http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/tonbridge/s ... ticle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A KINDHEARTED Royal Mail worker from Tonbridge made a splash at the town's pool when she swam two miles for charity.
Sandra Pizzey, of Willow Lea, took just over one hour and 20 minutes to complete the 128 lengths – and raised more than £800 for Breast Cancer Care.
She said: "I'm quite a keen swimmer and go twice a week, so although it was quite a way, I felt OK afterwards. It wasn't a problem."
The fundraising event is just one part of Mrs Pizzey's efforts to raise cash for an organisation she holds close to her heart.
It was ten years ago the grandmother-of-two was diagnosed with breast cancer.
She now organises an annual October Pink Day at the town's Royal Mail HQ, where she also runs a charity book shop.
"Around four years ago someone said they'd sponsor me if I had my hair pink, so I did it for charity, and things have gone on from there," she added.
"We've raised more than £4,000 since then."
Mr Pizzey thanked Tonbridge Swimming Pool for setting aside a lane especially for her challenge, and her bosses at Royal Mail for donating £200 to her cause.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
A special delivery of cash for charity
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
A special delivery of cash for charity
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female