ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Rounds

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
doomed
Posts: 27
Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 20:09
Gender: Male

Re: Rounds

Post by doomed »

chelseachris wrote::arrrghhh 941 houses all private 6 pouch bags and a mile and a half from the office to the 1st letter drop taking 35 minutes to push that stupid trolley to my start and 20 minutes dead walk back when i finish and the wife wonders why am fit for nothing in the evening :funneh
I thought over a mile and NO trolly alowed? Also no pavement means NO trolly also narrow pavement means NO trolely cos Public have to step in the road

You have to sue the enarest crossing and not walk nilly willy in any old road too. Kerb deeper than 5 inches is a NO,NO

Needs fine tuning so i may be out on some of these rules but as H & S rep once I had rounds tested by RM rep not CWU rep and this is what he told me.
Sharkeyes
Posts: 141
Joined: 13 Sep 2010, 18:47
Gender: Male

Re: Rounds

Post by Sharkeyes »

577 on mine, ALL open plan (walk over gardens), but it still takes near enough 4 hours except on the odd Tuesday when its light.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: Rounds

Post by RedBagMan »

Off top of head - 608 (85% res - 15% terraces) over 17 streets + 70 (mostly terraces) over 3 streets on lapse using 4(good day) or 5(bad packet day) pouch boxes - half an hour packets/missorts/bundling up - between 3.5/4 hours walking (NO CAR !) - if I go over 15 mins on one day I might go under 20 on another, so as far as I'm concerned, good days and bad days even out over the week. Lapse is ALWAYS done first. Always take a spare delivery card after having to use sheets of paper out of my little "overtime/dogs/D2D/odd notes" notebook one day ... always pouch off loads of packets - something to do with people being at work apparently (pain !). Just starting to get the hang of the walk (which I'm told in our office means I'll get moved off it pretty soon :crazy: ). I never throw my D2Ds in - just take bundles of 'em in the lighter pouch bags and keep notes on what's been done over the week (naughty ??) - D2Ds deffo make a difference to times tho (never had more than 2 a week - yet - but have to do them on lapse as well - and sign for it using a weird sheet which I'm told dates back to when D2Ds = Dosh !) ... No P&L yet - we get ferried to our lapse by taxi - they wait - and then take us to our walk start point (I put 2 pouch bags on the van and drop the other 3 off from the taxi). P&L after Xmas apparently - but my (24 hour) contract finishes on Dec 27th - we wait - we see ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Rounds

Post by clashcityrocker »

RedBagMan wrote:... No P&L yet - we get ferried to our lapse by taxi - they wait - and then take us to our walk start point
And this from a company that won't have the cash to pay any wages soon?
Wouldn't it be cheaper to pay the taxi driver to do the lapsing rather than sitting in his taxi doing nothing .............except counting the readies the morons at RM keep handing over?
Good luck with the contract. :neutral:
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
anTi
Posts: 380
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 15:54
Gender: Male

Re: Rounds

Post by anTi »

Blimey! there are some pretty horrendus walks out there. I feel fortunate. Mine is about 430 points including 70 or so flats. Usually 2/3 bags and takes just under 2 hours most days. I can't be the only one to have a "nice" walk???
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Rounds

Post by clashcityrocker »

anTi wrote:Blimey! there are some pretty horrendus walks out there. I feel fortunate. Mine is about 430 points including 70 or so flats. Usually 2/3 bags and takes just under 2 hours most days. I can't be the only one to have a "nice" walk???
Are you the rep?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Rounds

Post by POSTMAN »

Ouch!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
mailmonkey
Posts: 431
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
Gender: Male

Re: Rounds

Post by mailmonkey »

Mine is 280 DP's, and about 80 lapse...

the 280 is semi rural, hills, lonnnnnnggggg long drives, lots of dead walking, I like it though...

takes about 3 and a half hours on average with the lapse....the lapse is in town and flat and simple
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Rounds

Post by Big Daz »

475 delivery points
anTi
Posts: 380
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 15:54
Gender: Male

Re: Rounds

Post by anTi »

clashcityrocker wrote:
anTi wrote:Blimey! there are some pretty horrendus walks out there. I feel fortunate. Mine is about 430 points including 70 or so flats. Usually 2/3 bags and takes just under 2 hours most days. I can't be the only one to have a "nice" walk???
Are you the rep?
Nope. the rep is done by 9.30 most days. im not kidding either!
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Rounds

Post by OnAFlyer »

612 drops - 90% semis and a few terraced with a couple of firms. Poxy council estate so not very heavy mailwise and it takes me less than 3hrs per day apart from really bad days.

A guy from our office went to another on OT last week, he delivered to the huge houses in the poshest part of town and had 4 bags of mail for one row of the frame, f*ck that :chuckle
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: Rounds

Post by wiganpostie »

How can you possibly have 900+ houses? Mine is 645 and I have one of the worst in my office, taking me up to 4 hours on a bad day. Obviously, some walks are shorter than others but 900 + houses is just taking the piss. What do your rep(s) say about it?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Rounds

Post by clashcityrocker »

anTi wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
anTi wrote:Blimey! there are some pretty horrendus walks out there. I feel fortunate. Mine is about 430 points including 70 or so flats. Usually 2/3 bags and takes just under 2 hours most days. I can't be the only one to have a "nice" walk???
Are you the rep?
Nope. the rep is done by 9.30 most days. im not kidding either!
Are you in London?
Or are you in1980?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Rounds

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

wiganpostie wrote:How can you possibly have 900+ houses? Mine is 645 and I have one of the worst in my office, taking me up to 4 hours on a bad day. Obviously, some walks are shorter than others but 900 + houses is just taking the piss. What do your rep(s) say about it?
900 - could be back to backs - one of ours is like that 200 more than most yet done at same time whether is busy or quiet.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Rounds

Post by POSTMAN »

clashcityrocker wrote:
anTi wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
anTi wrote:Blimey! there are some pretty horrendus walks out there. I feel fortunate. Mine is about 430 points including 70 or so flats. Usually 2/3 bags and takes just under 2 hours most days. I can't be the only one to have a "nice" walk???
Are you the rep?
Nope. the rep is done by 9.30 most days. im not kidding either!
Are you in London?
Or are you in1980?
Easy tiger,it's obviously 1980. :whistle
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.