ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I have it on good authority:North East

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by Martin Walsh »

Gb if you want to know why dont you either phone the divisional reps or branch`s in the North East.

There was a 2 day divisonal reps meeting last week where a full report was given including what has been agreed in principal at regional director level. Now the North East had 55% full timers when this agreement started by converting 3 walks into 2 they have been able to increase the amount of full timers as part timers have been given a full time contract.

The divisonal reps in the North East has a weekly meeting where all the numbers of full time and part time staff, sick , special leave etc are reviewed for each office.

Like I say it will not suit everyone but it does mean that a lot of those who are part time now and want a full time contract will get one and they have also introdce the improved attendances.

This site does not have monopoly on information and when I report something I do because I know who has said it.
lenat
Posts: 25
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 21:14
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by lenat »

dingo wrote:Gb if you want to know why dont you either phone the divisional reps or branch`s in the North East.

There was a 2 day divisonal reps meeting last week where a full report was given including what has been agreed in principal at regional director level. Now the North East had 55% full timers when this agreement started by converting 3 walks into 2 they have been able to increase the amount of full timers as part timers have been given a full time contract.

The divisonal reps in the North East has a weekly meeting where all the numbers of full time and part time staff, sick , special leave etc are reviewed for each office.

Like I say it will not suit everyone but it does mean that a lot of those who are part time now and want a full time contract will get one and they have also introdce the improved attendances.

This site does not have monopoly on information and when I report something I do because I know who has said it.
I can guarantee that no patroness have been made up to full-time in the revision in our office. Which is in the NE.
lenat
Posts: 25
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 21:14
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by lenat »

Sorry that was part-timers not patroness god damn predictive text.
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by gb93 »

Ok Dingo you are only reporting on what was said at meetings you attended and of course you should have no reason to relay anything but what was said, and therefore their is no need to shoot the messenger which I am not.
It is good to hear what is been reported at Div level from whatever source and thanks for the heads up.
Now it is early days for the revisions in the NE and the policy of creating more FT jobs may have just been agreed.
All I can say is of the revisions done so far creating FT jobs has not been an option given.
Maybe this option will be there for the vast majority still awaiting their revisions.
No digs aimed at you Dingo for your posting from me, it is just not what I have experienced so far in the revisions.
You are right it is up to local branches and ADR and Div rep to get this message out.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by Lincox »

Dingo, is everything absolutely going to plan in your world
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by fishtank »

Now the North East had 55% full timers when this agreement started by converting 3 walks into 2 they have been able to increase the amount of full timers as part timers have been given a full time contract
How can you feasibly convert 3 duties into 2...that's ridiculous....that's 5hr+ deliveries. :shock:
Somebody needs to have a serious word with these idiots...they are going to kill someone.
I take it London won't be following their lead. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by maisymoo04 »

my god we finally have someone who has started the new methods WTF :Applause hasn,t worked tho :Applause
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by gb93 »

Quite right Fishtank maybe even 5.30 deliveries.
I am not saying it is a good option or feasible option - just the option has not been there.
It is not just about the lengh of del span (that is just an enabler :crazy: ) it's the job losses that go with it and how that will be handled.
In fact the more I come to think about it, better they keep this information amongst themselves in meetings "high up" and don't let it slip to unit reps and members.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
Now the North East had 55% full timers when this agreement started by converting 3 walks into 2 they have been able to increase the amount of full timers as part timers have been given a full time contract
How can you feasibly convert 3 duties into 2...that's ridiculous....that's 5hr+ deliveries. :shock:
Somebody needs to have a serious word with these idiots...they are going to kill someone.
I take it London won't be following their lead. :cuppa
Chance'd be a fine thing - would you swap a 4hr delivery on a 10 hour day for a 5 hour one on an 8 hour day :hmmmm More to the point would you be up for losing jobs to bring your FT ratio to a figure which is unrepresentative of the workload. We wouldn't and haven't - even though the option was there and I must assume it is for everyone.
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by belle smith »

dvbuk55 wrote:Chance'd be a fine thing - would you swap a 4hr delivery on a 10 hour day for a 5 hour one on an 8 hour day :hmmmm More to the point would you be up for losing jobs to bring your FT ratio to a figure which is unrepresentative of the workload. We wouldn't and haven't - even though the option was there and I must assume it is for everyone.
They certainly wont be keeping those 4hr spans for a 10 hour day.
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by belle smith »

gb93 wrote:Quite right Fishtank maybe even 5.30 deliveries.
I am not saying it is a good option or feasible option - just the option has not been there.
It is not just about the lengh of del span (that is just an enabler :crazy: ) it's the job losses that go with it and how that will be handled.
In fact the more I come to think about it, better they keep this information amongst themselves in meetings "high up" and don't let it slip to unit reps and members.
If they haddn't made delivery spans an enabler at national level, then you could have got people made up by local agreement to increase spans.
as things are now we will get increased spans and they won't neccaseraliy make anyone up. :arrrghhh
theboropostie
Posts: 132
Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by theboropostie »

Goes live in one section in our office week on Monday. Revision has removed ten duties from that section but also made nine part timers to full and the rest up to 30 hours. Office currently has 32 vacancies covered on ot that will be reduced as each section has it's revision.

Edit. - we are in ne
Last edited by theboropostie on 10 Oct 2010, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by POSTMAN »

maisymoo04 wrote:had 29 duties on the board last week.DSM came down and moved the goal posts now and f@@@ said they want 3 duties out ,what the hell is goin on.its took all this time and wasted money, now they want them all looked at again,more waste of time :mad :mad :d'oh! :d'oh! :evil/mad :evil/mad PLACE IS A JOKE :shock:
How,it's not down to the DSM,it's what is spat out with your revision.What exactly has happened?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by POSTMAN »

theboropostie wrote:Goes live in one section in our office week on Monday. Revision has removed ten duties from that section but also made nine part timers to full and the rest up to 30 hours. Office currently has 32 vacancies covered on ot that will be reduced as each section has it's revision.

Edit. - we are in ne
What's the walks span boro?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by fishtank »

theboropostie wrote:Goes live in one section in our office week on Monday. Revision has removed ten duties from that section but also made nine part timers to full and the rest up to 30 hours. Office currently has 32 vacancies covered on ot that will be reduced as each section has it's revision.

Edit. - we are in ne
What do you have in place to ensure that any full-timer who leaves is replaced by a full-timer?
After all that's how areas like NE ended up with a 55% full-time ratio in the first place and it would be criminal to repeat the mistakes of the past.
I would be looking for something more concrete than the existing framework which has been proven unfit for purpose.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share