ne
What do you have in place to ensure that any full-timer who leaves is replaced by a full-timer?
After all that's how areas like NE ended up with a 55% full-time ratio in the first place and it would be criminal to repeat the mistakes of the past.
I would be looking for something more concrete than the existing framework which has been proven unfit for purpose.
One of the reasons we did not opt for more FT was because on the WSM revision more hours will have to be removed from the matrix - so how do you allow for that? There has never been anything in place to maintain FT work - even the much publicised 75/25 split nationally - WTF, how can you monitor that? it has certainly never been explained. If the decline in mail and the increase in mechanisation continues we will have no FT workers UNLESS we shorten the working week.
Even with a 39 hour week has anyone suggested you will be doing less work - sort of taking 12 minutes work a day less ..............no of course not you'll be absorbing it of course.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by fishtank »

I don't think personally that it's a good idea to hang your hat on more full-time jobs until you know if they will be sustainable through a WS revision.....and i can tell you through personal experience that they are not without delivery spans reaching ridiculous levels.
There has to be a point where you start looking after the job...not just the jobs.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by maisymoo04 »

32 vacancys on ovvys my god and there sayin they have no money :d'oh!
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by Martin Walsh »

It depends on what the members within the office want.

The current figures for full time staff in Royal Mail ie FTEs are that there are 101, 219 full time equivlants.

This is the breakdown on Royal Mail regions of management based on FTEs.

Northern Ireland 2475 FTE

Wales 6483 FTE

London 7127 FTE

Thames Valley 8001 FTE

Scotland 8747 FTE

NW England 9940 FTE

SW England 10052 FTE

Anglia 11896 FTE

SE England 11131 FTE

NE England 11969 FTE

Midlands 13397 FTE
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by maisymoo04 »

hahaha like it dingo :Applause
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by gb93 »

Go on then I am not ashamed to show my ignorance what is a FT equilivant.
And what is the point of the figures, what are they indicating.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by Martin Walsh »

The above lists are in their upper decile packs and that info is only delivery offices but it does include front line staff and managers in delivery units.

Total Full time heads works out different to FTEs which includes all hours in post.

Total Full time heads are broken down as : Nationaly there are 73927 full time staff in delivery units

Northern Ireland 1666

Wales 4764

Scotland 6039

London 6 206

Thames Valley 6482

SW 6724

NW 7155

NE 7415

SE 9018

Anglia 9115

Midlands 9379
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by Martin Walsh »

The following to total part time heads nationally there are 26 647 . In 2006 there were 21 840.

The part time jobs currently in delivery offices in each region are

London 359
Northern Ireland 908
Thames Valley 1128
SE 1381
Anglia 1715
Wales 1768
NW 2975
Scotland 3258
SW 3456
Midland 3918
North East 5771
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by Martin Walsh »

Now the purpose of this information is for a number of reasons , one the bench mark pack breaks it down to indvidual offices and dsm sectors.

So the ratio can be tracked and montiored at the NPG to ensure the 75 % 25 split is maintained. Remember the workplan must support this ratio.

Plus to show that the North East have a massive part time number who in the main want full time jobs. Who is anyone to judge from another region if an office decides to agree a revison providing they have delivery methods which increases the amount of full time staff.

Now the information pack allows a complete montoring of almost everything and will be reviewed on -going.

The facts are the facts.
guvenor
Posts: 493
Joined: 20 Dec 2007, 16:58

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by guvenor »

dont believe it for a minute our office west scot 53 / 47 % ft /pt ratio weve cut so many ft posts and hours job cant be done and they want even more hours
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by Pat Ostman »

lenat wrote:
dingo wrote:Gb if you want to know why dont you either phone the divisional reps or branch`s in the North East.

There was a 2 day divisonal reps meeting last week where a full report was given including what has been agreed in principal at regional director level. Now the North East had 55% full timers when this agreement started by converting 3 walks into 2 they have been able to increase the amount of full timers as part timers have been given a full time contract.

The divisonal reps in the North East has a weekly meeting where all the numbers of full time and part time staff, sick , special leave etc are reviewed for each office.

Like I say it will not suit everyone but it does mean that a lot of those who are part time now and want a full time contract will get one and they have also introdce the improved attendances.

This site does not have monopoly on information and when I report something I do because I know who has said it.
I can guarantee that no patroness have been made up to full-time in the revision in our office. Which is in the NE.
ditto
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
theboropostie
Posts: 132
Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by theboropostie »

I think the spans are 4 hours 15 but with 3 and a half delivery and the rest replenishmentb and van moves. Union totally involved and there is 20 mins contingency built in. Time will tell but a lot of effort has gone into the planning to get it right.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by Pat Ostman »

Time will tell but a lot of effort has gone into the planning to get it right.
For whom?
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by gb93 »

Kind of worked out you were indicating the high ratio of PT in NE compared to other areas.
In my opinion it has been a lot easier over the last few years for RM to get to this ratio than it will be to reverse the trend with these revisions.
Suppose only time will tell and the facts will be the facts.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by DGP1 »

65%ft 35%pt split in NI :hmmmm
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio