ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Toilet break

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dados
Posts: 399
Joined: 04 Sep 2009, 16:33
Gender: Male
Location: leading the 5th column

Re: Toilet break

Post by dados »

wsas talking about this today,our revised town walks are up,8 new HCT walks that are out of town,what arrangements for them,fair enough if you are van sharing you could go back to the office,go to the nearest bogs,have a quick one in the back of the van,one manager came up with the novel idea of ingesting salt into your body to stop it doing the business,i wonder if he was taking the pi$$
Art as expression
Not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: Toilet break

Post by bunkerland »

Stormproof wrote: I refuse to knock on anyones door so I can use the bog :cuppa
Quite right,there's definitely something very uncomfortable about using a strangers toilet. Even after putting a layer of paper over the water to deaden the impact,and/or straining not to make any embarrassing sounds,one can seldom sit at ease in a silent house! Can't imagine having to tell some old dearie to "give it a few minutes" or having to apologise for pebble dashing the back of her pan!

Can we not advertise for willing householders to let us use their facilities(we did it for pouch drops,for a fee) We could offer them poo/piss payments,or tolley tolls,just a thought! :hmmmm
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: Toilet break

Post by taurus88 »

cow post wrote:Its the law:

In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter.
" Why, good day, sir. Might your friendly neighbourhood axe murderer request the use of your lavatory? "
Eric Cantona
Posts: 365
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
Gender: Male

Re: Toilet break

Post by Eric Cantona »

In the lift.
I put a killing off sticker over the spy hole on the camera in the lift for my slash. It takes 13 seconds from ground to the 10th floor then whip off the sticker job done.
Send the lift to down to every floor then to get rid of the steam.
I don’t think the camera works anyway? Better safe than sorry.
If you do it nearer the door you can hear it trickle down the shaft when I go on the 9th floor.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Toilet break

Post by clashcityrocker »

Every walk should be risk-asssessed.
As part of that assessment a toilet facility should be identified.
Why would anyone want to piss in lifts or bottles?
If you need to go back to the DO, then you go back to the DO, and while you are there you tell your DOM you now won't be able to complete your delivery within the allotted time.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Toilet break

Post by Lounge Lizard »

"Why would anyone want to piss in lifts or bottles?" :shock: That's one of the biggest questions this new coalition government is struggling to answer. :crazy:
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Toilet break

Post by TeeferTiger »

cow post wrote:Its the law:

In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter.
I thought there was still one of those silly unrepealed laws in place whereby, if you have a downstairs toilet and a postie asks to use it, you have to let them? I might have dreamt that one though.

Apparently though, it's legal for a male to urinate in public, so long as it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle, and his right hand is on the vehicle. I think the keywords there are HIS vehicle...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Toilet break

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Aprilaydee wrote:
cow post wrote:Its the law:

In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter.
I thought there was still one of those silly unrepealed laws in place whereby, if you have a downstairs toilet and a postie asks to use it, you have to let them? I might have dreamt that one though.

Apparently though, it's legal for a male to urinate in public, so long as it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle, and his right hand is on the vehicle. I think the keywords there are HIS vehicle...
and his left hand ....... ? :crazy:
exup13
Posts: 12
Joined: 18 May 2009, 20:28
Gender: Male

Re: Toilet break

Post by exup13 »

POSTMAN wrote:Now is the time to get theses official stops in!
With all the revisions going to happen,sort out your toilet stops for each duty,if you have to drive/walk 10mins out of your way then tough on the planners yes.
Why should we spend time and effort to do this !, Surely its the job of a manager and or walk planner. Let them see to it and earn thier wage !
"Jesse, take that doirty thang out ya mouth"
"I can't ma, he's a holdin' ma ears"
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Toilet break

Post by DGP1 »

I can normally go about 6 hours between going, maybe I've got an iron bladder (from the days of never leaving your pint or space at the bar :wink: ) so I never have a problem (plus there's a couple of public toilets in the area and I have a van).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: Toilet break

Post by not me »

DGP1 wrote:I can normally go about 6 hours between going, maybe I've got an iron bladder (from the days of never leaving your pint or space at the bar :wink: ) so I never have a problem (plus there's a couple of public toilets in the area and I have a van).

same for me BUT it shouldnt be a requirement of the job
plus what happens if you have a dodgy stomach? do you have to take a sick day if there are no available toilets or plans in place?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Toilet break

Post by DGP1 »

custard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:I can normally go about 6 hours between going, maybe I've got an iron bladder (from the days of never leaving your pint or space at the bar :wink: ) so I never have a problem (plus there's a couple of public toilets in the area and I have a van).

same for me BUT it shouldnt be a requirement of the job
plus what happens if you have a dodgy stomach? do you have to take a sick day if there are no available toilets or plans in place?
True, but you seriously think that our management could organise that (they can barely organise getting their own coffee FFS :crazy: ).

PS Lucozade bottle filled and left is always guaranteed a laugh :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Lager Chimp
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 46
Joined: 11 Jul 2007, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: Toilet break

Post by Lager Chimp »

Just a question. Thinking about it from differing perspectives here...

How could a planner 'plan' a toilet stop? Do you know exactly when you'll need to go on say, Monday? And on Wednesday would you need a wee at exactly the same time? How about if you have a vindaloo on Thursday night, should the planner also plan in 5 poo-breaks on a Friday, but just in case you don't have a vindaloo, should a Friday poo break also be planned around a Shepherds Pie, or maybe the slight chance you'll have a pizza?
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Toilet break

Post by DGP1 »

Lager Chimp wrote:Just a question. Thinking about it from differing perspectives here...

How could a planner 'plan' a toilet stop? Do you know exactly when you'll need to go on say, Monday? And on Wednesday would you need a wee at exactly the same time? How about if you have a vindaloo on Thursday night, should the planner also plan in 5 poo-breaks on a Friday, but just in case you don't have a vindaloo, should a Friday poo break also be planned around a Shepherds Pie, or maybe the slight chance you'll have a pizza?
I personally plan my meals around work, never have something that is going to need 'evacuated' several times at very short notice the next day.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Toilet break

Post by Lounge Lizard »

DGP1 wrote:
Lager Chimp wrote:Just a question. Thinking about it from differing perspectives here...

How could a planner 'plan' a toilet stop? Do you know exactly when you'll need to go on say, Monday? And on Wednesday would you need a wee at exactly the same time? How about if you have a vindaloo on Thursday night, should the planner also plan in 5 poo-breaks on a Friday, but just in case you don't have a vindaloo, should a Friday poo break also be planned around a Shepherds Pie, or maybe the slight chance you'll have a pizza?
I personally plan my meals around work, never have something that is going to need 'evacuated' several times at very short notice the next day.
Planning meals is easy, but what about your social life ? :shock:
Do you only have several pints and a large kebab on the evening before your day off ? :crazy: :crazy: