fishtank wrote:I think the point of this is...if an 8hr duty is looking at a 4hr30min delivery span then a 10 hr duty can't possibly hope to hold at that.
How much longer is debatable but it will be longer because you can't hope to absorb the entire extra 2hrs indoor...there just isn't enough work no matter how many part-timers you have.
Well they didn't do too badly last time did they, 3.5 hours on an 8, 4 on a 10, so 30 minutes extra delivery produced 90 minutes extra prep time..................now that's magic.....................Debbie get me coat I'm moving darn sarf, it must be a slower pace of life
Come on down,luverly down 'ere.
If you lot can't find extra indoor work with all the part timers you have then i'll send you some whatnots.
I might slip in a decent rep and branch as well if you want.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
fishtank wrote:I think the point of this is...if an 8hr duty is looking at a 4hr30min delivery span then a 10 hr duty can't possibly hope to hold at that.
How much longer is debatable but it will be longer because you can't hope to absorb the entire extra 2hrs indoor...there just isn't enough work no matter how many part-timers you have.
Well they didn't do too badly last time did they, 3.5 hours on an 8, 4 on a 10, so 30 minutes extra delivery produced 90 minutes extra prep time..................now that's magic.....................Debbie get me coat I'm moving darn sarf, it must be a slower pace of life
Come on down,luverly down 'ere.
If you lot can't find extra indoor work with all the part timers you have then i'll send you some whatnots.
I might slip in a decent rep and branch as well if you want.
No need for the Rep postman, we have a good 'un, old school, been a rep for 20 years or more, despite my dissatisfaction with the CWU I would help this guy in any way I could. - it's branch support that's missing, populated with Mail Centre bods and the full time release merchants are wannabes and not wannados - you may not know the sort - but they are the don't rock the boat brigade. Spat the dummy when we went for a NO vote on the agreement - refused to come to speak to our office when agreement was supposed to be explained because in their words "If you're voting no that's it". As delivery offices have a minority of voters and there are two mail centres in our area, we can't shift them.
Haven't seen hide nor hair of them for years - the last meeting we had the branch secretary came....................... who isn't on release I might add.
Your old pal from the CWU forums is now my branch sec on FT release and he works bloddy hard all day long!! You taught him well in that shed
Voted in 2 years on the trot!!!
Myself on the other hand has not been voted in to local rep job as as opposed to be the only applicant since I won sub rep election in 2002
Is he still pushing that crap website for a prize? You've got to hand it to him, he is a tryer and if he was in my branch I would probably still be a member and I would certainly vote for him.
BELIAL wrote:Well he might be in the 'upper docile' and we will all be required to achieve that 'standard'
I'm leaving the thread now,got an headache.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
dvbuk55 wrote:But,you've still only got just over 2hrs indoor work so why?
Well that is because that is all there is when it is divided between the staff. You cannot increase the quantity of indoor work it is quantified and the hours calculated on that quantity.
Some will be doing double prep, in fact there are quite a number doing it now, and more when the revision is up and running and that is before the WSMs sequence the mail.
When a part timer comes in the delivery will be all but prepared and with a meal break, travel out and back the delivery is just about all he does. The 25 hour part timers will work three days of 8h20m - it is proposed that they will work Thu, Fri, Sat - and at the moment that is a contentious issue, however in order to get 1 in 3 Sats off - for the majority that is - you know how it is, winners and losers.
The idea was to preserve full time jobs as for as possible and not lose staff. No idea what will happen when the machines come in, they will eat up more indoor work but they will need operators, how many and for how long?????????????????
I'm intrigued by the part timers hours, are they proposing to put all 25 hour contracts on to 3 days and will it be a rolling 3 days, mon, tues, weds one week then thurs, fri sat the following. Sort of runs into week on, week off territory.
realitybites wrote:I'm intrigued by the part timers hours, are they proposing to put all 25 hour contracts on to 3 days and will it be a rolling 3 days, mon, tues, weds one week then thurs, fri sat the following. Sort of runs into week on, week off territory.
realitybites wrote:I'm intrigued by the part timers hours, are they proposing to put all 25 hour contracts on to 3 days and will it be a rolling 3 days, mon, tues, weds one week then thurs, fri sat the following. Sort of runs into week on, week off territory.
They wont be. it's a constant Fri, Sat, Mon.
They not fall under the extra saturdays off thingimything????
realitybites wrote:I'm intrigued by the part timers hours, are they proposing to put all 25 hour contracts on to 3 days and will it be a rolling 3 days, mon, tues, weds one week then thurs, fri sat the following. Sort of runs into week on, week off territory.
They wont be. it's a constant Fri, Sat, Mon.
They not fall under the extra saturdays off thingimything????
It's easily solved....you put them on a thurs,fri,sat,mon with a 3 day rotation and hey presto...you have 1 in 4 Sat off.
realitybites wrote:I'm intrigued by the part timers hours, are they proposing to put all 25 hour contracts on to 3 days and will it be a rolling 3 days, mon, tues, weds one week then thurs, fri sat the following. Sort of runs into week on, week off territory.
They wont be. it's a constant Fri, Sat, Mon.
They not fall under the extra saturdays off thingimything????
It's easily solved....you put them on a thurs,fri,sat,mon with a 3 day rotation and hey presto...you have 1 in 4 Sat off.
AlbertoGranado wrote:She does say "constant" though. Would be very unfair, never havin any sort of weekend off!
She??? Thats the way it's writen up in the menu of options. i agree it is unfair.
at first glance fishtanks option looks like a good fix though.
So it is one option, I don't think the CWU would have all PT'ers shafted in this way. The rolling days would be more viable as a FAIR solution.
There you see is your deliberate mistake, the union are not concerned with fair, no no, it is with winners and losers..................take the D2D solution for example...................need I say more?
realitybites wrote:So it is one option, I don't think the CWU would have all PT'ers shafted in this way. The rolling days would be more viable as a FAIR solution.
Don't you?
I was quoting from the menu of options written by the CWU. there are at least 2 of the options were the part timers are requierd to work every Saturday!
Like i said i don't think it's fair, but i didn't write it the CWU did!
BTW The option that fishtank has posted is not in the CWU menu of options someone at his office or branch has gone to the trouble of working that out themselfs to prevent you's from being shafted.
realitybites wrote:So it is one option, I don't think the CWU would have all PT'ers shafted in this way. The rolling days would be more viable as a FAIR solution.
Don't you?
I was quoting from the menu of options written by the CWU. there are at least 2 of the options were the part timers are requierd to work every Saturday!
Like i said i don't think it's fair, but i didn't write it the CWU did!
BTW The option that fishtank has posted is not in the CWU menu of options someone at his office or branch has gone to the trouble of working that out themselfs to prevent you's from being shafted.
I wonder if they intend to implement this at a national level or leave it to be locally agreed. I would be gobsmacked if they try to introduce it as a national agreement when they haven't lifted a finger to standardize part time contractual hours but leave it to Doms to eek as much as is humanly possible from PT'ers, and then a bit more.