ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Should I Work my Day Off ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Should I Work my Day Off ?

Post by General Mannerheim »

jaylime wrote:It's called a day off for a reason.
No you should work it as Royal Mail and your manager will be forever grateful to you ;liar and will remember when you want a day off at short notice...so they can say no :silenced
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
flyinmachine
Posts: 26
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Should I Work my Day Off ?

Post by flyinmachine »

I dont like working my day off ! Even though the money comes in handy. The worst thing about not working your day off Is.theirs a very good chance your walk wont go out at all that day if you dont come in.Meaning you get 2 days mail to deliver when you come back. Thats the way it is in my office. Total shambles !!!
dubdaz
Posts: 264
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
Gender: Male
Location: london borough in kent

Re: Should I Work my Day Off ?

Post by dubdaz »

In the last couple of weeks because they are running my office so short staffed, when your floater is off your pressured to work your day off and told that if you don't you'll come back and have to do 2 days worth of work.This is a direct result of the managers cutting staff just so they can get their fat bonuses, BUT they're not supposed to impact on the mail getting delivered every day.My floater hasn't been off yet since this started so I've not been asked yet but when I am I certainly wont be working it, it would stick in my throat knowing the lino's are going to earn out of it.Unfortunately most in my gaff tear the arse out of the job just to finish early, so the p****s have been working theirs cos they cant stomach a day of not finishing before their time.
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Should I Work my Day Off ?

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

I've been foreced down this route, due to losing 4.5 hours per week from my verbally agreed extension over my 22.5 hour contract, as of next week. The only day I (and ~10 others in similar situation that were told yesterday) can still do a minimum six hour day is Saturdays, so there goes next week's long weekend, in order to meet the 30 hour target to qualify for all parts of Working Tax Credits...