For the umpteenth time - on the advice of people on here, I didn't carry out my suggested practice and have in fact now stopped using the car altogether. If people would kindly read all of the posts then that would be very nice. Henceforth I shall simply not do them the courtesy of responding if they cannot be bothered. However, elsewhere in my office, there are at least 100 members of staff using their own car in all manner of ways. If that's what they are prepared to do then that's their prerogative. Which is why, like I suggested previously, IB have much to concern themselves with other than myself, who uses a company vehicle to carry out his duties within said company.fishtank wrote:taurus88 wrote:I have nothing to answer for, I've broken no rule or regulation in the past two months, and before that I broke no rule that everyone else in the office has not been breaking a hundred times over - with the managers not only condoning it by their silence, but positively encouraging it. Our office is a mess. I do the job as properly as I can every day which is the most any good postman can do. I don't care about anyone else, and if I encounter IB, they shall find my standards are exceedingly high and be sent on their merry way.BELIAL wrote:Not a valid defence ,I'm sorry. We've all got targets
Not if you're delivering packets from the back of your car.
It will be you that's sent on your merry way and claiming that everyone else does it won't wash because your manager will obviously deny it and none of your colleagues will confess to breaching the security agreement either.
So.....your protestations of common practice will simply look like sour grapes.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Mail figures drop...my arse!
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
Come on,behave,mail is down from the last few years,not fecking decades lol!Sharkeyes wrote:Back in 1989, I took out two bags on the first delivery and two bundles on the second. Now I go out with 6 or 7 bags per day regulary.
Our packet bag would one or two items in it, now I have two full grey sacks off the frame!
Who do they think they're kidding saying volumes are falling, 'my arse!'
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.