OK, I'll let you offPOSTMAN wrote:Aprilaydee wrote:
Meeee wrote:No doubt there are good coaches out there
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Workplace Coach
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Workplace Coach
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Workplace Coach
Don't let him off April, he was obviously having a dig at you and your fellow workplace coaches - a valuable asset in my humble opinion
If a workplace coach is not available do they wait until they are, or does the training go ahead anyway........................no it didn't need a response I really knew the answer
What would have been more sensible?...............paying a training allowance when training.
If a workplace coach is not available do they wait until they are, or does the training go ahead anyway........................no it didn't need a response I really knew the answer
What would have been more sensible?...............paying a training allowance when training.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16740
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Workplace Coach
If there is no workplace coach available they should source a coach from a nearby office
or they should pay an experienced person a training allowance to do the training.
On a slightly separate note: for all those hoping for EVR you better make sure you don't have any vacancies in your office.
If you get a newstart (and they are rarer than hen's teeth at the moment) you need to look after them. They might be the key to your VR.
or they should pay an experienced person a training allowance to do the training.
On a slightly separate note: for all those hoping for EVR you better make sure you don't have any vacancies in your office.
If you get a newstart (and they are rarer than hen's teeth at the moment) you need to look after them. They might be the key to your VR.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Workplace Coach
I thought they did pay? Sorry, I mean, I thought they were MEANT to pay? I don't know every round in any of the offices I've worked in so after a couple of days of them stuck with me (poor buggers), I have to pair them up with a reserve or walk holder to learn the actual round and bagging off. From what I remember reading somewhere, I thought there was a training allowance to be paid to said reserve or walk holder?dvbuk55 wrote:Don't let him off April, he was obviously having a dig at you and your fellow workplace coaches - a valuable asset in my humble opinion![]()
If a workplace coach is not available do they wait until they are, or does the training go ahead anyway........................no it didn't need a response I really knew the answer
What would have been more sensible?...............paying a training allowance when training.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Workplace Coach
My workplace coach told me not a lot. I'm still learning things three months on. People in the office are turning around and instructing me on on how to do certain things (usually the jumping through hoops kind of rubbish; d2d sheets, elements of the signed for sheets that I was unaware of, etc.) because no-one ever bothered to show me. I don't know how they expect you to learn when you basically go out and watch a guy do his job for two days. I don't think I've had any instruction from my 'coach' since I was out on my own, and I certainly haven't had any meetings. In fact, I got a questionnaire through the post after about 4 weeks in the job, intimating that I would be sitting down with my DOM to discuss how I was getting on (as is supposedly policy with new-starts) whilst referring to the answers I gave in said questionnaire.
Didn't happen. I've basically been on my own since day 4 in the job. Not that I mind, it just shouldn't surprise people if I don't know a great deal about some things.
Didn't happen. I've basically been on my own since day 4 in the job. Not that I mind, it just shouldn't surprise people if I don't know a great deal about some things.
-
bedfordrl
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East Hampshire
Re: Workplace Coach
Our work place coach is bloody marvellous.
Hi colin!
Hi colin!
-
martini
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 14:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Workplace Coach
My first post to the forum so sorry for my opinion. However there seems to be a lot of negatives with this subject. Also a lot of people seem to think that the £30 a week pay is not earned. I can assure that they do earn there money as in our office the Coach is also the PDA champion and spends a lot of her time getting the PDA's to work, sending back the faulty ones etc. Also it is not always possible for the coach to teach a new starter Rural rounds as they do not know all of them. Who did the teaching before there was a coach? Also I understand that everybody had a chance to go for the job so perhaps you should ask for your coach to be changed if you think they are ineffective and go for the job yourself. Our coach will always help any staff in the office those who have just started and those that have been there along time. £30 per week is only £6.00 per day and that's less that an 1 hours pay. Waste of money, PR stunt, I don't think so.POSTMAN wrote:Have to say this is an expensive PR stunt gone wrong.
No doubt there are good coaches out there but ffs how many times do they actually coach,and what's all this 'whatever the DOM asks me to do' bollox.(Was mentioned in another thread somewhere)
You're coaches not DOM 's lackeys ffs.
Waste of money.
Sorry Coaches.
If you think that £30 is too much what about those that still get early start allowances of £60 plus a week and they start at 06:15 that's a bit naff, double the allowance and what do they do for that!!
-
floydy
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 20:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Workplace Coach
martini wrote:My first post to the forum so sorry for my opinion. However there seems to be a lot of negatives with this subject. Also a lot of people seem to think that the £30 a week pay is not earned. I can assure that they do earn there money as in our office the Coach is also the PDA champion and spends a lot of her time getting the PDA's to work, sending back the faulty ones etc. Also it is not always possible for the coach to teach a new starter Rural rounds as they do not know all of them. Who did the teaching before there was a coach? Also I understand that everybody had a chance to go for the job so perhaps you should ask for your coach to be changed if you think they are ineffective and go for the job yourself. Our coach will always help any staff in the office those who have just started and those that have been there along time. £30 per week is only £6.00 per day and that's less that an 1 hours pay. Waste of money, PR stunt, I don't think so.POSTMAN wrote:Have to say this is an expensive PR stunt gone wrong.
No doubt there are good coaches out there but ffs how many times do they actually coach,and what's all this 'whatever the DOM asks me to do' bollox.(Was mentioned in another thread somewhere)
You're coaches not DOM 's lackeys ffs.
Waste of money.
Sorry Coaches.
If you think that £30 is too much what about those that still get early start allowances of £60 plus a week and they start at 06:15 that's a bit naff, double the allowance and what do they do for that!!
Yes but not all coaches have the amazing attitude yours obviously has, and by looking at this thread it seems like most of them are the same...
Can you out them with a vote of no confidence
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Workplace Coach
Nofloydy wrote:
Can you out them with a vote of no confidence
Its a position filled usually by application and by Royal Mail not the Union so no vote.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Workplace Coach
PDA Champion? I deal with the PDAs, I get them to work, I manage the asset list, I hand them out and record their usage, send em back and re-issue them and they don't pay me £30 quid a week - so tomorrow I'll be handing them over to our workplace PDA Coach Champion who does get £30 a week and well deserved I might add 
-
floydy
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 20:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Workplace Coach
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Nofloydy wrote:
Can you out them with a vote of no confidence
Its a position filled usually by application and by Royal Mail not the Union so no vote.
Shame...BOOooooooo
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Workplace Coach
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1278322/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;bedfordrl wrote:Our work place coach is bloody marvellous.
Hi colin!
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Workplace Coach
Same here dvb, everyone just hands them to me to fix but not now, it'll be coaches job from now on (and they can do all the training that they're supposed to do).dvbuk55 wrote:PDA Champion? I deal with the PDAs, I get them to work, I manage the asset list, I hand them out and record their usage, send em back and re-issue them and they don't pay me £30 quid a week - so tomorrow I'll be handing them over to our workplace PDA Coach Champion who does get £30 a week and well deserved I might add
The coach position in my office is just for the manager wannabe to keep him sweet.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Workplace Coach
Mind you DGP they do come in handy, because I switch the gps on and it tells me where I am in relation to a toiletDGP1 wrote:Same here dvb, everyone just hands them to me to fix but not now, it'll be coaches job from now on (and they can do all the training that they're supposed to do).dvbuk55 wrote:PDA Champion? I deal with the PDAs, I get them to work, I manage the asset list, I hand them out and record their usage, send em back and re-issue them and they don't pay me £30 quid a week - so tomorrow I'll be handing them over to our workplace PDA Coach Champion who does get £30 a week and well deserved I might add
The coach position in my office is just for the manager wannabe to keep him sweet.
-
floydy
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 20:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Workplace Coach
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Nofloydy wrote:
Can you out them with a vote of no confidence
Its a position filled usually by application and by Royal Mail not the Union so no vote.
what if the dom's not happy with their performance/ability?
for instance our doesnt even know the IPS so never goes on it, he got the role by being up a previous doms harris