ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Will I ever get any faster?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Tank
Posts: 206
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 12:15
Gender: Male

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by Tank »

Think u have probably peaked,you might b quicker on easier rounds. But when u have a set walk the minute u start u should know how long it will take! Mine takes 2h30min give or take 5 mins but I consider myself one the quickest in our office.
Last edited by Tank on 30 Sep 2010, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
postietaz
Posts: 271
Joined: 23 Sep 2009, 20:06
Gender: Male

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by postietaz »

Tank wrote:Think u have probably peaked,you might b quicker on easier rounds. But when u have a set walk the minute u start u should know how long it will take! Mine takes 2h30min give or take 5 mins but I consider myself the quickest in our office.


you should win an award for that tank ,any ideas folks ??? :crazy: :crazy: :left: :left: :speak to the hand
Tank
Posts: 206
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 12:15
Gender: Male

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by Tank »

postietaz wrote:
Tank wrote:Think u have probably peaked,you might b quicker on easier rounds. But when u have a set walk the minute u start u should know how long it will take! Mine takes 2h30min give or take 5 mins but I consider myself the quickest in our office.


you should win an award for that tank ,any ideas folks ??? :crazy: :crazy: :left: :left: :speak to the hand
Some time in my back pocket? :nana
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by DGP1 »

Tank wrote:
postietaz wrote:
Tank wrote:Think u have probably peaked,you might b quicker on easier rounds. But when u have a set walk the minute u start u should know how long it will take! Mine takes 2h30min give or take 5 mins but I consider myself the quickest in our office.


you should win an award for that tank ,any ideas folks ??? :crazy: :crazy: :left: :left: :speak to the hand
Some time in my back pocket? :nana
:roll: :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :d'oh!
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Tank
Posts: 206
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 12:15
Gender: Male

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by Tank »

:roll: :roll: :arrrghhh :arrrghhh to u to!
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by smokerjim »

postietaz wrote:
Tank wrote:Think u have probably peaked,you might b quicker on easier rounds. But when u have a set walk the minute u start u should know how long it will take! Mine takes 2h30min give or take 5 mins but I consider myself the quickest in our office.


you should win an award for that tank ,any ideas folks ??? :crazy: :crazy: :left: :left: :speak to the hand
I'm feeling generous, so maybe we should offer the benefit of the doubt - it could be that Tank actually has a part time walk ( one that is planned to take 6 hrs or even less ), like there used to be a few years back....if his office hasn't had a repick, or his walk redesigned, then it could be that an average postie would struggle to hang it out beyond 3hrs delivery span.
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
smarterdarter
Posts: 269
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 12:05
Location: Location: Location:

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by smarterdarter »

Re: The "How was your day" thread.
Just under 5 hrs for the walk, plus lapsing. Doing lapsing twice a week now and its taking its toll. Lot of unrest in the office. Office mafia got rid of the rep, so we are in limbo now. :roll: Lapsing twice a week? Ya lucky! Everyday Inc sat for us! Utter bull sh!t been doing everyday since march,...by Tank
Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:43,pm


And your one of the fastest :left: spend that time in your back pocket wisely :whistle
Tank
Posts: 206
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 12:15
Gender: Male

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by Tank »

smarterdarter wrote:Re: The "How was your day" thread.
Just under 5 hrs for the walk, plus lapsing. Doing lapsing twice a week now and its taking its toll. Lot of unrest in the office. Office mafia got rid of the rep, so we are in limbo now. :roll: Lapsing twice a week? Ya lucky! Everyday Inc sat for us! Utter bull sh!t been doing everyday since march,...by Tank
Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:43,pm


And your one of the fastest :left: spend that time in your back pocket wisely :whistle
Think your quoting 2 quotes there! :speak to the hand need to look and quote properly!!! :arrrghhh
smarterdarter
Posts: 269
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 12:05
Location: Location: Location:

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by smarterdarter »

:oops: sry tank, please forgive me it was late. :chuckle
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by DGP1 »

Tank wrote::roll: :roll: :arrrghhh :arrrghhh to u to!
FFS that should be 'to you too' if you're going to try and insult me at least get the English right :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Tank
Posts: 206
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 12:15
Gender: Male

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by Tank »

DGP1 wrote:
Tank wrote::roll: :roll: :arrrghhh :arrrghhh to u to!
FFS that should be 'to you too' if you're going to try and insult me at least get the English right :chuckle
:speak to the hand yawn.
Tank
Posts: 206
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 12:15
Gender: Male

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by Tank »

Tank wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Tank wrote::roll: :roll: :arrrghhh :arrrghhh to u to!
FFS that should be 'to you too' if you're going to try and insult me at least get the English right :chuckle
:speak to the hand yawn.
Seen a couple of posts of yours that are not perfect English, so please do not be a hypocrite!!!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Tank wrote:
Tank wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Tank wrote::roll: :roll: :arrrghhh :arrrghhh to u to!
FFS that should be 'to you too' if you're going to try and insult me at least get the English right :chuckle
:speak to the hand yawn.
Seen a couple of posts of yours that are not perfect English, so please do not be a hipocrite!!!
Come on Tank he had a :Very Happy in his post which meant he was having a laugh. Shall we move on.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by dvbuk55 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Tank wrote:
Tank wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Tank wrote::roll: :roll: :arrrghhh :arrrghhh to u to!
FFS that should be 'to you too' if you're going to try and insult me at least get the English right :chuckle
:speak to the hand yawn.
Seen a couple of posts of yours that are not perfect English, so please do not be a hipocrite!!!
Come on Tank he had a :Very Happy in his post which meant he was having a laugh. Shall we move on.
No, absolutely not.......................... who's had training with anti Tank weaponry :chuckle
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by smokerjim »

dvbuk55 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Tank wrote:
Tank wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Tank wrote::roll: :roll: :arrrghhh :arrrghhh to u to!
FFS that should be 'to you too' if you're going to try and insult me at least get the English right :chuckle
:speak to the hand yawn.
Seen a couple of posts of yours that are not perfect English, so please do not be a hipocrite!!!
Come on Tank he had a :Very Happy in his post which meant he was having a laugh. Shall we move on.
No, absolutely not.......................... who's had training with anti Tank weaponry :chuckle
What have you got? PAK 88, Carl Gustav, LAW, PIAT, Panzerschrek, MILAN, GAU-8 Avenger, Ordnance QF-17pdr, Boyes rifle? Whatever you got - I ain't trained :d'oh! :chuckle
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!