ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Do you hate your Rest Day Cover ?
-
richystran
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 20 May 2010, 02:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Do you hate your Rest Day Cover ?
I float too and DONT bring a single letter back etc I would have more complaints about the ones on the run as they seem to bring back letters that they cant be bothered going up a long lane with! By that i mean wilful delay,cus its funny the way its the same lane or awkward house EVERY week.
-
redspartapost
- Posts: 151
- Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 12:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Do you hate your Rest Day Cover ?
held the same floating duty for 5 years ,no problems for walk holders and none for me allways consulted me if asked to work their day off and if there wasnt a duty i was happy to cover then they did not work it.they were happy days with no d2ds to deliver and a decent bung from them at xmass 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Do you hate your Rest Day Cover ?
Mine just changed and so far is excellent an improvement over t'other. Takes their share of D2Ds and even more sometimes. will be a pleasure to work with them. Certainly Miss Sorts are way down next day than they used to be.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Do you hate your Rest Day Cover ?
I have had the same cover bloke for 7 years now. He covered my day off on my old walk as well as the one I'm on now. He's ok apart from being allergic to delivering Sky mags 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
PostieWithTheMostie!
- Posts: 322
- Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 18:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Do you hate your Rest Day Cover ?
My new one is a good wee guy, no complaints. My old one what a fcuking joke of a postman whole group hated him, obviously never knew what the letters C,D,E and F was in a block of Flats, pr!ck only delivered to A's n B's Tuesday probably worse day for it, he'd batter Recorded Delivery's through doors without signatures for me to get ear-ache off of Customers the next day - and what did the Manager do about - Feck All. Thankfully the little fcuker p!ssed off to new employment elsewhere.
-
gunners1
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:25
Re: Do you hate your Rest Day Cover ?
had a really good cover , took a break off my round ,been back on it 3 weeks, first week cut off, 2nd week cut off ,3rd week left packet bag so there really great .cant wait for next week 4th person doing it blind
-
dblad
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Do you hate your Rest Day Cover ?
I've got a good en, takes more D2Ds than he as to and also takes any I've left in the frame, never leaves any mail or packs/ parcels, in return I do any kill off's he leaves, me thinks I have a good deal with him.