ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rounds
-
Body Beyond Repair
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 20:22
Re: Rounds
Biggest one in our office 839 calls, residential area with 5 multi storey flats on it 13 floors!
-
guvenor
- Posts: 493
- Joined: 20 Dec 2007, 16:58
Re: Rounds
560 all residential all on hills plenty of stairs on most streets most have gates half delivery i would describe as apache country. giros junkies etc . usually 5 bags and 5 d2d. 5 miles from office all worked from pouch boxes no conveience plan
finish on street with 739 items left in local franchised out po. hate it
finish on street with 739 items left in local franchised out po. hate it
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Rounds
One of our walks has 1080 drops, it's all flats and is a piece of piss, taking less than 2 hours.wiganpostie wrote:How can you possibly have 900+ houses? Mine is 645 and I have one of the worst in my office, taking me up to 4 hours on a bad day. Obviously, some walks are shorter than others but 900 + houses is just taking the piss. What do your rep(s) say about it?
-
anTi
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 15:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Rounds
clashcityrocker wrote:Are you in London?anTi wrote:Nope. the rep is done by 9.30 most days. im not kidding either!clashcityrocker wrote:Are you the rep?anTi wrote:Blimey! there are some pretty horrendus walks out there. I feel fortunate. Mine is about 430 points including 70 or so flats. Usually 2/3 bags and takes just under 2 hours most days. I can't be the only one to have a "nice" walk???
Or are you in1980?
Essex 2010.
I guess this is not representative then
-
dejavu
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 28 Sep 2009, 16:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Rounds
620 drops, mixture of shops, businesses and residential. One business gets a full tray off letters to itself everyday not including flats. Its a ball ache to throw off. full of two adresses to a slot and a heavy one to deliver.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16740
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Rounds
Are you in Big Daz's office?anTi wrote:clashcityrocker wrote:Are you in London?anTi wrote:Nope. the rep is done by 9.30 most days. im not kidding either!clashcityrocker wrote:Are you the rep?anTi wrote:Blimey! there are some pretty horrendus walks out there. I feel fortunate. Mine is about 430 points including 70 or so flats. Usually 2/3 bags and takes just under 2 hours most days. I can't be the only one to have a "nice" walk???
Or are you in1980?
Essex 2010.![]()
I guess this is not representative then
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
gofi
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Rounds
whilst the debate about who has the longest , most calls etc. Can anyone beat this for the SMALLEST walk. Suburban area 242 addresses (according to the D2D sheet), totally distance 1.96 miles, ( calculated on walk, jog,run) 90% main doors, time to complete (allegedly) 3.5 hours.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Rounds
gofi wrote:whilst the debate about who has the longest , most calls etc. Can anyone beat this for the SMALLEST walk. Suburban area 242 addresses (according to the D2D sheet), totally distance 1.96 miles, ( calculated on walk, jog,run) 90% main doors, time to complete (allegedly) 3.5 hours.
Now this is Big Dazs Office
-
Spmcintyre
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 02 Sep 2009, 21:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Rounds
I have 598 calls (about 90% 3 and 4 story flats) and it takes me about 4.5 hours every damn day. It was quiet until the students came back 
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Rounds
Look at it this way spm, the students of today are our future...........................Yes I know, it IS feckin frighteningSpmcintyre wrote:I have 598 calls (about 90% 3 and 4 story flats) and it takes me about 4.5 hours every damn day. It was quiet until the students came back
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Rounds
dvbuk55 wrote:Look at it this way spm, the students of today are our future...........................Yes I know, it IS feckin frighteningSpmcintyre wrote:I have 598 calls (about 90% 3 and 4 story flats) and it takes me about 4.5 hours every damn day. It was quiet until the students came backAll those packages you're delivering probably contain herbal highs and rubber dicks.
If that's the case dvb i hope an industry can be built around eating pot noodles,borrowing money from your parents and watching daytime T.V. otherwise this country is truly fecked.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Rounds
Better than herbal dicks and rubber highsdvbuk55 wrote:Look at it this way spm, the students of today are our future...........................Yes I know, it IS feckin frighteningSpmcintyre wrote:I have 598 calls (about 90% 3 and 4 story flats) and it takes me about 4.5 hours every damn day. It was quiet until the students came backAll those packages you're delivering probably contain herbal highs and rubber dicks.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio