ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
nice day on sick
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: nice day on sick
Whilst I think its rather silly for the O.P to be apparently bragging about 'pulling a sickie' the simple facts are with this job that when people genuinely need time off for something important you have almost no option but to take a sickie... offices are being run on skeleton staffs and even if you give your DOM 6 months notice for trying to get a day or 2 off you are just given a flat NO straight away.
-
DaveF14
- Posts: 184
- Joined: 18 Sep 2009, 17:38
- Gender: Male
Re: nice day on sick
Came in mental early and rushed round. Missed about 10 minutes of the Ryder Cup. No need for a sickie.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: nice day on sick
And what do I watch that on?! lol My TV is only connected to the Wii and DVD player.vinnieb5 wrote:theres always murder she wrote & diagnosis murderAprilaydee wrote:I was off sick but a) I have no interest in golf and b) I have no TV capable of receiving a signal.
There aren't enough people on Facebook to entertain me. The internet has got boring. I've read all the books I own. My concentration levels aren't lasting long enough to study thanks to the medication. Ebay has had a hammering. I'm skint. So I've resorted to cross stitch. Buggered that up a little too, but I'll work around it.
Off for at least another 6 weeks. Or if the neurologist has seen me by then and miraculously cures me... then I'll be on my rehab plan.
Bored out my frickin skull.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: nice day on sick
iPlayer, 4oD.......................??!! And Youtube if you're that desperate!Aprilaydee wrote:And what do I watch that on?! lol My TV is only connected to the Wii and DVD player.vinnieb5 wrote:theres always murder she wrote & diagnosis murderAprilaydee wrote:I was off sick but a) I have no interest in golf and b) I have no TV capable of receiving a signal.
There aren't enough people on Facebook to entertain me. The internet has got boring. I've read all the books I own. My concentration levels aren't lasting long enough to study thanks to the medication. Ebay has had a hammering. I'm skint. So I've resorted to cross stitch. Buggered that up a little too, but I'll work around it.
Off for at least another 6 weeks. Or if the neurologist has seen me by then and miraculously cures me... then I'll be on my rehab plan.
Bored out my frickin skull.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: nice day on sick
Meh. I've not had TV for over a year and I don't miss it.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: nice day on sick
Now come on April, a laydee of your obvious intelligence must be able to find something to occupy your time - I mean I have a couple of ideas and I'll just bet there are others with ideas too.Aprilaydee wrote:I was off sick but a) I have no interest in golf and b) I have no TV capable of receiving a signal.
There aren't enough people on Facebook to entertain me. The internet has got boring. I've read all the books I own. My concentration levels aren't lasting long enough to study thanks to the medication. Ebay has had a hammering. I'm skint. So I've resorted to cross stitch. Buggered that up a little too, but I'll work around it.
Off for at least another 6 weeks. Or if the neurologist has seen me by then and miraculously cures me... then I'll be on my rehab plan.
Bored out my frickin skull.
There's the Wii, it's great, bowling, archery, water sports I haven't had as much fun with......well it is very entertaining. Although I must admit with all the add ons it wasn't cheap...............about £300 or so maybe a bit more, actually quite a bit more now that I think about it....................but it was well worth it. I have seen cheap versions advertised in Netto which would be OK to have a go on.
Get better soon though.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: nice day on sick
I know exactly how you feel and I've only been off 2 weeks with probably another 2/3 months to go. I sold the wii last yearAprilaydee wrote:
Bored out my frickin skull.
I really need to take up some sort of hobby while I'm off, card or jewellery making perhaps
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: nice day on sick
I've just redone my neighbour's CV for her so that occupied 15 mins of my time...Stormproof wrote:I know exactly how you feel and I've only been off 2 weeks with probably another 2/3 months to go. I sold the wii last yearAprilaydee wrote:
Bored out my frickin skull.![]()
I really need to take up some sort of hobby while I'm off, card or jewellery making perhaps
The kitchen needs cleaning and I suppose I should go and start organising something to eat for when my boyf gets home. But I really can't be arsed and might go for a nap instead. I've had this headache since last Wednesday afternoon and I'm feeling a little miserable. The only time it doesn't hurt is when I'm asleep. Oh and I've just seen a mahoosive spider in my hallway (no, that's NOT a euphemism!) so I can't go downstairs anyway in case it's still there. It might wrestle me to the ground and kill me. It was huge.
My DOM wants to meet with me next week too so that'll give me something to look forward to... And I've got to go see the nurse on Thursday to have a big needle stuck in my arse so I've got lots to look forward to this week!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: nice day on sick
Unfortunately, the medication kinda dulls any intelligence I might have and leaves me feeling kind of zombified. I'm absolutely knackered from doing practically nothing and just want to sleep all the time. I feel really guilty for not doing anything in the house but I just don't have the energy for it. On my "good" days, I tend to try and get everything done, and then leave myself shattered for a week or so afterwards.dvbuk55 wrote:Now come on April, a laydee of your obvious intelligence must be able to find something to occupy your time - I mean I have a couple of ideas and I'll just bet there are others with ideas too.Aprilaydee wrote:I was off sick but a) I have no interest in golf and b) I have no TV capable of receiving a signal.
There aren't enough people on Facebook to entertain me. The internet has got boring. I've read all the books I own. My concentration levels aren't lasting long enough to study thanks to the medication. Ebay has had a hammering. I'm skint. So I've resorted to cross stitch. Buggered that up a little too, but I'll work around it.
Off for at least another 6 weeks. Or if the neurologist has seen me by then and miraculously cures me... then I'll be on my rehab plan.
Bored out my frickin skull.![]()
![]()
![]()
There's the Wii, it's great, bowling, archery, water sports I haven't had as much fun with......well it is very entertaining. Although I must admit with all the add ons it wasn't cheap...............about £300 or so maybe a bit more, actually quite a bit more now that I think about it....................but it was well worth it. I have seen cheap versions advertised in Netto which would be OK to have a go on.
Get better soon though.
I've been feeling shattered since last week when I had to go about 40 miles on the train to see the ATOS Dr (who told me off for wanting to go back to work and told me I wasn't fit to go back).
I no longer have the co ordination to play half the games I've got for the Wii which leaves me feeling very frustrated. I seem to have developed a few motor problems meaning my hands don't move where they're meant to when I want them to.
I'm only 29 ffs.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: nice day on sick
Aprilaydee wrote: My DOM wants to meet with me next week too so that'll give me something to look forward to... And I've got to go see the nurse on Thursday to have a big needle stuck in my arse so I've got lots to look forward to this week!
Combine the two and stick the big needle up your DOM's arse......you'll feel better afterwards.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: nice day on sick
Nah, she's OK actually. I know it's the DSM pestering her to get me off the sick because I've seen it done when I was covering DSM support.fishtank wrote:Aprilaydee wrote: My DOM wants to meet with me next week too so that'll give me something to look forward to... And I've got to go see the nurse on Thursday to have a big needle stuck in my arse so I've got lots to look forward to this week!
Combine the two and stick the big needle up your DOM's arse......you'll feel better afterwards.
Besides, I don't think she needs the injection...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
dejavu
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 28 Sep 2009, 16:05
- Gender: Male
Re: nice day on sick
Could take up fishing, might as well be sat in the fresh air than sat at home twiddling your thumbs. 
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: nice day on sick
post_bitch wrote:if there was some kind of reward for not being sick all year then .........
but no they allow 14 days a year sick without any kind of punishment no wonder they do it
albert einstein stuff this!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: nice day on sick
Don't take up fishing...........................you will really be bored to death, I couldn't ever stand being immobile for so long. There are loads of guys on the canal/lake/rivers where I take my dog - I sometimes think I should take a pulse now and again ...................just to be sure they are in the land of the living.dejavu wrote:Could take up fishing, might as well be sat in the fresh air than sat at home twiddling your thumbs.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: nice day on sick
I'd be tempted to push em in.dvbuk55 wrote:Don't take up fishing...........................you will really be bored to death, I couldn't ever stand being immobile for so long. There are loads of guys on the canal/lake/rivers where I take my dog - I sometimes think I should take a pulse now and again ...................just to be sure they are in the land of the living.dejavu wrote:Could take up fishing, might as well be sat in the fresh air than sat at home twiddling your thumbs.
Never seen the point in fishing. Besides, can't afford the gear!
Sat on my sofa now like a little old lady with a blanket and a cup of cocoa.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?