They won't offer any VR,they are doing their best to avoid it in delivery now...they will just terminate contracts...remember we will probably be a private company by then.postmanplod69 wrote:The way i look at it maybe there will be 20% job losses if saturdays go ie no floating duty on delivery but the way things are going at the moment on delivery im sure you would get 50% of posties possibly more wanting voluntary redundancy if it was offered.
Its a yes from me!!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
POLL:Get rid of Saturday deliveries?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Get rid of Saturday deliveries?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
postietaz
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 23 Sep 2009, 20:06
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Get rid of Saturday deliveries?
more like 5 pm saturday
:mfo
-
postietaz
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 23 Sep 2009, 20:06
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Get rid of Saturday deliveries?
plenty of stuff still undelivered

-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: POLL:Get rid of Saturday deliveries?
I really think getting rid of Saturday deliveries is the thin end of the wedge.postmanplod69 wrote:The way i look at it maybe there will be 20% job losses if saturdays go ie no floating duty on delivery but the way things are going at the moment on delivery im sure you would get 50% of posties possibly more wanting voluntary redundancy if it was offered.
Its a yes from me!!
If they can change from a 6 day USO to a 5 Day USO they next stage would be to make RM a 5 day delivery service with a weekly USO for rural deliveries. Then perhaps in the future a 3 delivery service over 5 days for urban.
Getting rid of Saturday is, IMHO a single step on to a slippery slope.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
minx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 12:35
- Gender: Female
Re: POLL:Get rid of Saturday deliveries?
no we should keep sat deliveries this is yet another ploy to wittle our company down to nothing for a cheap sell off that will only benefit our lying fat wage cat waste of space government ...leave royal mail alone
ive also noticed that TNT seems to be witholding mail as i personally have had 4 items of my personal mail not arrive and all the complaints i get in work at customer services abuse line involve downstream access whats going on guys do you think thisis deliberate ,to further grind our Co down
power to the posties and cust services

ive also noticed that TNT seems to be witholding mail as i personally have had 4 items of my personal mail not arrive and all the complaints i get in work at customer services abuse line involve downstream access whats going on guys do you think thisis deliberate ,to further grind our Co down
power to the posties and cust services
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: POLL:Get rid of Saturday deliveries?
No! As others have already explained: this is just the beginning. They want to errode the USO, to the point where they can abolish it, without too much resistance.

Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Get rid of Saturday deliveries?
it wont be saturdays that go.
it will be mondays
it will be mondays
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: POLL:Get rid of Saturday deliveries?
Better tell Vince Cable then he was the one who first mentioned getting rid of Saturdays. But then as Minster for Business Affairs his ivory tower is higher than most.flaminmoses wrote:it wont be saturdays that go.
it will be mondays
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: POLL:Get rid of Saturday deliveries?
I voted "YES" to getting rid of the Saturday delivery.
I didn't much mind working until 12.00, 1.00pm at a push, but I'm buggered if I want to be out delivering until 3.00pm on a Saturday.
I didn't much mind working until 12.00, 1.00pm at a push, but I'm buggered if I want to be out delivering until 3.00pm on a Saturday.
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: POLL:Get rid of Saturday deliveries?
Yes for the following reasons:
1. I will get to spend more time with my b.f who lives quite a way from me so don't see him much during the week.
2. Wont ever have to struggle to get a saturday off to attend the numerous car shows i go to.
3. Because we dont have a day off during the week and sats are compulsory.
1. I will get to spend more time with my b.f who lives quite a way from me so don't see him much during the week.
2. Wont ever have to struggle to get a saturday off to attend the numerous car shows i go to.
3. Because we dont have a day off during the week and sats are compulsory.
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Get rid of Saturday deliveries?
Anyone saying it's thin edge of the wedge stuff is putting up a total red-herring.
The Con-Dems will wipe their arses on the USO as they are currently suggesting. Mon-Fri deliveries is not an enabler to abandoning the current USO it is just part of the larger buisness decision to make the service more 'commercially viable'. The USO isn't sacred, it's a promise to customers made in the day before mail market liberalisation which is now not realistic. The market has been rigged to make this the case as we know by Capitalist scum in Brussels.
The Con-Dems will wipe their arses on the USO as they are currently suggesting. Mon-Fri deliveries is not an enabler to abandoning the current USO it is just part of the larger buisness decision to make the service more 'commercially viable'. The USO isn't sacred, it's a promise to customers made in the day before mail market liberalisation which is now not realistic. The market has been rigged to make this the case as we know by Capitalist scum in Brussels.
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Re: POLL:Get rid of Saturday deliveries?
I really hope that all of you selfish folks voting to get rid of working Saturdays are still with RM to reap the benefit if this ever actually happens.
That matrix system can be a real b@sta@rd,so i hear....
Solidarity,eh. Pmsl.
That matrix system can be a real b@sta@rd,so i hear....
Solidarity,eh. Pmsl.
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
dwmc
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 05:06
- Gender: Male
Re: POLL:Get rid of Saturday deliveries?
scrap saturday deliveries .... hell yes , the sooner the better . and as an added bonus i can drink more beer on friday nights without having to worry about getting up at stupid 0`clock on saturday morning .
-
marie
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 17:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: Scotland
Re: POLL:Get rid of Saturday deliveries?
I'm a "no" vote - I don't want to see anyone losing their job over this - although what we think won't count anyway - the powers that be will just do what they want.
I hate working Saturdays - hate it with a passion - lifting letter boxes and smelling bacon and toast - its torture.
I hate working Saturdays - hate it with a passion - lifting letter boxes and smelling bacon and toast - its torture.
-
nowt on the wireless
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 27 Mar 2010, 19:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere
Re: POLL:Get rid of Saturday deliveries?
voted No because I LOVE knocking on the dole'ites doors early on a Saturday getting them out of bed!
makes my Saturday
What A Smashing Blouse You're Wearing