ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I have it on good authority:North East

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority

Post by gb93 »

You have said nothing to offend mate.
I was confirming what you have heard and posted.
Was trying to do it with a touch of sarcasm, not the first time it has caused cross wires.
My flaw not yours Lager Chimp, enjoy your beer/beers.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
Lager Chimp
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 46
Joined: 11 Jul 2007, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority

Post by Lager Chimp »

gb93 wrote:You have said nothing to offend mate.
I was confirming what you have heard and posted.
Was trying to do it with a touch of sarcasm, not the first time it has caused cross wires.
My flaw not yours Lager Chimp, enjoy your beer/beers.
no probs! cheers! :Very Happy
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority

Post by POSTMAN »

Has mumbles,bumbles,fumbules,dumbles,grumbles or whatever his name is f****d up then?

Yes,it's a cheap shot. :chuckle
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
wtf!!!!!
Posts: 2
Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 21:17
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority

Post by wtf!!!!! »

......
Last edited by wtf!!!!! on 17 Oct 2010, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority

Post by gb93 »

POSTMAN wrote:Has mumbles,bumbles,fumbules,dumbles,grumbles or whatever his name is f****d up then?

Yes,it's a cheap shot. :chuckle
:left: :left:
He did upset you on his facebook now didn't he, let it go Postman it doesn't become you :Very Happy
Just wait till it 70% FT in the NE you will look silly then :left:
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: I have it on good authority

Post by belle smith »

wtf!!!!! wrote:OUR CDV REVISION CAME IN ON TUESDAY (5th) IN THE NE AREA, WHAT AN ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES. BAGS OF MAIL BEING BROUGHT BACK AFTER LADS HAVE WORKED PAST THEIR TIME. MAIL BEING LEFT IN TRAYS, THEN BEING PREPPED IN THE AFTERNOON MY PEOPLE ON OVERTIME. DOESN'T HELP THAT THE MAIL CENTRE IS UNDERSTAFFED THERFORE SEQUENCED MAIL NOT ARRIVING ON TIME, DIDNT GET OUT UNTIL 11 ON TUESDAY. MANAGERS OUT ON DELIVERY UNTIL 6.30 AT NIGHT. NO PACKETS OR SPECIALS BEING TOOK OUT. SUNDAY ON AS OVERTIME CHUCKING WALKS IN. BASICALLY ANY AMOUNT OF OVERTIME YOU WANT. BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT THE PLANNER WAS TOLD BY US IN MEETINGTHAT THE WALKS WERE FAR TOO BIG, BUT THE SHUTTERS WENT UP, HE WAS RIGHT HE KNEW BEST!!!!!!!! :Applause
Sounds fun, and people are doing the O/T :d'oh!
i doubt they'll fix it at the PIR either.
i'm sure we will all be joining you soon. :cry
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority

Post by POSTMAN »

gb93 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Has mumbles,bumbles,fumbules,dumbles,grumbles or whatever his name is f****d up then?

Yes,it's a cheap shot. :chuckle
:left: :left:
He did upset you on his facebook now didn't he, let it go Postman it doesn't become you :Very Happy
Just wait till it 70% FT in the NE you will look silly then :left:
It hurts..............cut me like a knife.............. :funneh even though a post (Perhaps it wern't controversial) on here was sent out to his members :left: ...........................i will be the bigger man,i'm moving on. :wave
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
minimumstandard
Posts: 134
Joined: 28 Jul 2010, 12:17
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by minimumstandard »

q
Last edited by minimumstandard on 10 Oct 2010, 09:11, edited 1 time in total.
Thehair
Posts: 221
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 22:35
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority

Post by Thehair »

Lager Chimp wrote:
I'm still none the wiser, sadly. Sorry but I've been drinking again and not too sure what point you're making? Have I said something to offend?
Sotty I've been drinking too...oooops meant to type sorry. I really haven't got a clue what you're on about... Will have a look in the morning if the post makes any sense!!!
kendo1
Posts: 217
Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 12:21
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by kendo1 »

In the midlands, non walk sequence revision in our office,all gone pear shape.
Cut offs galore,Managers doing 2 walks aday,Dom doing walks,doing to substantial increased absortion,sick rate going through the roof.

No one wanting O/T for what you are expected to due for what is being offered.
One of the Guys delivered to a house the other day,birthday cards and presents, trouble was birthday was 2 days before ,not had any delivereies all week due to cut offs.

This is just the non walk revision ,what will the CDV revision.?

Almost like a rerun of Pegus ,from 2 years ago ,except ,not had the agencey staff and all the hired vans in yet ,and the Police to investigate the dumped mail,still early days yet!
Keano
Posts: 64
Joined: 03 Apr 2007, 15:01

Re: I have it on good authority

Post by Keano »

wtf!!!!! wrote:OUR CDV REVISION CAME IN ON TUESDAY (5th) IN THE NE AREA, WHAT AN ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES. BAGS OF MAIL BEING BROUGHT BACK AFTER LADS HAVE WORKED PAST THEIR TIME. MAIL BEING LEFT IN TRAYS, THEN BEING PREPPED IN THE AFTERNOON MY PEOPLE ON OVERTIME. DOESN'T HELP THAT THE MAIL CENTRE IS UNDERSTAFFED THERFORE SEQUENCED MAIL NOT ARRIVING ON TIME, DIDNT GET OUT UNTIL 11 ON TUESDAY. MANAGERS OUT ON DELIVERY UNTIL 6.30 AT NIGHT. NO PACKETS OR SPECIALS BEING TOOK OUT. SUNDAY ON AS OVERTIME CHUCKING WALKS IN. BASICALLY ANY AMOUNT OF OVERTIME YOU WANT. BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT THE PLANNER WAS TOLD BY US IN MEETINGTHAT THE WALKS WERE FAR TOO BIG, BUT THE SHUTTERS WENT UP, HE WAS RIGHT HE KNEW BEST!!!!!!!! :Applause
Yes,it has been fun and games has it not?
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by gb93 »

Any FT jobs put in after revision.
And did you get a vote on whether you wanted more FT for longer del spans.
And what has happened to the people who duties have gone any EVR offered.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by fishtank »

gb93 wrote:Any FT jobs put in after revision.
And did you get a vote on whether you wanted more FT for longer del spans.
And what has happened to the people who duties have gone any EVR offered.

Are you still trying to find these FT jobs Sherlock?

Image

"Ahhh...bollox...another part-time contract." :d'oh!
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by gb93 »

Fishtank very good made me :Very Happy :Very Happy
I will keep digging to find were all these FT jobs have materialised.
And of course all the non compulsary EVRs been offered and given to facillitate them.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: I have it on good authority:North East

Post by maisymoo04 »

had 29 duties on the board last week.DSM came down and moved the goal posts now and f@@@ said they want 3 duties out ,what the hell is goin on.its took all this time and wasted money, now they want them all looked at again,more waste of time :mad :mad :d'oh! :d'oh! :evil/mad :evil/mad PLACE IS A JOKE :shock:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"