ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Van Share Test Results

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Van Share Test Results

Post by maisymoo04 »

postal what area is this in dont tell me were exac pal :hmmmm
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
MickR
Posts: 43
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 12:20

Re: Van Share Test Results

Post by MickR »

Hi we are in the midst of our revision and have got to the point where they are getting members in to check the new duties, loops, van parking, toilet stops etc, and then asking them to sign to say they are alright. Well it came to my turn on Monday, and i had warned the planner he was likely to get a rougher ride than up to present, and when I sat down with him it turned out to be the case, none of the loops I looked at which are on my duty now are anything like. In my opinion the loops would be about right with a pouch on the shoulder, but with a trolley, with all the packets. specials, tracked and businesses we don't currently deliver, let alone replenishment of trolleys, van movement etc I figure they are at least 10 minutes out. If this follows with all the 6 loops on the new duty, then rather than 4hrs 30mins its likely to be 5hrs 30mins. i have now insisted that next week we take a trolley out and test the loops to which they have agreed. At the moment my DOM is in agreement with me as he says he doesn't want a situation that isn't mangeable when the revision goes in, let's hope he stays of the same mind. We had a debate around what happens if the duty doesn't match the times, and there was some talk about shifting the excess from this duty to a firms delivery which is close by which is currently set at 2.5 hrs, I then said "You are missing the point, if the duty is out as far as I think it is, then what does this say about the rest of the duties?"I have insisted if my concerns are born out that we do random tests on loops in other duties, again they have agreed to that. It seems quite clear that people are accepting whatever is put in front of them, either through a lack of interest or because they want to get out and get on with prepping. I have read on here that there are not any fixed delivery spans and we should just cut off, and if the duties can't be got right then this is what we must do, but I am absolutely determined this revision is right as much as possible, I have witnessed enough crappy revisions to know that if I don't dig my heels in as Unit Rep now then we will be faced with delivery spans which will definitely be in excess of 5hrs, so if duties are meant to be 4.5hrs then that is what they will be and no amount of blackmailing with talk about deadlines and holding up bonus monies for the members will force me to sign it off.

One of the most comical things came when I and the planner were discussing my view that the times were wrong, and he put up on the computer the duty planner and he allocated 4hrs 45mins for delivery, so much time for travelling, so much time for prep etc, and then said "That's sorted it!" I said "How has that sorted the problem? All you have done is given enough time to deliver the duty allowing for the discrepancies I have pointed out so far, but that doesn't make the duty 4.5hrs" What a Joke!!
Last edited by MickR on 29 Sep 2010, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Van Share Test Results

Post by maisymoo04 »

i rekon they will be pulling the plug on this revision,says a very good source :silenced
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Van Share Test Results

Post by POSTMAN »

Mick keep up the good work mate.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
MickR
Posts: 43
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 12:20

Re: Van Share Test Results

Post by MickR »

POSTMAN wrote:Mick keep up the good work mate.
Cheers Mate, intend to do just that, as far as I'm concerned it's time to play hardball otherwise the members will end up with deliveries that will nigh on kill them. So let's get the bit between our teeth and Give 'em rock all