not helped by thel ikes of one guy in our officeREDLETTER wrote:I have FF and a kid, I'm a bloke!!!Aprilaydee wrote:I have to admit, it has always miffed me off a little that everywhere I've worked, the women with kids, or who have had kids, don't have to work all the sh*tty shifts because of the "I've got kids" argument. I always thought "well why don't you sod off and get a job that fits in with the hours you're after rather than making those of us who don't have kids, have to work all the bank hols/lates/weekends instead of you when we're all paid the same hourly rate?!".
However, when I have kids, I intend to make full use of such excusesI had to fight for my rights to change hours! I had to reduce them, but get no special treatment for duties. I have one of the sh*tty duties in the DO that no one else wants.
I work the same hours every day at work including Saturdays when the DO staff have long gone home whilst I still have 2 bags still to deliver. I'm stuffed if I have an accident.
AND I work a damn sight harder than some of the lazy f*ckers in our DO who get paid quite a bit more than I do and still finish before me on some days!
In a modern society it is my wife that earns more than me (:evil/mad ) So I do the "household" duties which include kids![]()
RM champion FF but when someone gets it the rest of the DO seem to think its a con! I've had one Lino say to me when I had kids we just got on with it! - Yes 25 years ago you did, the world has changed but these people haven't, they try and install their life experiences on a different society where the rules and regulations have changed!
If they are there use them! Or should we go back to the H&S situation of 25 years ago!
but asAprilaydee says: However, when I have kids, I intend to make full use of such excuses![]()
![]()
![]()
has FF and starts,leaves earlier
then does loads of OT